What's new

Celtic Stone seeds.

AnonMe

Hi everyone,

Not wanting to start anything lol. I know there was some issues over at the celtic stone camp and none of them seem to be around anymore.

I've searched the web and cant seem to find much on what genetics went into this breeding program.

The reason I am asking is because I have some old seed stock and have thrown in 6 "Double Stone" seeds from celtic stone. Seeing as their .org domain is no longer available I cant research or ask what is in the make up of double stone. Google has not been kind to me either.

I also have some other seeds. I think I bought a pack of everything they had. Double stone, celtic berry, celtic hash (obviously hash plant?), and one I think was called black death.

Anyway, had them a few years but the double stone's just cracked so I've got them in rock wool cubes. *Fingers Crossed*. I soaked 6 seeds for about 48 hours then dropped them into paper towels for another 48 and they are just pushing out the tip of a tap now. One of the 6 has not popped yet but its in a cube also. Really, I only need 4 to go into my 4x tent from there I will clone about 20 clones of which 12 will make it into my 12x room. Hoping for 4 good females but as the clones are rooting I will be flowering the 4x tent and will be able to determine sex if preflowers don't tell me first.. I will be spewing if I get 3/4 males or worse and find I do not have 12 clones to fill the chamber. I think if I take 5 from each of the 4x tent then that gives me 20. If one is male I am left with 15... If 2 are male I am left with 10... oh wait I better take more than 20 clones haha.

Anyway at this point in time I am just hoping some people who were around the celtic crew are floating around on icmag and can tell me what kind of genetics are in the double stone. Knowing will help me with timing through out the grow. Things like when to turn.. being able to guess how many weeks of flower I should expect etc.

Thanks guys!

AnonMe

That's what I love about this wonderful herb. It has so much variance. I've accidentally thrown pollen around my girls on different occasions and have a large library of crosses. To me their all rare beans because they can show so many different traits. I had a white russian cross that I wont even bother speaking about. No one would believe me and I would be shot down in flames :D

Needless to say it was one seed from a batch and I have never been able to reproduce it with any of its sisters. No clones were taken and she is now lost. I am grateful that my best mate and I grew it and we got to share the experience of something very rare and probably will never see again.

Emphasis nowadays is on stabilizing and isolating desired traits. It has its merits too but I still recon the most prized gems are the ones you've created yourself even if it is by accident.

Dark Helmet

CS is (Stonehedge) x (Dixie Crystal) [White Widow x Cinderella 99]

Celtic Berry is Badassberry x Celtic Stone

black death was Celtic Stone x White Widow

id give my left nut just to get ahold of Celtic Stone sorry i didnt reply sooner i just saw this..

Last edited:

AnonMe

Hi Dark Helmet!

Thanks for your reply. I dont supose you know the double stone lineage?

I ran celtic berry for quite some time. It was pretty good. It was a good yielder and a nice solid smoke. All my people loved it. I only stopped because I wanted a change for a bit. I should have kept a mother but oh well. I still have some CB seeds left.

I would have liked some original celtic stone as well but to tell the truth I probably have too many seeds at the moment and its going to take me a lifetime to get through them all!

caligula

one of my friends (RacerX on some other forums) is a growing celtic hash right now and knows more about the whole celtic thing - i'll have him chime in here.

Hashist

Hiya, guys. I'm Hashist, aka RacerX.

I'm running Celtic Stone's "Celtic Hash" strain right now. I received the old-stock beans as a gift recently. First run, three-four weeks into flower. I don't really have much to share on that yet. BUT...

I've tried to find information about Celtic Stone Seeds. The breeder apparently was a guy who went by the handle "deadvet." I believe it was an Australian company. There were a few folks who grew out just about everything he put out. Matanuska Valley has some excellent Celtic Stone Seeds grows posted. You'll find another complete Double Stone grow here:

http://************/cvwb5ke

The grower there copied the Celtic Stone Double Stone's lineage from deadvet's strain description. I can't find the original, but I do recall finding it during some research I was doing about a year ago. Anyway, here is Double Stone's lineage:

Bred from an F1 male Big Stone, to an F2 Female CS, we expect th Indica domination to come out on this strain. As of now, these are beta testing, and growth pattern/expectations are unknown.

Estimated Flowering Time: 8 weeks
Estimated Phenos: Heavy Indica, should be mainly xmass phenos, though a few DD's may sneak through.

deadvet named all of his gear himself, I believe. I've never been able to determine the lineage of his Celtic Stone strain, but it was the cornerstone of his breeding stock. IMO, deadvet never really identified his breeding stock well - his Celtic Hash, for example, was simply described as "Celtic Stone x Hash Plant." What hash plant, right?

Anyway, I hope these clues help. You CAN find more info, but you have to be patient in your research. While I was never motivated to pursue the quest any further, the info is out there.

Hashist

Heh - apparently, the host does not like link condensers. Here is a the expanded link for the Double Stone grow I mentioned above:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hashist

This is one of Matanuska Valley's picture threads at another forum. It happens to be queued to Celtic Hash pics, but if you look around, you'll see more of his Celtic Stone grows:

Hashist

I said I've never been able to determine the lineage of Celtic Stone. That was just plain wrong. I'm high and processing a lot of information. As was mentioned, I believe, somewhere else in this thread, Celtic Stone is Sagarmatha's Stonehedge x Juan Moore's Dixie Crystals. Lineage is delineated here with comments by deadvet:

Hashist

I haven't been thru all the links here, but you may find more information on CS strains that you've got here:

Hashist

So, Double Stone is (Celtic Stone x Big Stone). Celtic Stone = Sagarmatha's Stonehedge x Juan Moore's Dixie Crystals

Big Stone is (Indica x Celtic Stone)

BIG stone is a hybrid crossing an almost pure Indica with our CS male.
We're hoping for some time to develop this one more, but for now, she remains as an F1, and slowly moving onto F2's. The mom for this was a heavily producing strain, but was lacking slightly in power. The CS adds that, and as always, the CS traditional higher ratio of females to males.

Generally keep to the CS standard for growing tips:

* Type: Mainly indica, indoor and outdoor
* Vegetate until: 4 - 7 internodes
* Flowering time: 7-9 weeks
* Average height: 1 meter
* Yield: 500 grams / m² (dried) indoors
* Taste: rich, earthy, slightly sweet
* High: couched and beaten

Thus, Double Stone = (Sagarmatha's Stonehedge x Juan Moore's Dixie Crystals) x (Indica x (Sagarmatha's Stonehedge x Juan Moore's Dixie Crystals))

Notice the unnamed indica. That seemed to be standard for the Celtic Stone Seeds' strain descriptions - if it wasn't part of the CS strain heritage, the names didn't get mentioned - at least, that's what the research seems to reveal.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Hashist

The price of this information is having to look at my Celtic Hash plants. I've got two phenos, one shorter than the other with different leaf structures.

Pheno 1:
1iAIR.jpg

uSTQW.jpg

Pheno 2:

HnErL.jpg

ZnSMP.jpg

Thanks for letting me hijack for a sec. ;)

Hashist

deadvet naming everything "celtic ___" and not identifying his breeding stock confused the hell out of my searches, BTW.

AnonMe

Hi Hashist!

Thanks for dropping by. Sorry I have not replied any earlier. Things have been busy.

I bought in some cronic clones from a mate... bloody spider mite! They got to the little seedlings and I managed to save 1 definately, and two are touch and go at the moment. After the spiders hit them, some of the younger ones got some kind of mould/fungal thing happening. But one is a definate go-er!

I have a position for 4 girls at the moment, which are two cronic, and the strong doublestone. I will clone off one of the cronic clones too I think to fill the 4th position if none of the doublestone make it through.

The cronic have been going strong since I saved them from the dreaded spiders. Heh should see the room they came from. I paid a visit back and my mate was like "OMG! I'm under attack!" Oh well you get that.

Thanks to everyone on the explination of the parenting of the doublestone. I was familiar with the celtic stone coming from sagamatha's stonehenge but now I know exactly whats sprouted from this seed. Hopefully its something special. Hopefully its a girl too. Considering trying my hand at coloidal silver to make some fem seeds if it is. Mainly because I have no more doublestone seeds left.

Still got celtic hash, black death etc.. Should be something good in all those.

Anyway I am a bit rushed at this moment so my reply is higgledy piggledy but I just wanted to give a quick update and say thank you to everyone that has replied. I will take some shots soon I hope and upload them. I am worried about my picture size though. I think I am running out of space on this account to host pics. I gotta start trying harder to make them smaller :)

Thanks everyone!!

AM.

Hashist

I haven't harvested my celtic stone ladies yet, but they're smelling strongly of tangerines and cream. You could do worse than having to move on to these beans, AnonMe. And they are frostly li'l nugz, too!

conehead

Ive grown the Celtic hash, some of the best bud Ive ever had. Easy to grow half pounders, the genetics are from their original cutting called Ingrid And bjorn the male. F1, breed on brother.

Latest posts

Latest posts