What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Celebrities ever come to IC mag?

TokenBlackGuy

wannabeebreeder said:
We do have celebrities on here JLP, Gypsy, Reeferman, Sam the skunkman,Gratefulhead........and the list goes on with all the people who contribute to the plant we all love dudes and dudettes.

keep on a blazin'.........

Chuck Norris says your an
:kissass:

J

Jam Master Jaco

wannabeebreeder said:
We do have celebrities on here JLP, Gypsy, Reeferman, Sam the skunkman,Gratefulhead........and the list goes on with all the people who contribute to the plant we all love dudes and dudettes.

keep on a blazin'.........

Seriously. I find it very awesome to be able to talk to people here like Rezdog and Gypsy who are very high up in the cannibis world. I mention Rezdog and Gypsy, but of course I mean to give credit to all the other breeders on this site. Thanks for the weed!

TokenBlackGuy said:
Chuck Norris says your an
:kissass:
LMAO! This coming from the dude who was kissing some serious Rezdog butt in an attempt to get strawberry diesel seeds. ha! No hard feelings though, I was doing the same thing....and I got those beans too! ....just not from the ass kissing.

Last edited:

TokenBlackGuy

Jam Master Jaco said:
LMAO! This coming from the dude who was kissing some serious Rezdog butt in an attempt to get strawberry diesel seeds. ha! No hard feelings though, I was doing the same thing....and I got those beans too! ....just not from the ass kissing.

And which post might this be.. please direct me too it... And if your talkin about the post that has one guy givin Rez his Arjan Doll.. i was actually kissin the doll givers ass to give up his Chemdog cross.. so go found ass kissin post..
:bat:

And i already have Strawberry Diesel from last year..

Last edited:

naga_sadu

Ok, by celebrity I assume you mean already rich. Why on earth would a rich person grow their own herb? It makes no sense. It's actually quite stupid to risk throwing away their career on something they could get more easily from an acquaintance.

People who are rich and have "made it" can potentially invest lots more time into a hobby they like, which could very well be growing mmj. And for sure, concerns such as paying the electricity bill, setting up a kick ass grow room (if indoors) or buying a really sweet spot (if outdoor) isin't really a concern for them. And even for those who engage in a hectic lifestyle, a hobby such as growing can serve as a good detour from everyday hectic hayday.

The thought that growing is less risky than having an associate hook them up is pretty ridiculous. Thats what they have "people" for.

"They would grow because it's a great hobby."

That's very funny. If they want to grow for fun, they're going to grow something legal.

Rich people tend to break the law much more hardcore than a commoner. Almost everyone in the upper income bracket plays tricks when it comes to income declaration, for example...eventhough the consequences of gettin caught are severe.

And also, the crimes for cocaine possession is much more hardcore (at least in India) than that of possessing mmj, yet the highest % of people I've seen consume coke are from the upper income ranges. So legality ain't no issue.

A rich guy can obtain legal services and can handle the cops MUCH more efficiently than a commoner. A visit from the cop will be like a fly waiting to be swatted for a rich guy, whereas for a commoner, it's more of a scary ordeal. Almost all rich people have a crack legal team. And in countrys that don't have a sound legal system, they have the police under their fingertips.

So this thought makes no sense on the following grounds:

-uneconomical (their time would be better spent making lots of cash than trying to grow an ounce of mj).

The rich don't partake in hobbies for sake of economy. That's something they already take for granted. At least in India, the largest % of orders for DIY shit such as "assemble your own car", "assemble your own trike" etc., comes from the rich, eventhough they have enough $$$ to buy a rolls royce phantom. THe "commoner" settles for something factory made. So, on your logic, why should a rich guy spend lots of time and effort assembling a car from kits and plans when he could just pick up the phone and have a rolls royce phantom door delivered?

-Risk/Reward makes absolutely no sense. Growing plants can be considered fun by some, but thats just ridiculous.

Said who?

Believe it or not, if you thought that growing plants is risky, then you should take an aircraft ride to modern Moscow. There are organised "simulation" tours, designed for the rich, which puts them on the shoes of a beggar. After signing up for the tour, the rich ppl are given rags and then go off on begging "expeditions" to places like the subway station in Moscow. At the end of the day, they (whoever signed up) congregate, have some vodka on a luxurious penthouse and show off their "loot" at the evening.

If begging can be considered a fun hobby for the rich, then why can't growing plants?

-They can get every type of weed under the sun from the good hookups they have from being a celeb.

I'd imagine that the rich celeb won't grow his / her own for any particular "need based" reason, but would do so out of want. Or just as a way of breaking away from the everyday routine. Some ppls' hobbies are testing out their latest automobile fad (mod job) by outrunning cops (not too common in West). Others get a kick out of begging (this is very popular in Moscow). I don't think the guys who beg as a hobby do so because they made 100,000,000 bucks and need 10 bucks more, if u know what i mean. Like that, others get a kick out of growing.

I'm sure there's a celebrity that grows their own, but that's .01% of pot smoking celebs. And it's going to be Larry the Cable Guy, or someone like that.

The issues we have to deal with, as commoners- such as dealing w/ the cops, cost concerns, the constant need for sustaining finances...which don't apply to the rich person.

For a rich guy, especially a celeb, finding time and leisure are HUGE constraints. Again, as commoners, this is something we can take for granted. When you have lots of $$$ but your life is tuned in such a way that leisure and free time become luxury goods, indulging in any hobby is a way of giving you some mental solace. And it can be any hobby or distraction. From putting together a car, to begging to growing an illegal plant.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I've shared fellowship with some biggies out west.they mostly prefered to b treated the same as anyone. A site like this would be very refreshing to most that i met..

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I'm the Tupac Hologram.

main.jpg

How'd you like my performance at Coachella?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Carl Sagan's Essay on Cannabis
sagan.jpg

Below are a few citations from an essay that astronomer Carl Sagan wrote in 1969 for Marihuana Reconsidered, a book published by Dr. Lester Grinspoon. At that time Sagan was 35 years old. He continued using cannabis for the rest of his life.

"The cannabis experience has greatly improved my appreciation for art, a subject which I had never much appreciated before. The understanding of the intent of the artist which I can achieve when high sometimes carries over to when I'm down. This is one of many human frontiers which cannabis has helped me traverse."

"A very similar improvement in my appreciation of music has occurred with cannabis. For the first time I have been able to hear the separate parts of a three-part harmony and the richness of the counterpoint. I have since discovered that professional musicians can quite easily keep many separate parts going simultaneously in their heads, but this was the first time for me. Again, the learning experience when high has at least to some extent carried over when I'm down. The enjoyment of food is amplified; tastes and aromas emerge that for some reason we ordinarily seem to be too busy to notice. I am able to give my full attention to the sensation. A potato will have a texture, a body, and taste like that of other potatoes, but much more so. Cannabis also enhances the enjoyment of sex - on the one hand it gives an exquisite sensitivity, but on the other hand it postpones orgasm: in part by distracting me with the profusion of image passing before my eyes. The actual duration of orgasm seems to lengthen greatly, but this may be the usual experience of time expansion which comes with cannabis smoking."

"I do not consider myself a religious person in the usual sense, but there is a religious aspect to some highs. The heightened sensitivity in all areas gives me a feeling of communion with my surroundings, both animate and inanimate."

"When I'm high I can penetrate into the past, recall childhood memories, friends, relatives, playthings, streets, smells, sounds, and tastes from a vanished era. I can reconstruct the actual occurrences in childhood events only half understood at the time. Many but not all my cannabis trips have somewhere in them a symbolism significant to me which I won't attempt to describe here, a kind of mandala embossed on the high. Free-associating to this mandala, both visually and as plays on words, has produced a very rich array of insights."

"The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

Nonphixion

"When I'm high I can penetrate into the past, recall childhood memories, friends, relatives, playthings, streets, smells, sounds, and tastes from a vanished era. I can reconstruct the actual occurrences in childhood events only half understood at the time. Many but not all my cannabis trips have somewhere in them a symbolism significant to me which I won't attempt to describe here, a kind of mandala embossed on the high. Free-associating to this mandala, both visually and as plays on words, has produced a very rich array of insights."
I got this exactly with some of the stronger sativas I smoked. Good to hear it happened to Sagan too.

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
I know tons of real life celebs on IC. Here's just a few off the top of my head...

Phillthy = George Clooney
UnknownProphet = Samuel L. Jackson
Cocktail Frank = Bill Belichick haha
DoobieDuck = The guy on a buffalo (google it)
MeltingPot = Jesus Christ
Weird = Peter Griffin

...and I'm like 90% sure MoneyMike is actually Kat Williams...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts