What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CDPHE Emergency

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was there and lucky enough to get a seat inside right behind rob corry. i was very confused during most of it but rob was able to explain more. as for 8 minutes i thought it took a bit longer than that maybe 15 lol what a joke. it definatly leaves more grey area's. I'll definatly be there on december 16th.
Damn, I was out in the shame line outside! I could hear him yelling though :) I'm still very confused as to what actually happened. Did they postpone the decision on these changes, or did they enact them, and schedule another meeting to give us a reach around, after we've already had the ass pounding?

BowlPacks

So every dispensary in town is essentially illegal. Lets see who is open tomorrow, eh. Lets try and get ahold of Mr. Corry too. This is complete shit. However, I am sleeping with one of my patients, so, does vaginal massage count as "other services"?

cygnus

I am not giving the state any more of my money for renewing my card. This is a joke of a program . I blame the dispensaries for screwing this up for those of us who only provide medicine for a reasonable amount of patients. I was one of the first three hundred people on this program. It is sad that some dispensaries think they needed 500+ patients.

Surrender

I am confused why the board felt they needed to have an "emergency session" to address this. A unanimous vote as well, that's shady. They're not telling us something and obviously they take orders when given them.

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE...
I am not giving the state any more of my money for renewing my card. This is a joke of a program . I blame the dispensaries for screwing this up for those of us who only provide medicine for a reasonable amount of patients. I was one of the first three hundred people on this program. It is sad that some dispensaries think they needed 500+ patients.

YES!!! greed can get in the way.....We've watched Cali for years battle this exact same problem, however....so far, thru a very tough and expensive battle, AND....a good Prez, they've prevailed, however not without alot of causalities. We up here in Oregon learned by their mistakes, and decided to approach the dispensary plan from a different angle, so far.....it seems to be working out for us!!

Ya see, we didn't allow people to become opportunists right away and start dispensaries on every street corner in every town, we the people came up with a plan, and its on its way to being on a ballot, we included the state in our program, much as the same as we run our liquor here...in a sense, and it looks very appealing to the public as well as the state...Since out timber industry is, or was our main source of income for schools and libraries around this state, we approached that lack of revenues as a good channel for any tax type income they could receive from state grower permits, as well as dispensary permits, along with income tax on monies made....All above table, including the state!!

I am sure Fed taxs too on income, but the interesting part will be, are they willing to except monies from an issue they don't back, or acknowledge?? Bet they do...they gladly took our monies to become a non profit MMJ site, something they don't believe is MEDICINE..and gave us our non profit stamp of approval....so, that in itself goes to show ya when it comes to MONEY, you can move a mountain!!

I think we are THE 1st, and maybe only Fed non profit Medical Marijuana Site in the USA!!! :jump:

slappyjack

So we've had a day to process this news and I'm more confused than ever.

Say I wanted to start a reasonable medical grow, I have 5 or 6 patients lined up who want to purchase my medicine. Since I'm a start-up I don't yet have the product on hand, 4 months minimum before the first harvest is usable as medicine.

At what point is my garden legal? At what point do I have to begin providing wellness care?

Can I start my garden before I have patients, legally? Or do I risk prison as punishment for trying to start a legitimate business? If I'm working with a distributor network (a collective) who is responsible for the wellness care? The grower or the distributor, or both?

Gawd, if only I could start a "too-big-to-fail" investment bank I'd be golden, and be subject to periodic taxpayer bailouts if I suck at banking.

pikes peak 69

Your garden is legal when a patient lists you as a cg on the form, notarizes it and has proof of mailing to the registry.
You start providing wellness when they sign you up as a cg.
It does'nt mean you pay for anything, just manage, oversee or help them schedule something they need done. They would still have to pay for what they need you just help them make sure it gets done.

Weekly contact, visit to their home make sure they have utilities on, need a ride to store or Dr. Bring them a burger or snack. If somethings unsafe at their home, have a service guy do it patient pays.
Give a shit about your patients and don't just sell weed to them. Know your patient, be on the same wave link as them, something.

pp69

So we've had a day to process this news and I'm more confused than ever.

Say I wanted to start a reasonable medical grow, I have 5 or 6 patients lined up who want to purchase my medicine. Since I'm a start-up I don't yet have the product on hand, 4 months minimum before the first harvest is usable as medicine.

At what point is my garden legal? At what point do I have to begin providing wellness care?

Can I start my garden before I have patients, legally? Or do I risk prison as punishment for trying to start a legitimate business? If I'm working with a distributor network (a collective) who is responsible for the wellness care? The grower or the distributor, or both?

Gawd, if only I could start a "too-big-to-fail" investment bank I'd be golden, and be subject to periodic taxpayer bailouts if I suck at banking.

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE...
.... don't just sell weed to them. Know your patient, be on the same wave link as them, something.

pp69

Good plan, however, if I can suggest a different word, one thats more softer than SELL....we opted to use the word "REIMBURSE" seems to have a much milder ring to it, selling just attracts the wrong attention, I believe!!!

....'jes a thought!!! ;)

cygnus

Well after reading the letter from Mark Salley it seems we should be back to the way the amendment was passed by the people. I am not a lawer but this looks like a reprive till the dec 16 meeting. Any lawyers want to explain. I heard the reason Corry was upset was because the dept of health can only call an emergency meeting for a immediate threat to the public's health. I will still be holding onto my renewal till after the dec meeting.

slappyjack

Your garden is legal when a patient lists you as a cg on the form, notarizes it and has proof of mailing to the registry.
You start providing wellness when they sign you up as a cg.
It does'nt mean you pay for anything, just manage, oversee or help them schedule something they need done. They would still have to pay for what they need you just help them make sure it gets done.

Weekly contact, visit to their home make sure they have utilities on, need a ride to store or Dr. Bring them a burger or snack. If somethings unsafe at their home, have a service guy do it patient pays.
Give a shit about your patients and don't just sell weed to them. Know your patient, be on the same wave link as them, something.

pp69

Thanks, that's the plan, but the problem is the 4 month period that my patients will need their medicine that I can't provide. Chances are they will simply go elsewhere, they've already paid for their card and will want to use it. I take it the second they visit a dispensary they are no longer my patient?

IMO that's the part of the law that needs to be clarified. I can't figure out how to make it work and still be 100% legal.

Marshmello

pikes peak 69

Sportster,
Our law does allow sales but I understand what your saying and using reimbursement is ok also.

Slappyjack,
Budgood is correct in that the only way you would not be their cg anymore is if the disp talked them into changing, making them the cg. You could always offer your patients to find meds for them through disp or other patients until yopurs is ready.
There's actually alot of leeway in our law but businesses were never intended and not written into the law. They were not excluded either and have sprouted up everywhere.

pp69

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE...
Sportster,
Our law does allow sales but I understand what your saying and using reimbursement is ok also..

pp69

Right on...Thanks for informing me, we found it in our plight at the time, to be a much "softer" and acceptable word, seems to have had the right effect so far!!!

Marshmello

Fucking disgrace that Our Country in general has became a game of semantics.
"Word Smithing" has become an actual profession and causes the debates on ANYTHING to be nothing but circle-jerks full of misinformation, disinformation and flat out, bold faced LIES.
I'd rather just argue with a dude and listen to his opinion instead of having to try and dissect while searching for content & meaning within the vocabulary he gleaned from a fucking readers digest or propaganda convention.
Not knocking you in any way Sportz & I'm sure you agree from what lil' I know ya.
If there was some way to remove the GREED & DECEIT
things would go a whole lot smoother with 20.
Can you give me a hand off of this soapbox?
Thanks. :joint:

slappyjack

I agree 100% Bro...but WTF is up with that Barak image super imposed on that nugg?

Wow, that's kind of cool. Great photoshop job! Reminds me of the old liquor ads with the naked lady images in the ice.

3001056253_03a273702b(1).jpg

Feijao

GoodBud I am pretty sure that I didn't get your PM about owning a dispensary as I would of had no problem answering it at all, maybe I did and spaced it. Either way I do not own a dispensary or have any other motives for my site other than creating a place where MMJ guys can get together and share ideas and other helpful information that will help all involved.

Also can you fill me in on why you think I might of owned a place in CO Springs?

If there are any other specific questions you have for me please let me know.

Thanks again guys,
Feijao

Latest posts

Latest posts