What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

catpiss "possible haze phenotype"? (HISTORY OF CATPISS)

Sunshineinabag

I'm sure you have had cat piss from a wide leaf type.

Terps are wide ranging, who is to say what cultivar brings
any particular profile to the mix.

Speaking of bubble:

View Image

Zamaldelica, from a couple years ago, not cat piss, but excellent bubble.

On a related note, You claim some here live in a bubble, I'm sure all of us
here insulate ourselves within a comfort zone, a bubble, if you will.

Consider your position with what you choose to exclude, then tell us you have no bubble.

We all in this together, no need to elevate yourself above us, seems self serving and petty.

Surly you can reflect on that and perhaps post something less parochial and more meaningful.

lol

im wondering if we should do a comp here where someone throws a pic of finished glands like this^^^^^ and we have to figure out how much flower he had to process for that amount. wonderful colors there........need a kidney?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I have come across cat piss herb in Africa

it was not Haze.

some people here live in a bubble

I wrongly assumed you saying it was not Haze meant it was a wide leaf type.

My bad.

I projected my miscomprehension of your parsed thoughts in my reply.

No

I was in Africa.

Your sureness that I was smoking wide leaf herb in Africa is the bubble im referring to.
maybe i should have said ignorant instead

sorry to see that you and your buddies are so sensitive and insecure about yourselves.

"Surly you can reflect on that and perhaps post something less parochial and more meaningful."

do you know what psychological projection is?

I presented information that added to the discussion of cat piss because it was missing a part of the picture.
you responded by crying and posting a pic that has no relation to cat piss

Great herb to be found in Africa, my pic of “bubble” made with an African
hybrid strain was posted as reference to your use of the term “bubble”
to add levity to the thread.

An attempt at wordplay, if you will, and barely relevant,
I’ll concede.

You mention an African cat piss cultivar that had no Haze.

What was it anyway, and is it commercially available.

Good thread.

W

Water-

No worries.
sorry for my poor comunication.
i think i misinterpreted what you wrote as well.

it was in the Transkei South Africa.
16 years ago.

it was a random heirloom or landrace.
so not available commercially unless you go there.

there is actually no way to know if what i was smoking had Haze in it or not.
Dutch backpackers are common there.

peace

'Boogieman'

Back when brick weed was still a thing where I live some of the strongest brick weed I ever smoked in my opinion had a strong ammonia piss smell. It was very strong weed that kinda put me in a retarded state of mind, that sounds worse than it actually was I just couldn't talk or really do anything right. I wish I kept the few seeds I found but this was awhile ago now. I never smoked the true road kill skunk though unfortunately.

WelderDan

Veteran
Ok, let me put this out there. Now I've already stated I have found catpiss phenos in SSH. SSH of course has haze in it.

I've also found catpiss phenos in Mex bagseed. Not talking about mexi brick that smells of ammonia due to the brick process that ferments and creates the ammonia smell, but decent Mex that had buds in it and smelled like weed.

Now Haze has Mex in it. And I'm thinking that the true catpiss phenos that pop up that I've encountered came from Haze or Mex. So... I'm thinking catpiss "genes" if you will are coming from the Mex part of the equation.

Just a possible theory, but probably worth considering.

G13Fan

I got to smoke that golden bud cat shit weed . I opened the bag and it punched me in the face. It was the second best weed i ever smoked . Amazing flavor and aroma, unreal delicious and un matchable a one time only lucky bowl I got to smoke around 2003 Columbus /Marysville Ohio area. I dream of that stuff people say," Eww catshit ! Why would you want that?" It only smells like it for a second then its delicious dank weed aroma lets you know it is not crap literally. I bet some of you have smoked this back in the day Please find this weed again.

frostqueen

For whatever it's worth, I have a Panamanian x Deep Chunk that absolutely reeks of cat piss. I call her 'jungle kitty.'

I'm not sure I really understand the point of trying to track down the genetic heritage of what basically amounts to a specific terpenoid profile. It definitely isn't a Haze-specific thing. I've had a half-dozen cat-pissy strains come out of my hybrid projects over the years, and Haze definitely wasn't present in all of them.

Breadwizard

I always thought that the catpiss terps were strong in Latin American weed. In SSH could the source be the skunk? Skunk is mostly Latin American derived, with Afghani in there too.

mexweed

Veteran
here is the man behind the real original catpiss, as he explains it sort of came about like chem/sour as far as a lucky random seed/accidental pollination, g13 snowbud and something called the queen

no haze whatsoever, no norcal whatsoever, it's san diego, he talks about how he never gave out the cut because he would only grow one strain for long periods of time and he knew he had something special and needed to stay relevant in the market, when someone tried to rob him for it he gave them a different plant

he says everyone that says they have catpiss on IG etc doesn't actually have the real thing, he has contacted them including Archive and confirmed it's all bunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfAmWkSLFj8

Tal

The strongest and best tasting weed I ever had was one that came from a bag seed back in 1980. A local family has held it all these years, but unfortunately it has losts most of its potency and taste over the years. It didn't reek of catpiss but if you brushed up against it, you would get a hint of catpiss odor. It was more of an indica looking plant. Short and bushy, with double serrated leaves.

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
very very interesting......i ran a cutting for years that i thought was cat piss but now im wondering......for me it was so amoniated, straight like your cat pissed on the carpet and you left it on a hot day. deff wasnt my cup of tea plus it was one of thoes ones where people either luv it or hate that smell and terp profile.

i was allways told it was a pheno of the "old ssh" before they started switching out moms..:tiphat:

if thats true it wouldnt suprise me all the crazy stuff pops out of thoes hills up north.....:artist:

Tal

here is the man behind the real original catpiss, as he explains it sort of came about like chem/sour as far as a lucky random seed/accidental pollination, g13 snowbud and something called the queen

no haze whatsoever, no norcal whatsoever, it's san diego, he talks about how he never gave out the cut because he would only grow one strain for long periods of time and he knew he had something special and needed to stay relevant in the market, when someone tried to rob him for it he gave them a different plant

he says everyone that says they have catpiss on IG etc doesn't actually have the real thing, he has contacted them including Archive and confirmed it's all bunk

I wonder where Rare Dankness got their Catpiss. In their crosses they call it San Diego Catpiss.

Cannavore

Veteran

Crazy how Dunn platforms these people. I remember when this aired and thought this guy is full of shit.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Yep. I'm not saying that he didn't have a strain called catpiss. But he definitely didn't have the only catpiss.
He's a nut though if he honestly thinks he the one and only cut in the world that smelled like catpiss.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Crazy how Dunn platforms these people. I remember when this aired and thought this guy is full of shit.

Dunn turned his show into a damn circus with all those clowns he spot lights. Adam needs to bring on people like Jim Ortega, NL Greg, ect... his show would have gotten extremely popular if he brought on The Legendary Nevil Schoenmakers , no doubt that would have been an epic show.

Latest posts

Latest posts