What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

catpiss "possible haze phenotype"? (HISTORY OF CATPISS)

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
So I've been running through threads curious of a strain I've once smoked back in 2012 not sure of the origins just only going based off of theory from what I've read on this platform so I read that people have found "catpiss" "ammonia" smelling phenotypes in both NEVILLE'S HAZE as well as SUPER SILVER HAZE I may have to do more research on whether both lines have "Original Haze" in their lineages but for now I am going based off of speculation i have been lucky enough to have acquired "ORIGINAL HAZE" seeds Filial 4 generation to be exact and have heard from my friend that he's found catpiss smelling phenotypes in these very seeds so isn't it possible that this CATPISS pheno is actually from ORIGINAL HAZE rather than watered down NEVILLE'S HAZE & SUPER SILVER HAZE???????? I am not stating this is fact and honestly won't be able to contribute any grows on this until I have finished the project's I have already set in motion and planned out now after these projects are done I do plan on running every seed and searching for this particular PHENOTYPE and will take as many pictures and have you all be the judge of whether there is true correlation to the ORIGINAL CATPISS as that particular run will result in true ORIGINAL HAZE outcrosses from Kyle Kushmans Strawberry Cough being hit by a male to Lime Kush (S•1) being hit and many other lines I will be toying with but the ultimate objective to this will be to see if my theory is correct by the majority of you all chiming in your opinions, experiences with the ORIGINAL CATPISS i know there is Nor Cal as well as So Cal CATPISS as well so if anyone has the cuts of either please do share on this thread and do give if you can credible history lessons on the line and when I do start those seeds I will then do my part of contributing i do hope as well to find a purple pheno if possible as I am a fan of "purple haze" but the catpiss pheno is what I'm after I know it's been forever since I've made any new threads on here but I wanted to make this thread as a way to hopefully make it easier for anyone looking into the history of CATPISS for all who contribute on this thread I want to say thank you in advance as this thread to be effective will need everyone who has experience with the cut as well as knows any reliable history about it to contribute said information

Blessed Be and One Love
-HemperorsKnight/EmperorTaima
(Aries) ♈

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I will try and find you a post from Nevil were he talks about the cat piss and how inbreeding haze hybrids cant remember if it was pure haze also produces cat piss.

HillBillyAlien

707 Seedbank has IBL of NorCal Catpiss. Its the best catpiss strain you will get in seed form.

A Message from 707 Seedbank:

catpiss is one of those few strains that smells just like the flower durring veg and the stem rub.

Its does well outdoors, finishes early oct. My catpiss is from the late 80s early 90s. Its not as strong as the herb of today. It test around 15-18%. Every seed will be 100% catpiss tho. Every seed will have that classic catpiss smell and taste.

Its a pure indica. Grows very short with giant leafs.

WelderDan

Veteran
I have seeds of a strain that came to me as "Catpiss Kush." I grew some out and did a find a catpiss smelling pheno, but the plant didn't have that Kush look or vibe to it. In fact, I suspected it to be SSH based on its appearance as well as the smell of its sisters. They had that incensey type smell. So I asked the person that provided me the seeds and he indicated it was indeed SSH that had been selectively bred toward the catpiss pheno. I didn't ask whose SSH it was, but I suspect it was MNS.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hope this helps.

If large numbers of the progeny smell like cat piss, it's very likely inbred and therefore not likely to be a good candidate. A 25% Haze hybrid from a different Haze line that has not been inbred to Haze would offer more hope.
Smoko time
N.

i was grow green honduras haze couple rounds,first pheno smell so bad you cant sniff that long after griding.start to feel puke :) but outbreath taste like rhubarb.

second pheno same but mutch more mild,its grows mutch more fluffy also

JetLife175

Veteran
Hope this helps.

If large numbers of the progeny smell like cat piss, it's very likely inbred and therefore not likely to be a good candidate. A 25% Haze hybrid from a different Haze line that has not been inbred to Haze would offer more hope.
Smoko time
N.

Regardless of who made this statement, I find it to be completely false. Catpiss terpenes don’t solely come from haze. That’s nev looking through a very small scope.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I'm so glad to see activity on this thread as I want this to be properly debated for those in the future looking for history pertaining to this CATPISS line when I had depended on a black market dealer i had gotten this half ounce of what the idiot called Green Crack it wasn't that fire mango smelling and tasting GC we all know I had gotten like 10 or so hits of LSD and took it all that night woke up the next morning after enjoying the mind expanding experience to smelling that ammonia PISS smell i was like WTF literally thought I pissed myself I checked myself but sure enough it wasn't the case as the whole room smelt of PISS now I wonder if that too had been a CATPISS or at least a urine smelling pheno of whatever not sure if it truly applies to the topic but it's just a memory I have that makes me think about it being a possibility maybe many lines express that profile it would be nice to see if anyone could contribute and further information about non haze strains/cultivars that do carry that in their profiles

Thank you all for seriously giving this thread life it means a lot to know that many are passionate enough to contribute

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Regardless of who made this statement, I find it to be completely false. Catpiss terpenes don’t solely come from haze. That’s nev looking through a very small scope.

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about, Nevil never said Catpiss came only from Haze. In that statement he was talking about cat piss smelling haze are more then likely no good and out crossing it to a Haze hybrid would make for a better haze.

Last edited:

Ganja 13

From memory Nevil said the catpiss smell came from the Haze/Skunk father of SSH. But I agree with posters saying it can be found in lots of genetics

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

Hi Jetlife that was from Nevil but i was answer the threads author and the question he put.

So I've been running through threads curious of a strain I've once smoked back in 2012 not sure of the origins just only going based off of theory from what I've read on this platform so I read that people have found "catpiss" "ammonia" smelling phenotypes in both NEVILLE'S HAZE as well as SUPER SILVER HAZE I may have to do more research on whether both lines have "Original Haze" in their lineages but for now I am going based off of speculation i have been lucky enough to have acquired "ORIGINAL HAZE" seeds Filial 4 generation to be exact and have heard from my friend that he's found catpiss smelling phenotypes in these very seeds so isn't it possible that this CATPISS pheno is actually from ORIGINAL HAZE rather than watered down NEVILLE'S HAZE & SUPER SILVER HAZE???????? I am not stating this is fact and honestly won't be able to contribute any grows on this until I have finished the project's I have already set in motion and planned out now after these projects are done I do plan on running every seed and searching for this particular PHENOTYPE and will take as many pictures and have you all be the judge of whether there is true correlation to the ORIGINAL CATPISS as that particular run will result in true ORIGINAL HAZE outcrosses from Kyle Kushmans Strawberry Cough being hit by a male to Lime Kush (S•1) being hit and many other lines I will be toying with but the ultimate objective to this will be to see if my theory is correct by the majority of you all chiming in your opinions, experiences with the ORIGINAL CATPISS i know there is Nor Cal as well as So Cal CATPISS as well so if anyone has the cuts of either please do share on this thread and do give if you can credible history lessons on the line and when I do start those seeds I will then do my part of contributing i do hope as well to find a purple pheno if possible as I am a fan of "purple haze" but the catpiss pheno is what I'm after I know it's been forever since I've made any new threads on here but I wanted to make this thread as a way to hopefully make it easier for anyone looking into the history of CATPISS for all who contribute on this thread I want to say thank you in advance as this thread to be effective will need everyone who has experience with the cut as well as knows any reliable history about it to contribute said information

Blessed Be and One Love
-HemperorsKnight/EmperorTaima
(Aries) ♈

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
My question is why would anyone want this? I have had it in the past, it wasn't ideal.

I know some people may find it unappealing and from another's perspective like your own to not find it ideal many others like me have interest in experiencing to cultivate something like the original just for experience sake and if possible maybe it could hold some potential for people with particular illnesses as different profiles seem to have benefits but to each their own I do respect your opinion as you're most entitled to it but preference is definitely key to liking or loving a cultivar

Mind sharing your experience even if it be more on the negative side? I really don't mind as having all sides expressed is important blessed be 🙏😁

Ganja 13

Original post by Nevil

JH, SSH, Diesel and Sage were IMO all the same cutting, the ones that won the Cups. Seeds produced from these plants are often sold under the same name. I can tell you that you wouldn't want the batch that the NL5HzC x SkHzC came from. It was a "one off" in a batch full of skinny cat piss. Even 5CskC1 (new abbreviation) had a Diesel/Piss smell, and if it wasn't so quick and resinous (thank God for NL5) and so god awful strong, it wouldn't have been looked at. (I hope I'm not hurting anyone's feelings here)
In a draw full of NH and NL5C1 and NL5C122, it wouldn't get smoked at all. There are ways to improve it and experimental batches were made.
I'm trying to tell you that you are talking to Rip van Winkle, waking up after an unpleasant dream. Don't ask me what happened while I was asleep, do you want me to make shit up? I can tell about what I did prior to 2005.

Cvh

Supermod
I have once encountered the cat piss smell. It's was in some kind of S1 Jack Herer seeds.
I also found some carrot smelling plants in that strain.

NEED 4 SEED

I'm so glad to see activity on this thread as I want this to be properly debated for those in the future looking for history pertaining to this CATPISS line when I had depended on a black market dealer i had gotten this half ounce of what the idiot called Green Crack it wasn't that fire mango smelling and tasting GC we all know I had gotten like 10 or so hits of LSD and took it all that night woke up the next morning after enjoying the mind expanding experience to smelling that ammonia PISS smell i was like WTF literally thought I pissed myself I checked myself but sure enough it wasn't the case as the whole room smelt of PISS now I wonder if that too had been a CATPISS or at least a urine smelling pheno of whatever not sure if it truly applies to the topic but it's just a memory I have that makes me think about it being a possibility maybe many lines express that profile it would be nice to see if anyone could contribute and further information about non haze strains/cultivars that do carry that in their profiles

Thank you all for seriously giving this thread life it means a lot to know that many are passionate enough to contribute

Would you please use punctuation marks? I like your stories but my brain hurts from reading it all in one clump...

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Would you please use punctuation marks? I like your stories but my brain hurts from reading it all in one clump...

This is a thread i started if you have nothing to contribute move on.... This is about CATPISS i asked for contributions or experiences not for someones nazi response about punctuations... I barely sleep due to violent nightmares my brain doesn't always work so unless you have something to contribute then go to another thread ����

Do not go off topic.... That is a waste of post space