What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Categorizing Cannabis Strains According to Benefits

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
MSG,

Didn't know you were a bad girl :)
I wasn't offended at all about your post. I always look at the silver lining! That is exactly why this thread is here..trying to make the process as easy as possible, because I know that I hate having to roam all over ICmag looking for the right info. I especially don't like using the Search function. Anyway, keep up the good work. I need all the help I can get.

Kali Mist and Trainwreck under insomnia? =S Should really be under the Antidepressant list.
Blue Dream should be added to the Antidepressant list.

for sleep..... M-39 from Quebec. It knocks you out, one joint and i can barely stay awake. only if you have some good 39 tho. not some crap.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Thanks LMG!! Really appreciate it. I should also do some searching around for this, but I was thinking this thread should be a group effort.

it's always fun to have others add in their opinions, especially since i'm sure you haven't smoked every strain out there lol. so for a thread like this it really should be a group effort. :)

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
GDP (Granddaddy purple) is great for insomnia and pain relief (general).

Croissant

I would say that yumboldt is good for deep relaxation, anti-stress, anti-depressant, insomnia, pain relief, anti-anxiety, and leaves one in a state of profound contentedness and enough mental clarity to maintain a functional high

B

Born420

Menage works for me. I have epilepsy and with a steady stream of Menage , about .75 grams per day, I can remanin seizure free. Have been learning about growing and will try my first grow of Menage in the next week. I have done a lot of research and study on epilepsy and the medicinal effects of cannabis as it pertains to epilepsy. What I am trying to say is that i know more about epilepsy than I know about growing, breding etc. That said, it is the CBD that works wonders for epilepsy or any other form of spacticity. It acts as a sort of grease or primer on the neuro receptors and transmitters, ensuring no covulsions triggered from mis-firing recptors or transmitters. It is much like the way albuterol sulf works on the alvioli in the lungs of someone with asthma. It prevents spasms in the alvioli. CBD can be said to prevent spasms of sorts in the brain. Now, it is not just the CBD as most of us know, the THC and CBD work in concert with one another for the effects you feel. However, from everything I have ever read it seems that the CBD is truly the compound with anti convulsant qualitites. That being said, it would not work without THC. So their you have it.

I suffer from asthma, enduring a couple terrible asthma attacks when I was very young. It's a dreadful feeling not to be able to breathe. The few times that I have smoked tobacco, it has given me that same tight feeling in my lungs as well as a similarly overwhelming feeling of nausea in my head and stomach.

I find that most well-grown and cured marijuana helps incredibly with my asthma and breathing; for the record, I smoke with a glass pipe and although I do cough frequently, I rarely cough after or while smoking. After taking a couple deep lungfuls of smoke, I find that I breathe deeper, more regularly and in a more relaxed manner. These benefits are noticeable when I exercise as well and also help with a congested chest before bed.

The quality of smoke varies incredibly between buds, some can be a very harsh smoke but it all burns at the same temperature - HOT! NEVER inhale hot air directly, and never drink steaming coffee. It's HOT, for cryin' out loud! I'd like to think that most experienced smokers have learned to use a pipe with a chamber, or a way of breathing the smoke into the mouth to cool before inhaling, but there are many people who cough after every puff. However, a big enough toke from a smokeless vaporizer will still trigger the cough reflex in people because of the amount of cannabinoids being absorbed into the bloodstream. This is responsible for a great deal of coughing when smoking marijuana among experienced smokers who no longer burn their lungs with hot air.

For people with respiratory problems, stay away from joints, papers, aluminum foil, and small pipes. A pipe or bong with a chamber, with or without water, to let the smoke cool before inhaling will prevent the unnecessary discomfort of burning your lungs with hot air. In moderation, cool marijuana smoke rarely irritates the lungs, nose and throat.

To find a good strain, follow the rule of buying produce at the store: what looks and smells good usually tastes good. I recommend that people avoid anything brown, dry shake and stale smelling weed. You can usually find these from people with dour, insincere, unsocial personalities. Avoid it like the plague and shame the swill merchants into having some standards and some dignity. Look for the freshest, fluffiest, unpacked buds. You can usually find these from kind, loyal, respectful people. Find a smoke that you enjoy and one that makes you feel better. In this way, you can find a suitable variety to treat any illness.

houndog

A guest put in a post that lists strains associated with pain/disease and there is a strain called Sweet Blu that is good for some conditions that I have. Is that Sweet Blu the same as Sweet Blue By Spice of life?

H

hulkbogan

Bubba Kush/ most other afghanis are great for insomnia.
DSC_0137.jpg