What's new

Casey Jones Grow Along

johnny butt

Thanks for stopping by etinarcadiaego, glad you enjoy the pics!

Good info mad.dapper

It's looking more and more like I may have to keep more than one of these CJ girls as mamas :dance013:

I'd be very, very happy with one ECSD pheno and one OE pheno, but its all coming down to the smoke. I can't wait, but I will let them finish properly :tiphat:

Thanks for checking out the CJ, even you lurkers :moon:

JB

F

FIREofKALI

T

It's looking more and more like I may have to keep more than one of these CJ girls as mamas :dance013:

hehe this just happens with cj when youre growing it Johny:tiphat:...hard to choose just one keeper...but after smokin nd good curin youll find real winner..it needs some time...my favourite is cj 8....

with that influence of tw or ECSD is always hard to say...cause these genetics are mixed up there in every pheno..theres always piece of trainwreck, piece of thai and sd....its just casey and casey is relative to these genetics but still different from them....it can look like diesel but have terpenes similar to tw...

i forgot to say: beautiful cjs! great job! WOW!:jump:

cheers:wave:

Mountain High

Veteran
"the sleeper"... just started to catch my eye and might be my favorite now. now all 3 phenos have been my favorite at some point throughout the grow. lol.

Mountain High

johnny butt

Your shots just keep getting better MH. I know exactly what you mean, when you say they've all been your favorite at some point!

Haven't found a bad pheno in the whole 14 pack!

That's some beautiful autumn coloring there, great work.

johnny butt

It's getting close some I'm getting excited. Hopefully you can excuse my excess of pics, but these ladies are pretty :tiphat:

Here are shots at day 63.

picture.php

picture.php

CJ 1
picture.php

picture.php

CJ 2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CJ 3
picture.php

CJ 4
picture.php

picture.php

Found a nanner. Think it's sterile..
picture.php

CJ 5
picture.php

CJ 8
picture.php

picture.php

JB

johnny butt

These girls stink. I've got 3 layers of protection on the room and smells are still seeping out. Don't mess around with this stuff :tiphat:

Just the last week, the odor has become noticeably more overpowering!

I'm running a new 6" can fan with a new can 33 filter...
Vaportek Optimum 4000 with a new cartridge...
A big tub full of pine-sol/water, being bubbled...

... and the girls still refuse to not stink

:jump:

johnny butt

I've taken down a sample nug from CJ 4. She looks to be one of the quicker finishers and had a bud that got bent over the screen, so I went ahead and removed it for a little sample and to check the trichs...

Some things I took note of...

- Trich coloration: We're sitting between 1-5% amber with a 40-60 mix of clear-cloudy. I will be taking her down at the 70 day mark.
- Calyx to leaf ratio is off the charts. It took almost no time to trim up the little bud and the trich coverage is great too
- Smell is a sweet fuel smell. Kinda like a tropical punch spill right outside the gas station :tiphat:

I even got a finished CJ bean out of it :jump:

I'll take a pic after my camera finishes charging

JB

Dr. D

Veteran
Excellent work Johnny, absolutely spot on..
The problem with Casey isnt finding a keeper, its deciding which one you're going to keep!! What sort of aromas are you getting?

johnny butt

One of the buds from CJ 4, cut at 65 days. Approx. 2% amber trichs

(I cheat on the first 3 with the flash)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

(Flash-less :jump:)
picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for stopping by Dr. D!!!

I can give a slight description of the smells from this one, CJ 4, which is in my last post. All the rest of the smells mix up in the room, and on top of an optimum 4000 and pine-sol bubbling, its hard to get a smell of the girls. But details will be coming out once they all get chopped :moon:

Some really stink like gasoline, others are a piney/sweet, and others are a mixture. I need a sniffer like a bloodhound so I can pinpoint all the different terpenes that are hitting my nose, cause it's an overload.

JB

Mountain High

Veteran
- Smell is a sweet fuel smell. Kinda like a tropical punch spill right outside the gas station :tiphat:

I know this smell, I couldn't pinpoint it as well as you. You would never think " a tropical punch spill right outside the gas station" would smell sooo good, but it does and I'm sure you are having a hard time being patient with this girl and letting her finish all the way, because I know I am!!!

How was the sample nugs?

johnny butt

Hey there MH

I haven't smoked the sample nug yet, still waiting on the dry. I find waiting a few days is much better than a half-assed quick dry that ruins the flavor and taste.

With the air dry, I just have to put aside the chlorophyll taste and I can get some sort of idea how she will be after the cure.

There will be smoke reports for all these girls though, so no worries :tiphat: It will come down to a fat session with some of my close buds around thanksgiving, that way they will be nice and dry with 2 weeks cure.

johnny butt

Two of the girls have hit the dry racks...

:jump:

CJ 3 which has really come to surprise me. Her buds bulked up nicely, but she started popping 3 or 4 nanners on her main bud closest to the light, so it was time to pull. Managed mostly cloudy, with an amber trich here or there. Smells like sweet fuel, and fits the tropical punch, gas station bill. Took her down at 69 days
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CJ 4, the trich covered, light, round buds. She didn't ever end up putting on much weight, but she has these huge round calyx's that look like they will be a real joy to smoke. The smell on her is more of a skunky fuel, but it stung my nostrils when I pulled her out of the room. Also down at day 69
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a couple shot...
picture.php

picture.php

As far as my keeper goes, she needs to be able to smell up a warehouse, be trich covered, have a soaring high, and be able to yield decently.

I'm very pleasantly surprised with CJ 3, and she has the potential to do some damage :dance013:

JB

johnny butt

The CJ are dry and in the jars...

Smoke reports will commence over the next couple weeks.

I can tell you the real stinky ones are: CJ 4, CJ 5, and CJ 7. These things burn my nose and eyes as I trim with the fuel diesel smell. 5 is real interesting and is a bit more of the sweet/fuel smell. All lovely ladies...

CJ 1 - Out of the keeper race. She went a bit bananas with bananas at the end of flower...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CJ 2 - Out of the keeper race. Not too much smell, and almost identical to CJ 8 in every way.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CJ 3 - Hanging in there. Nice nugs, pretty powerful smell. One of the denser girls.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CJ 4 - A stinker . Small and resin covered with a crazy calyx/leaf. May be one of the ones...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CJ 5 - Denser nugs and a stinker. Some darker coloring with the cold temps at the end of flower. Defintely getting another run!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

johnny butt

CJ 6 - Out of the race.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CJ 7 - Another stinker. A bit more leafy. Weaker yield.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CJ 8 - Not too stinky. Very sativa looking, large and lanky. Very nice lady.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CJ 9 - Pretty good smell, and trich coverage. She wasn't in the biggest pot and was pretty abused. I think I will keep her for another run to test her potential.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I have lots of seeds too :dance013: