What's new

Carolina Reapers

Great job pepper man. Those choc primos look blistering! Damn, time to order another box of peppers...

Appreciate that! All my Pepper's took their sweet time ripening but man o man I've got them by the pound now. Love those chocolate primotali man great burn and good earthy taste. Definitely going to be doing some crosses with those

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Just got my box of pods from Nick at HellGarden Chilis. An absolutely beautiful box of peppers but damn are they hot hot hot!!! Dodging cramps for the next week...:bashhead:

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Appreciate that! All my Pepper's took their sweet time ripening but man o man I've got them by the pound now. Love those chocolate primotali man great burn and good earthy taste. Definitely going to be doing some crosses with those

Any recommendations for a shorter season superhot? I've found yellow reapers are 90+ days. Probably closer to 120 in my area I'm willing to bet..Not much quicker, and most seed sellers don't list a number anyway...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i'm convinced that whether u start seeds in feb/march to put em outside in may, or u do what i do and bring my pepper plants inside and overwinter them in my greenhouse room, they do not start producing till mid/end july, and u only start to pick ripe peppers in the middle of aug... ie 90/100 days after being put outside... my reapers only started to turn color 15/20days ago, which were overwintered - they turned about the same time as my plants from seeds, cayenne's/jalapenos/lemon hots ... etc also started to turn...

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I don't trust mother nature enough to put anything outside till June. Oh well. Short season varieties only. Plenty of places to buy superhots I guess. I just harvested my first orange habanero's this week. The scorpion plants barely have peppers just beginning.
Plenty of pods left from my box...

Brain strain, 7 pot primo, and one choc primotali. 7 pot primo is forever a part of my collection.
IMG_20210914_192355810.jpg
IMG_20210914_192347055.jpg
IMG_20210914_192338683.jpg

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Just watched a video of Johnny Scoville eat 30, 7 pot primo's in just a few minutes. I can't imagine what that does to a stomach:eek:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Just watched a video of Johnny Scoville eat 30, 7 pot primo's in just a few minutes. I can't imagine what that does to a stomach:eek:

i just watched it... holy shit..... when we go out to dinner, i will bring '1' reaper, i'll cut the stinger, eat that, and then a sliver... and i mean a sliver, of it... and usually that is it- the balance of the pepper is trashed.... people say it has a fruity taste... all i ever taste is fire -

H.Marks

I have a few growing, just starting to fruit so a bit late, we have had a lousey summer here and I seeded in mid April. Like my weed its my first time.

Peppers are perenial so in October I will prune and keep in garage over winter away from frost and get them out early next year for a nice crop hopefully.

First picture is a 5 year old CR tree lol.

HJaKhG8OecPPbkKEPw3ZCwtB7zy5tTzGky9hSm48WVM.jpg

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
nice tree... i tooo have '3' reapers i over winter in my greenhouse room - but what i have noticed is that they don't fruit much earlier then a reaper seed i plant in mid feb , to be put outdoors in mid may - i had a few reapers that turned red in mid aug, but the majority of em i picked at the end of aug/early sept - i got a shitload of em which i give away - now have a shit load of green ones, that usually will turn red in a few weeks, but not rippening in that hot/hot aug weather will make them a bit tammer ,,,, still un-eatable to my taste buds , but the temp is a bit tempered...

Latest posts

Latest posts