What's new

Carolina Blue x Digital Berry Bx1

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
she's beautiful DF..nice attention to detail on the stripping/color of the seeds..excellent work sir and the thread was a good read..G

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Well, I mean, in REALITY...lol. This round is going to smoke like Carolina Blue...if there is even and unseeded caylx to sample...lol. She's pretty chuck full o' seed.

I KNOW that seeds tell you NOTHING. BUT...for the sake of making a prediction, because I like to do it and like to come back later and re-read where my mind was at and what I was thinking I was pursuing...lol. But, so far all the offspring seed have resembled a very intricate fine crazy all over deep black viens like lines in the seeds. This is the case across the Digital Berry IX to the "UF" pheno and also all others. The "UF" IX yielded even finer black lines on the seed casings...

So, that being said, the Carolina Blue seeds are different. They are light gold...almost the color and effect of tiger's eye...look kinda iridescent. But the stripes are very big and thick and jagged like a torn t-shirt might be. Nothing at all like the rest of the seeds. I WONDER if this is telling me Carolina Blue is going to be dominant in this initial outcross. I am hoping, yes. Time will tell.

FWIW...just looked in the seed vault and the Carolina BlueTooth and Carolina Chem IBL are sporting this large stripped pattern. It's gotta be Carolina's fault..

dank.Frank

Remember, the male inputs 0 to the seed casing, that's 100% the mom's territory, what's inside is another matter entirely :D

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ixnay007 - I'm not sure I follow what you are saying..

Are you saying genetically, in the formation process, only information from the mother is used to make the seed casings? If so, where did you come across this info?

I've just always looked at the seed stripes for kicks...never really assumed it meant anything, ultimately.

dank.Frank

M

mugenbao

Are you saying genetically, in the formation process, only information from the mother is used to make the seed casings? If so, where did you come across this info?
I believe that Chimera also recently said something to this effect in the "Collection and Research" thread, though Search is not being any help at all in finding the actual reference, so I can't verify that at the moment.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
20 Carolina Blue x Digital Berry Bx1 packs sent out to a Sbay near you!!!

Most contain 10 seeds, while some contain 11 for whatever reason I deemed it proper...

dank.Frank

antheis

Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dank.frank again.

this made my day, stoked to get a pack of these!

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
Yo DANK you sure that DBB you gave me is a 55 day strain??? by the size of it compared to yours its no where close and it would be id be flushing in a week.. it looks like it will go 70ish in my book... Im on day 37 right now and that means it would be flushing in like 4 days and cutting in 17... i cant see this plant finishing in 17 in the state its in right now.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nugs fatten very slightly starting around 5.5 weeks through chop. I'd not run her past 60..
I only had one run "yield". Usually around 18-22 per gal... diminishing above 3 gal. The gold is in this hybrid here...

dank.Frank

Last edited:

ixnay007

Veteran
Ixnay007 - I'm not sure I follow what you are saying..

I've just always looked at the seed stripes for kicks...never really assumed it meant anything, ultimately.

dank.Frank

Chimera :)

If you think about it, the production of the seeds is entirely done by the female plant, the coating is protection and nothing else, it'd be like saying the placenta has a bit of the father in it..

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know, I was thinking of the same comparison before you even posted it....and it is in part what made me stop and think, huh...that makes sense.

Truly something I did not know. Awesome! Really, thank you for sharing that. Guess I was right about those other Carolina Blue outcross seeds looking VERY similar....LMAO! ;) I had no clue how very right I was...hehehe.

dank.Frank

ixnay007

Veteran
That's the great thing about knowledge, it's free to share and both the giver and recipient gain :D

M

mugenbao

Remember, the male inputs 0 to the seed casing, that's 100% the mom's territory, what's inside is another matter entirely
biggrin.gif
I don't pretend to have a good understanding of genetics, especially as relates to cannabis specifically, but this makes me wonder why any seeds I've made using a SWT or Blue Satellite 2.2 father has tiger stripes like the SWT, whereas an F2 of the mother does not. For example, I hit some Sadhu ladies with BS2.2 pollen and the seeds were striped like the seeds that made the father (which were BS2.2 x BS2.2 by the way, the breeder pack seeds were not striped) rather than being more solidly-colored like the seeds that made the Sadhu mother. The same thing happened when I pollinated bubblegum or bagseed.

I'd love to read some source material about the subject if anyone has any links they could provide.

ixnay007

Veteran
I don't pretend to have a good understanding of genetics, especially as relates to cannabis specifically, but this makes me wonder why any seeds I've made using a SWT or Blue Satellite 2.2 father has tiger stripes like the SWT, whereas an F2 of the mother does not. For example, I hit some Sadhu ladies with BS2.2 pollen and the seeds were striped like the seeds that made the father (which were BS2.2 x BS2.2 by the way, the breeder pack seeds were not striped) rather than being more solidly-colored like the seeds that made the Sadhu mother. The same thing happened when I pollinated bubblegum or bagseed.

I'd love to read some source material about the subject if anyone has any links they could provide.

Good questions, you're probably seeing something from the multiple parent lines, the seed examples referenced here (SPG and CB) are both clone only, so they're going to consistently produce seeds that look very similar, where as the others probably won't unless they're a true IBL line.

I'd imagine there's a lot more to it than that, but I'll leave explanations of alleles and genetics to people who actually understand them, I'm only dabbling my toes :)

Probably something that Chimera would be able to explain, if he has the time..

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah, I only hope to be doing something right...ahahahaha!!!

I'm pretty worried in general about folks screwing it up for future generations. I really believe if you are going to SHARE openly via a venue like the Server Fund where many folks looking for quality and affordability in one package flock...you should truly give these folks the best of what you can. I don't mean any offense to anyone or to state this isn't happening currently, only stating I think this is how it should be.

You'll see how much faith I have in these beans VERY soon!!!

I SHOULD also note...there were also 15 freebie packs sent in containing 5 seeds each, to be given out with SeedBou orders. Don't want to leave anyone out! ;)

:thank you: everyone!!!

dank.Frank