What's new

Carolina Blue x Digital Berry Bx1

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread will provide a detailed history of both parents as well as document what is hoped to bring a truly special and unique genetic expression, Carolina Blue, to a consistent and stable seed form....if nothing else, the hope is a simple F1 that will result in blueberry expressions of the dankest order.

This thread will be updated as necessary to catalogue this process...

Please, no requests for seeds, we all know the rules; I am rather fond of my handle, and would prefer to keep it...

That being stated, once personally tested and all those historically involved over the years approve, things will find their way to the Bay for all to enjoy. Frankly, I want my donor tag!!! ;)

Stay tuned...good things to come!

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Carolina Blue was found and named by Phillthy in a single pack of seeds made by Arawn. Arawn, being the generous sort had donated his creation, Blue Sat 2.2 x Grape Krush to Seedboo to be given away as freebies. The Carolina was a sport pheno and is expected rare. The remaining seeds Arawn donated and others presumably received have to date not surfaced. This cut was found in the fall of 2009 and her gentic heritage make her an excellent modern blueberry. The main thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=140466&highlight=Carolina+blue

Digital Berry Bx1 is the first generation backcross of a 21 year old Blueberry clone called Digital Berry. The legend of the seed line here is HONESTLY, the Bluebubble male. This male happened to be Digital Berry x Sour Bubble Bx2. It was matter of what was in the flower room, as I understand it, that the Bx1 exists. This makes the line we are working with Digital Berry x (Digital Berry x Sour Bubble Bx2) and many of the traits of the Digital Berry mom have been locked in and trapped in various combinations. The male saved, contains the most known Digital Berry expressions all in one plant I have seen throughout the Bx1 line currently.

Chili_Berkster used the original Bluebubble male to pollinate many things...all of which were superior to their respective parents. Other members of this site did have or maybe still do have some of those amazing gems. Chili_B did an amazing job with that male. I'm just fortunate to have the opportunity to sort through these amazing genetics. I was given the go ahead a long time ago to continue to share these genetics, as I've been sorting as much as possible since '09. The reason I am as excited about the male I hold, is the Bx line was based on a truly historic male and could potentially posses something of equal quality.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=75810&highlight=Bluebubble

So at this time I would like to put in a serious thank you to all the different community members who have had a hand in these different seeds and plants. In my opinion, that is what makes ICmag so amazing. The ability to take the best of the best that we have as a community produced...and bring that together again to try and make something even better for the community once again. All these people have lived life with a "pay it forward" mentality and it is only with that nature that this project moves forward. If not for their dedicated work and love of the hobby...this aspect of my enjoyment would not be possible.

:respect:

Overgrow the planet....WITH DANK!

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
4 x 4 foot print, 1k HPS, dedicated intake and filtered exhaust with 6" inlines, 45 pint dehumid with drip hose attached and exiting room

Temperature: 68°F - 79°F
Relative Humidity: 36% - 43%

Using 1 and 3 gallon bags for flower. No veg post transplant, from either 16oz cups or 1/2g pots respectively.

Being grown in a simple water only organic medium:

1 - 3.8 cu. ft compressed bale Pro-mix Bx
1 - 1.5 cu. ft bag Fox Farm Ocean Forest
1 - 1.5 cu. ft bag Just Right Xtra (General Hydroponics)

3 gallons EWC
2 cups blood meal
2 cups bone meal
2 cups kelp meal
2 cups dolomite limestone
1 cup Seabird Guano

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
**reserved for week one pics**

Yes, they are both already in flower!!! :jump:

dank.Frank

nvthis

Oh sweet! Hope this works Frank... I need some crazy dank BB in my life! Hell yeah! You know how it is.. The dude with the best BB gets all the chicks!!

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:joint:

picture.php

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh, hell yeah Frank! The Carolina and the BlueberryxBlueBubble are both great smokes. Can't imagine the gooey sweetness coming from those beaners. Respect!:)

M

mugenbao

Wow, now this promises to be an interesting journey :D

Can't wait to see how this project turns out!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dusted Carolina with pollen this morning. By dusted, I mean took the Digital Berry Bx1 male (whose first pollen fell at 14 days into flower) held him horizontally above Carolia Blue and tapped his stem lightly, making it snow yellow! This will be repeated in 10 days...and camera malfunctions.. Sorry. Get that fixed soon! We should be seeing proof the pollen took in 48 hours...and seeds in 7weeks!

Really glad for the familiar faces and hello to the new ones. Welcome! Those familiar know of my affection for the Carolina Blue clone...this really has me excited. Especially as the weeks progress. She has amazing anti-anxiety / stress relief properties and this is also very prevelant in the effects of the Digital Berry Bx1 females that expressed more of the digi moms traits.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ :laughing: Never.

Fwiw, the 14 day pollen was tested on a couple budsites of a Digital Berry Bx1 female, just to check viabilty..while the hairs haven't browned, I clearly see seeds forming a week later. All systems go!

dank.Frank

nachilloo

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tiphat: hello dank.frank and all, really interested in how this develop, hope this cross carrys the desired BB traits you are looking for :dance013::dance013:
best vibes
n

G

guest121295

C'mon Frank, at least put up a nice pic of the Carolina Blue.From my end it looks like a cool specimen!I'm a selection whore too, I'm always on top of the stuff others find, from all the great testers around here the variety is endless, still we all have our best personal cuts.:tiphat:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol...I will get pics tonight... ;)

Pollen has set in on the upper colas and seeds are forming in 4 days. Good sign! Going to still get her again in a few. Make sure there are plenty!

The goal here really is preservation of high and terepene profile(1), shorter flower time(+), higher resin (if even possible!) And INCREASE SIDE BRANCHING(2)!!

The side branching would be awesome...just need to learn what this male is prepotent for...and work in what gene traits we can! As stated, Carolina breeds a mostly self dominant population in previous outcrosses...tending to be prepotent for her single cola growth structure and our goal...unique, superior quality resins! I'm equally amped!

The F1 population should contain all those benefits...if so, he is the stud I've been seeking for 3 years. Never hurts to have a BB male that breeds true for multiple beneficial traits!

DJ's recent postings say if you work his lines and want him to take notice, then "...bring me a nug, or better yet some hash..." I have attended DJ's class once before in wallflower fashion, but with THAT having been said...I'm making a grab bag of nugs / hash for DJ....we'll get the man himself to tell us if we preserved that classic, blueberry high!

dank.Frank

F

Fluffy Clouds

DJ's recent postings say if you work his lines and want him to take notice, then "...bring me a nug, or better yet some hash..." I have attended DJ's class once before in wallflower fashion, but with THAT having been said...I'm making a grab bag of nugs / hash for DJ....we'll get the man himself to tell us if we preserved that classic, blueberry high!

dank.Frank

it sounds like great idea! im curious what hell say..

keep it up!:dance013: