What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Car With police scanner inside with normal plates?

not without a warrant, and with that, they would have busted in already

i imagine somebody snitched, and they are checking up on it, if it was a cop

also in fl, almost all the cops have normal plates, im not sure how you would be able to tell from the plates if its a cop or not.
how new was the crown vic?
what is my biggest concern, if it was cops, why would he be there, in that car, watching you guys when you are outside seeing him watch you. i assume he would not want to be seen, and the vehicle options are there. why would he risk being spotted? growers are pretty paranoid, and not many wouldnt clean house after seeing that.

blownupboy

the elegant art of subterfuge

the elegant art of subterfuge

i have a 32" x 32" by 65" grow tent in my bedroom. my room is only about 10' x 12', so it takes up a fair deal of space. i thought this big black box looked a little out of place in my bedroom so i put a big white label on the grow tent that says in big letters: "OXYGEN GENERATOR". i also grabbed one of those hazardous gasses triangle warning signs from my work.

if someone wants to get in my grow tent they're going to have to get past those scary signs. and also the zipper, i guess...

BUB

T

TurboDog

lol, you should put a warning sign saying disease study- enter with hazmat suit

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
ive seen FBI/DEA in audi's with the lights on visors, all blacked out.(in cali)

ive seen florida PD in about any vehicle with wheels.

my thought was that maybe it was someone related to all these gangs that go around and try to hop onto people's wireless internet and steal their information.

also, that if it is leo, they will often drive whatever they seized from people they busted.

or that it could be a private investigator.

the first situation would be bad if the guy's wireless isn't protected and his internet usage reveals that he's into pot/growing b/c then the guy or his gang could come back and rob him.

the second situation would be bad IF the leo isn't just simply there b/c of someone else in the neighborhood. hard to say without knowing more details. the thing with the box is sketchy, but not really that sketchy.

the third situation probably wouldn't have anything to do with growing unless your friend is going through a divorce or his wife suspects he is having an affair. then the pi might figure out that he's growing and report him. who is to say?

anyway you slice it, though, it's time to shut down or at least move the grow.

jd4083

Veteran
i have a 32" x 32" by 65" grow tent in my bedroom. my room is only about 10' x 12', so it takes up a fair deal of space. i thought this big black box looked a little out of place in my bedroom so i put a big white label on the grow tent that says in big letters: "OXYGEN GENERATOR". i also grabbed one of those hazardous gasses triangle warning signs from my work.

if someone wants to get in my grow tent they're going to have to get past those scary signs. and also the zipper, i guess...

BUB

:laughing::laughing: nobody'll ever guess!

B

BrnCow

It has been posted here many times that growing in a fucking apartment is not a good idea. Now you can see a few reasons (of the hundreds) why! Stop, regroup, move, wait awhile, try it again. As long as marked cars are rolling by things are likely okay! But when the unmarked start cruising, time is real short. Better catch your snap and get clean. Lots of nerds in jail looking out. Better to be wrong and safe than wrong and arrested! And the wife will kick both of your asses if you get her busted. Might even snitch you all out! Nothing new in the drug world. Cops been working women for ages...cause it works!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I had a scanner in my old car, but then I got a new phone and use an app called Scannerradio, works great and no extra gear in the car (or external antennas.) If acting on a tip, cops will keep an eye on a place for a couple weeks. if they don't find anything by then they usually let it go, not worth watching a place for a year on the off chance they will see anything.

Latest posts

Latest posts