What's new

Capo's First Coco Run/Nirvana Afghani*/Mazar-I-Sharif**

jamrockjay

Gr8 thread Capo, everythin is looking sweet.. As regards to topping or Fimming why dont you try both as a little test, just another idea capo but have you thought of scrogging? Good luck with ur grow

QUOTE=FirstTimer76;2167753]Hey Capo, how are you? Fine I hope. I don't know much about fimming or topping, but I have been seeing alot of topping going on in some of these guys/gals threads lately. & they have been getting some pretty good results from it. So my guess would be to top.

Still got my mazar going so I'm going to stay tuned in whatever decision you make my friend. Looking for info & pointers from your thread.

Good Luck & Happy Growing:smoweed:[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks buddy. I'm trying to be as helpful as possible ecspecially for those who have some Mazar beans.

Yeah... Those leaves are beautiful! :D I can't wait to see mine look that pretty.

Thanks Smoke. They are really green aren't they? :joint:

popped my first 5 Mazars yesterday

Will you be doing a log?

Those are Mazar-I-Sharif, right? Or as I like to call them, Bin Ladid Weed haha. I too recieved them as freebies and mine are about a week younger than yours...will be begin flowering in the next week or so...

Good luck!

haha Bin Laden weed that's funny. Fuck Bin Laden on the real though:mad:

Do you got a log going?

Gr8 thread Capo, everythin is looking sweet.. As regards to topping or Fimming why dont you try both as a little test, just another idea capo but have you thought of scrogging? Good luck with ur grow

Thanks for your opinion. We actually decided not to top or FIMM because it would have just taken way to long for them to come back so I could start 12/12. I've definately considered SCROG but I'm not sure on how to tie them down to create the canopy...

Update and a few pics in about an hour or so, so stay tuned.

EDIT: First day of 12/12 is today!!!!!

C

Cozy Amnesia

Do you got a log going?

Sure do, check out the link in my sig and go to the last page.

Here's what mine look like:

Capo dei Capi said:
EDIT: First day of 12/12 is today!!!!!

So thats about four weeks of veg? I plan to begin 12/12 after four weeks of veg too, which will be in about a week. Maybe we can compare results...

Here's a couple pics of them when i pruned them on 2/24/09

100_1253.jpg

100_1254.jpg

100_1255.jpg

Like i said earlier, I decided not to top or FIMM due to time complications and the need of meds, so today Feb 26, 2009 is the first day of 12/12.

I did some thinking about my mother situation, and the only clones I took last night were two GDP clones from topping the mother, and one clone from the mazar that is the first plant in the right row. The reason I'm not totally focused on getting moms from the AF and Mazar, is because i have alot of choices on genetics, and the genetics I want to turn into my moms' i have deemed from lots of thinking that they will be better in the long run then afghani and Mazar. Some of my choices include: Lavender, BubbaMist, LA Confidential, Hindu Kush, Super Silver Haze, OG KushX?, Granddaddy Purple(already have), Blue Dream, and a few others. So for right now I'm gonna be going with three moms which will be my GDP, and the BubbaMist and LA as soon as they are available which should only be another couple weeks if that.

But, if the Mazar plant i took a clone from turns out female, then I'll find something to do with it, but if it's a male, i'm just gonna have to take my losses. It was a hard choice JTLYK.

-peace

Day 2 of 12/12

Day 2 of 12/12

The light schedule for 12/12 is as follows: 7:00am=Lights off 7:00pm=Lights on. Last night after about 2hours of the lights being on i fed them some Fox Farms Open Sesame @ 1/8tsp/gal. I'll be giving them the O.S. every other day. Oh yah and i re-arranged my reservoir set up so i can just pull out the res and empty it, rather than having to take everything out. This also extremely lowers my humidity levels so my RH is at 51% with lights on, and temps are 74F with lights on. I'll post some pics tonight when the lights come on.

-peace

C

Cozy Amnesia

Whats your watering setup? You got a drip or ebb-n-flow or something?

Whats your watering setup? You got a drip or ebb-n-flow or something?

I guess you could call it a "run to waste" set up. I have my plants in two(2) 11''x20'' trays that are raised about 1/2-3/4 of an inch via square bucket lids. Then i drilled some holes in the trays on the opposite ends of where the trays are lifted, and when i water, the water flows down the tray, through the holes, and into a square container that i call my run-off reservoir. Now that i adjusted it, I can just slide out the res everytime i water and dump it out, instead of having to take all the plants and trays and racks out, then dumping out the water. When i would have to take eveything out, it would be such a pain in the ass that i wouldn't empty the res everyday, so there would be standing water for at least 3-4 days, and everyone knows that standing water and light=Humidity. My RH with lights on was 81%:noway:
before I switched up the set up, and now with no standing water my RH is 51% w/lights on. I'll post some pics when the lights come on so i can give you a visual understanding of what i'm saying.

-peace

dirkdaddy

I would recomend getting some clones off of your afghani's. nirvanas afghani is great and I wish I had gotten a clone off of mine. its kicks the crap out of the mazar i sharif I grew as well. don't sleep on it just because the pack was cheap doesn't mean some of those phenos aren't gonna be killer. just something to consider. and also, check out some of the grow reports in the seedbay forum about the mazar. if I had to guess you are going to be much more happy with your results from your afghani.

also, good choice not topping. that afghan truly is meant to be a single cola strain and with that prune job your are gonna get one massive single cola plant. very nice! can't wait to see how it turns out.

I would recomend getting some clones off of your afghani's. nirvanas afghani is great and I wish I had gotten a clone off of mine. its kicks the crap out of the mazar i sharif I grew as well. don't sleep on it just because the pack was cheap doesn't mean some of those phenos aren't gonna be killer. just something to consider. and also, check out some of the grow reports in the seedbay forum about the mazar. if I had to guess you are going to be much more happy with your results from your afghani.

also, good choice not topping. that afghan truly is meant to be a single cola strain and with that prune job your are gonna get one massive single cola plant. very nice! can't wait to see how it turns out.

Yea I've been go back and forth on getting some cuts from the afghani, but the problem is, is that there's really no under-growth to take cuttings from. So unless i can take a few cuts within the next few weeks i think i may have screwed myself...

EDIT: What was your yeild like with your afghani? What medium did you use?

dirkdaddy

well, it was my first grow. f'ed up in a major way to start and killed 7 (bad soil). popped the rest of the 3. 1 mutant, 1 male, 1 female. the female was great (great hashy/sweet smell). yield was decent and the buds were very hard/dense. I couldn't tell you what the yield was, probably around 18-20 grams if I had to guess. but it wasn't vegged very long, was transplanted a couple weeks into flower due to an improper container, and no trimming was done. but it still grew in a mostly single cola style with only some side branching. if done correctly I expect the yield would be very good on the afghanis.

and as for the medium I followed the "organics for beginners" sticky in the organics forum and used LC's mix with coco coir (5 parts coir, 3 parts perlite, 2 parts earthworm castings, 2 tbs dolomite lime per gallon) and dry organic nutes (blood, bone, and kelp meal) mixed into the soil. grown in a 2 gallon bag. loved my results.

well, it was my first grow. f'ed up in a major way to start and killed 7 (bad soil). popped the rest of the 3. 1 mutant, 1 male, 1 female. the female was great (great hashy/sweet smell). yield was decent and the buds were very hard/dense. I couldn't tell you what the yield was, probably around 18-20 grams if I had to guess. but it wasn't vegged very long, was transplanted a couple weeks into flower due to an improper container, and no trimming was done. but it still grew in a mostly single cola style with only some side branching. if done correctly I expect the yield would be very good on the afghanis.

and as for the medium I followed the "organics for beginners" sticky in the organics forum and used LC's mix with coco coir (5 parts coir, 3 parts perlite, 2 parts earthworm castings, 2 tbs dolomite lime per gallon) and dry organic nutes (blood, bone, and kelp meal) mixed into the soil. grown in a 2 gallon bag. loved my results.

Sounds nice! I like that medium mix as well...do you still use it?

dirkdaddy

Sounds nice! I like that medium mix as well...do you still use it?

yep and I probably won't use anything else in terms of the soil. its worked flawlessly. as far as the nutes go the dry route will work for the whole grow cycle (veg/flower) if you use at least a 3 gallon container. anything less and you will start to get deficiencies mid flower. I use 2 gallon bags so I use the mix with the nutes in it and begin feeding this fish fertilizer called organic gem (www.organicgem.com)and maxicrop liquid kelp to supplement the NPK through till harvest starting around the 2nd week of flower. I also use 1 tablespoon if blackstrap molasses every watering. if you want tasty and very potent bud you should try it. no flushing needed.

Man Capo they look great. Keep up the good work my friend.

Hey dirkdaddy thanks for the info on the afghanis. I got some of those. I'm going to do a thread on them after I finish the mazar & bagseed I got going rite now. Do you have any flowering or finished bud shots of yours?

yep and I probably won't use anything else in terms of the soil. its worked flawlessly. as far as the nutes go the dry route will work for the whole grow cycle (veg/flower) if you use at least a 3 gallon container. anything less and you will start to get deficiencies mid flower. I use 2 gallon bags so I use the mix with the nutes in it and begin feeding this fish fertilizer called organic gem (www.organicgem.com)and maxicrop liquid kelp to supplement the NPK through till harvest starting around the 2nd week of flower. I also use 1 tablespoon if blackstrap molasses every watering. if you want tasty and very potent bud you should try it. no flushing needed.

I really want to try this mix...I think it would be an awesome container mix for some outdoor plants this season:chin: Would you say that It really makes a differnence in taste and potentcy compared to just coco with regular liquid nutes such as Humboldt Nutrients?

Man Capo they look great. Keep up the good work my friend.

Hey dirkdaddy thanks for the info on the afghanis. I got some of those. I'm going to do a thread on them after I finish the mazar & bagseed I got going rite now. Do you have any flowering or finished bud shots of yours?

Thanks bro. Did you get Nirvana's afghani? I too would like to see some dry bud shots if anyone has them...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know i was suppose to post some photos last night but I've had a soar throat all week and I took some Nyquil and needless to say I fell asleep alot sooner then I had planned :joint: Anyway, I fed them some Humboldt last night @ Micro=2.5ml/Gal, Grow=2ml/Gal, Bloom=1.5ml/Gal And tonight I will feed them some Fox Farm's Open Sesame. Here's a description on the O.S incase anybody is not familiar with it:

Open Sesame® Soluble Fertilizer (5-45-19)
Early Flowering Formula for Gardeners and Hydroponic Growers

Open Sesame® is a high-phosphorus soluble fertilizer that’s designed to bring plants into bloom at your command. Just say the magic words! Open Sesame® provides the optimal level of nutrition with minimal salts and other residue buildups. Whether you’re growing in hydroponic systems, containers, or gardening in ordinary soil, Open Sesame® will go right to work at the root zone and deliver targeted nutrients when the plants need them the most.

Here's my feeding schedule for the Open Sesame:

Week 1 of 12/12: 1/8tsp/Gal/E.O.D(Every Other Day)

(The Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching are all very strong and powerful supplements so that's why you will see me going half strength with these supplements for at least the first week of using them. Reccomended dose is 1/2tsp/Gal, which means I'll be using an 1/8tsp/Gal.

Week 2 of 12/12: 1/8tsp/Gal-1/4tsp/Gal/E.O.D.(depending on how the plants react/respond).

Then I will go on to use Beastie Bloomz for weeks 3-4, and then Cha Ching for weeks 5-7(Assuming i will be flushing the entire 8th week).

Other then that, I promise I will get some pics of day 3 12/12 up tonight around 7:30pm Cali time

-peace

Hey Capo, hope you feeling better my friend. & yes I got the nirvana afghanis. I'm waiting patiently for my tent to arrive so that I can properly house my plants. & do them some justice with the mh/hps.

Waiting on them pics...........LOL

Hey Capo, hope you feeling better my friend. & yes I got the nirvana afghanis. I'm waiting patiently for my tent to arrive so that I can properly house my plants. & do them some justice with the mh/hps.

Waiting on them pics...........LOL

Sounds like a plan. About those pics haha...

Here are some pics that I took last night (day 3 of 12/12)

100_1275.jpg

Close-up of Afghani:

100_1274.jpg

100_1273.jpg

Last night I fed them an 1/8tsp/Gal of Open Sesame and 2.5ml/Gal of Humboldt Micro

Today (Feb 28, 2009) is day 4 of 12/12...When the lights come on I'll post a few more pics of them. I've only used the Open Sesame twice, and If It really does what It claims, I suspect I should start seeing signs of sex within the next 4-5 days. Tonight I will be giving them their normal feeding of Micro/Grow/Bloom, and tomarow I'll give them a flush with plain water PH'ed to 6.0.

-Peace

dirkdaddy

I really want to try this mix...I think it would be an awesome container mix for some outdoor plants this season:chin: Would you say that It really makes a differnence in taste and potentcy compared to just coco with regular liquid nutes such as Humboldt Nutrients?

as far as potency it will be equal to anything else but the taste of organics cannot be matched my anything else. it is clean, smooth, and pure. perfect and never needing a flush.

and to firsttimer, no, I don't have any finished pics, sorry. :frown:

WOW man they have really grown. I hope mine come out looking like that.

Thanks dude. I'm sure they will you know what your doin.

as far as potency it will be equal to anything else but the taste of organics cannot be matched my anything else. it is clean, smooth, and pure. perfect and never needing a flush.

and to firsttimer, no, I don't have any finished pics, sorry. :frown:

Yea I agree nothing beats 100% organically grown cannabis.

Tonight I will be feeding them Micro2ml/Gal, Grow/2mlGal, Bloom/2ml/Gal. I will post some pics a little later tonight.

-Peace