What's new

Capo's First Coco Run/Nirvana Afghani*/Mazar-I-Sharif**

If they were procured from the wilds of Afghanistan then there is no way to say what they are or what kind of breeding history has gone in to them...

I don't know if i have misunderstood you, but are you saying that there's no way to say what they are in terms of the strain being Mazar-I-Shariff?

Hey Capo, the babies look nice. Those mazars are looking nice & bushy. I just started my first thread myself with some of my mazars. When you get a chance stop by & take a look in. Would like to get some pointers & comments.

Until then.......Happy Growing:smoweed:

Hey Capo, the babies look nice. Those mazars are looking nice & bushy. I just started my first thread myself with some of my mazars. When you get a chance stop by & take a look in. Would like to get some pointers & comments.

Until then.......Happy Growing:smoweed:

Thanks bud :yes: Are you running just the Mazars' or something else with it? I'll definately drop bye to see whats gooood :joint:

They look great man.... seedsman also offers mazar, I don't think it's been crossed either.

Thanks BR. Do you know where i could order some of that BlackStrap Molasses that you were talking about in your grow diary? That stuff looks like the shit...

The "Freebies" are usually strains that haven't been totally stabelized, and haven't had much $$ being put into them so Gypsy gives them away for free. But, as far as i can recall, Gypsy has always given away legit "freebies" like Whosyourdaddy....i think it was a ?XPurepowerplant. Then there was South African Durban PoisonXSkunk#1...I had these for quite a while and recently tried to germ them but none of them would pop...no big deal though cause i had them for probly 2+years...it would have made a killer outdoor strain IMO.

Thats kind of funny cuz i ordered ak 48 a few years ago from Seed boutique(back then they were seedsdirect.to) and they came with the south african durban poison x skunk1 and not a single one of these germed for me either! Its just kind of funny they get u all excited over the new strain and they never pop. I just know from now on not to expect much (or nothing) from freebees. I recently ordered some seeds from the attitude sb and they sent me a bunch of freebies I am hoping they pop. The strains are 1 purple lady(fem),1 pure power(fem), 5 power skunk, 1 pure gold(fem), 1 super skunk(fem). They are all from G13 Labs. Haven't seen any G13 lab grows I hope to get some decent smoke for them or perhaps a keeper or maybe nothing lol!

razor ridge

I don't know if i have misunderstood you, but are you saying that there's no way to say what they are in terms of the strain being Mazar-I-Shariff?

Exactly, Gypsy said a British soldier brought them to him from that region of Afghanistan, so he must have came across them during his tour of duty, and I highly doubt the locals gave him any info on the seeds. They are probably as pure as landrace seeds can be, but who really knows except the Afghani's whom the Brit got the seeds from, if he even got them from someone, he probably just came across them and helped his self to them..luckily for us. I have a friend who is on the way to the middle east with instructions from me to send me some, any, native seeds he comes across, dont get me wrong I psyched to have these seeds and will enjoy seeing what they produce. Should be some hardcore Indica, my favorite

Thats kind of funny cuz i ordered ak 48 a few years ago from Seed boutique(back then they were seedsdirect.to) and they came with the south african durban poison x skunk1 and not a single one of these germed for me either! Its just kind of funny they get u all excited over the new strain and they never pop. I just know from now on not to expect much (or nothing) from freebees. I recently ordered some seeds from the attitude sb and they sent me a bunch of freebies I am hoping they pop. The strains are 1 purple lady(fem),1 pure power(fem), 5 power skunk, 1 pure gold(fem), 1 super skunk(fem). They are all from G13 Labs. Haven't seen any G13 lab grows I hope to get some decent smoke for them or perhaps a keeper or maybe nothing lol!

Hmm...that's intresting. I figured that my SADPxSkunk#1 didn't germ cause i waited so long to pop them. Oh well, they were free so it's not a big deal...its not like we paid for them. You should PM me the website that has G13 Labs on it...Sounds like they have a nice line up.

Exactly, Gypsy said a British soldier brought them to him from that region of Afghanistan, so he must have came across them during his tour of duty, and I highly doubt the locals gave him any info on the seeds. They are probably as pure as landrace seeds can be, but who really knows except the Afghani's whom the Brit got the seeds from, if he even got them from someone, he probably just came across them and helped his self to them..luckily for us. I have a friend who is on the way to the middle east with instructions from me to send me some, any, native seeds he comes across, dont get me wrong I psyched to have these seeds and will enjoy seeing what they produce. Should be some hardcore Indica, my favorite

You have a valid point. :joint:

Mazars are slow

Mazars are slow

Hey Capo, I have some bagseed from some street smoke I acquired last year. Was pretty decent too. Had a sweet/skunk smell to it. My question to you is, did your mazars start off kinda slow?

My bagseed has already popped & 2(4) have already rose to the occasion. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Growing:smoweed:

Hey Capo, I have some bagseed from some street smoke I acquired last year. Was pretty decent too. Had a sweet/skunk smell to it. My question to you is, did your mazars start off kinda slow?

My bagseed has already popped & 2(4) have already rose to the occasion. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Growing:smoweed:

If I remember correctly, my Mazars first showed themselves somewhere around 36-48 hours after i had planted them in my peat pellets. I imagine that's on the fast side of sprouting, but i'm not 100% sure on that. But, on the otherhand my Mazars and my Afghans are both at 30 days of vegg today, and aren't as big as alot of other plants would be @ 30 days so i guess you could say that they are starting out a little slow. They actually remind me of the crop of Purple Urkle i grew a while back, and it was nearly the exact same situation...vegged for four(4) weeks and they were all about the same heighth as the Mazars and the Afghans...mabey a little taller, but only by an inch or so. But on the other hand once again, both the Mazar and Afghan are super Indica strains, so that could attribute to the slower growth. Who knows, they may do some decent stretching once they get flipped over to 12/12.

Here's the Mazars and Afghans @ Day 30 vegg:

100_1220.jpg

100_1221.jpg

-Peace

J

JackKerouac

The Mazars I had came from my cousin who toured Afghanistan. They were fat leaved and finished around 65 days. The high wasn't remarkable, but it was the most creeper I have ever had. You would have time to finish a joint, complain how you don't have a good buzz, and then drool on yourself from being so high for a good hour.

Thanks my friend you have been a big help. & I definitely have you subscribed. I am keeping up with it everyday.

OMG jack thats funny. I like that kinda smoke.

Slap

Seconded, I love the kind of medicine that allows you to smoke like 3 bowls then hits you all at once, I'm forever on the search for that creeper stone, unfortunately it's kind of hard to find though...

quality footware there, Capo :wink:

plants are looking lovely too mate

Haha thanks bud. They're actually my girl's shoes but they are pretty dope :joint: I'm a DC kind-of-guy.

Thanks my friend you have been a big help. & I definitely have you subscribed. I am keeping up with it everyday.

No problem bro. Feel free to ask as many Q's as you want...and I'll do my best to provide as much help as possible. The more people that learn to grow herb, the better IMO.

Seconded, I love the kind of medicine that allows you to smoke like 3 bowls then hits you all at once, I'm forever on the search for that creeper stone, unfortunately it's kind of hard to find though...

You know what, I've read alot of grow reports that all say Nirvana White Rhino has that type of "creeper" high you want. I'd check it out.

I will post a couple pics with some root shots in a little bit.

-peace

Update...Day 32 of vegg

Update...Day 32 of vegg

So as far as i know i'm still on schedule on topping these suckers but i'm going to wait until mid afternoon when my mentor comes over because, believe it or not, i've never topped a mj plant before. Every grow i've done i've just let them go wild w/ no training/pruning, so i'm just gona wait until he gets here to do the topping. I'm 95% sure i know how to do it, but i don't want to f**k anything up. The tops that we cut will be put in peat pellets and will be used as clones to select the best pheno of both the Mazar and Afghan...those two clones will be used as mothers. So when all is said and done, I'll be running a total of three(3) moms: Granddaddy Purple, Mazar, and Afghani. Oh and within the next month i should have a cut of
BubbaKushXKaliMist and that will also be joining the moms as well.

Here's the pics: (Day 32 of vegg)

Group shot:

100_1225.jpg

A shot of some roots pokin out of the drainage holes:

(you guys might not be able to see it, but the roots have a fuzzy layer on them...that's the MycoMadness at work!)

100_1226.jpg

Some bottom growth on a Mazar:

100_1228.jpg

My Granddaddy Purple Mom:

100_1229.jpg

and another group shot:

100_1230.jpg

I gave them a light feeding before i took the pics...nute doses are still the same @ Grow/2ml/gal Micro/2ml/gal Bloom/1ml/gal

and either later today or early tomarow morning, i'll hit them with my cocktail of:

MycoMadness: .5tsp/gal
Ralphs Ultra Vegg: 1/2ml/gal
Fox Farms' Big Bloom: 2TBS/gal

And here's two pic's comparing growth within four(4) days:

Day 28

100_1212.jpg

Day 32(today)

100_1225.jpg

^^^^ Proof that Coco is a superior way of cultivating medicinal cannabis.

:yeahthats

-Peace

What up guys/gals? I never got around to topping yesterday cause my buddy flaked on me :jerkit: so today i gave them all (except mom) a good prune. I will post some pics of them tonight at 11:00pm Cali time when the light comes back on.

Also, I'm not sure whether or not i should top, or FIMM? I could really use some of your guys/gals opinions on this because I want to do it tonight when the light comes on so yah any help would be much appreciated. REPS for people who respond.

Hey Capo, how are you? Fine I hope. I don't know much about fimming or topping, but I have been seeing alot of topping going on in some of these guys/gals threads lately. & they have been getting some pretty good results from it. So my guess would be to top.

Still got my mazar going so I'm going to stay tuned in whatever decision you make my friend. Looking for info & pointers from your thread.

Good Luck & Happy Growing:smoweed:

C

Cozy Amnesia

Those are Mazar-I-Sharif, right? Or as I like to call them, Bin Ladid Weed haha. I too recieved them as freebies and mine are about a week younger than yours...will be begin flowering in the next week or so...

Good luck!