What's new

CAP CO2 regulator or Hydrofarm CO2 regulator?

xcrispi

:yeahthats

i was shocked to hear your C.A.P. regulator stuck open, but relieved to see your edit :p. I've heard plenty of good things about the C.A.P. regs, so I think you're right about needed to pick up another controller.

::cough:: sentinel ::cough cough::

You and me both ,
I just bought a C.A.P reg to replace H. farm / Active Air junk .
And I too dig my Sentinel CPPM-1 chineese junk controller - way cool piece of gear for 427.00 .
Crispi :2cents:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
CAP responded to my issue. I'll at least give them credit for being very quick to respond to support emails. The tech advised that the PPM-3 should be on it's very own circuit, not shared with other high draw devices like AC's and dehumidifiers. It is on the circuit with my dehumidifier and AC's. Only problem is that I don't have a totally empty circuit just sitting there in the room for the PPM-3 to use (and I doubt any of you do either....it's a friggin grow room....as if we have empty circuits).

Im going to try to figure something out and give it a shot before I return it entirely. Considering the sensitivity of the device I can see how power loads from on and off cycles of high draw appliances could have an effect.

yeah that's insane, they expect you to run an entire separate 15amp just for your controller? LOL. that is a quick response time though, you're right.

could you maybe feed an extension cord from an outlet in a near by room?

i'm not sure if it'd make a difference, but maybe plugging something in between the two? like an extra surge protector, or a UPS device?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Well yeah it needs 15a, it runs exhaust fans, dehumidifiers, co2 solenoids, and a night device. Dehueys are usually 4-5 amps by themselves, and a fan or two can be another 2-3 amps each.

Well yeah it needs 15a, it runs exhaust fans, dehumidifiers, co2 solenoids, and a night device. Dehueys are usually 4-5 amps by themselves, and a fan or two can be another 2-3 amps each.

what are you talking about? the ppm-3 is only a co2 controller bro..lol

ppm-3:

• Rated at 1/2 amp

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
The tech advised that the PPM-3 should be on it's very own circuit, not shared with other high draw devices like AC's and dehumidifiers......... Im going to try to figure something out and give it a shot before I return it entirely. Considering the sensitivity of the device I can see how power loads from on and off cycles of high draw appliances could have an effect.

Please, Quit making excuses for that piece of gear and get a different unit that works.

CAP should be ashamed selling that piece of garbage for years and years, all the while knowing it doesn't work for sh!t.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
I dont see how I could supply a dedicated circuit to it anyway and Im not convinced it will work properly 100% with one anyway. Will look into exchanging it for the SPC-1 and see how that works. Thx for the heads up caljim.