What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can't tell if you have root rot or the brown slime algae, come on in ?!

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran

hey doneit,

Don't have your boy run the antibiotic in his system with plants. Have him go Physan20 instead. Plenty of people have done it in the og slime club thread. My phone call years ago with the lady there and the MSDS also state its okay. I'll pull it and post.

He is gonna have to get a tea microbe shield going in the rez right after. Describe the problems he's having so I can get a better picture.

I'm going by what snype said about the antibiotics and I'm certain he has no reason to be wrong. He's on icmag here to help too.

Snype, I concede the fact that I was to hasty to post.

doneit

Veteran
lol.. No, he is not.

I tried the physan as you know... to much is needed to kill the pathogen to not harm the plants.

I would like to know exactly why the antibiotics are harmfull?.... not that i plan to use them... just for my own knowledge.

richyrich

Veteran
Snype,

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~Buddha

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. ~Buddha

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

I am sorry if there was anything I said that offended you, regardless who is/was right or wrong. I lost my footing and this is genuine and not a result of being warned or anything. One love and light...

richyrich

Veteran
lol.. No, he is not.

I tried the physan as you know... to much is needed to kill the pathogen to not harm the plants.

I would like to know exactly why the antibiotics are harmfull?.... not that i plan to use them... just for my own knowledge.

Ok. If a little wouldn't work then a lot wouldn't either. We have to find something else. How did H2O2 work? I'm just curious as to what effect it had. There really aren't any other options known right now for getting the microbes off the roots. Anti b's would have been an option but according to snype its not a good idea. We are going to have to look for another option which will require research and experimentation if your boy is willing. There are no promises though.

Thats why its so difficult to deal with when a crop is in progress. And nobody wants to scrap their grows and start over. It's always life support, lol. I did it too and it only took me longer.

I'm researching that right now. It's been on my list of research topics for today.

doneit

Veteran
OK... Listen... I dont give a fu#k what snype says, im not trying to start a fight or insult anyone that doesnt have it coming.. but his facts are not facts, they are opinions unsubstantiated! enough with the freeking drama already!

This thread is about teas and resolutions no? if the teas wont work and the antibiotics will? then give me a real reason not to use them.

Im hopeful that your knowledge, you Richy, not snype, with the custom teas will have a resolution... if you have doubts then plz say so.. i would prefer to let my people know now that i dont have a plan, than keep them hoping.

richyrich

Veteran
doneit,

Let me find something I was reading earlier to post here for you. It will give you an idea of what you and your people are working against. It will give you perspective from a similar issue from another setting. The spores/cysts present in your grow rooms are the biggest issue. Failure to control this will result in constant failure. The spores/cysts from the slime that grows crazily in just one day is the same issue once you have it/had it. The control techniques are basically going to be the same for rot and slime; their spores/cysts.

It's all about excellent hygiene, maintenance, controls, and prevention from this point on once you have been slammed from either rot or slime. Outbreak during a crop takes away any ability to do so. Most people get away by beating it back and developing healthy roots just with the tea. If it's really bad then I advise my full hydro tea recipe as potent as can be made. No little tea packets will do. The more tea recipe ingredients you begin with, the more you replicate in the end product.

You guys seemingly have a mutant monster pythium, so it's not working. As part of the plan--and that's why I stated earlier I would ship it to you for free every week--you need a tea custom tailored. I was not ready to put out any custom blends yet, but you appeared out of the blue and are in apparent serious need. Need not in one grow but several. I'm still researching all things pythium specifically looking for resistant strains. That is what's taking me a while and I'm not going to rush this important step.

Once I'm satisfied with my research, I will replicate individual microbes and groups in their own bio-reactors, blend them in a beaker to precise ratios, validate them under my microscope, cold pack the bottle, and ship the good little critters out. They are gonna be coming live and ready. I did it with the slime--which didn't even have a name attributed to it to help me begin research-- and I can do it again.

Very few of my microbes come from pre-made soluble powder forms like from fungi.com, great white, plant success, etc.. I've learned how to gather my own. My backyard chickens give me fresh poop. Aguashield is made from chicken poop. My 3 different types of worms give my awesome fresh earth worm castings. I can play with their food to get them to poop more or less of certain microbes. My tilapia in my aquaponic system give me an awesome assortment of critters, too. I have other ways of getting microbes too, but I'm not revealing. The ways can be found on the internet for free for those wanting to know.

I was speaking earlier of other methods I have not involving tea that I may make available to you if need be. To give you a hint to keep you out of suspense, two are a sterilization method of both good and bad microbes. No microbes will grow with either of these. One is a piece of specially made equipment and the other is so ridiculously safe you could take a bath in it. It's a liquid you add to the rez. I don't feel comfortable releasing the liquid one yet because I am not done running studies on it. So far I know it kills just about all bacteria, but I haven't confirmed the eradication of all fungi. And, it is expensive to produce because of pricey ingredients, equipment, and the time involved. They both actually cost quite a bit. Mother natures way must come first though and cleanliness.

I know you are anxious to get going and know the full plan. You should already be getting a mental picture of the direction this is proceeding. While I'm working on my end, there is some time before getting the grow going. Things to do such as sterilization of the entire grown room and my other instructions. Sterilization of the grow room is not gonna be a quicky job. Think of it as the most critical step you can take. Afterward, won't be a walk in the park either. You are going to maintain that grow room as if it were a sterile surgery room.

That is the unfortunate truth for those of us that have been infected. It is the most IMPORTANT step in this whole plan. The teas and things come secondary. There can never be dust collecting anywhere such as I have seen on a light reflector in your pix. Imagine how many spores/cysts can be chilling there just waiting for their opportunity. I'm not saying those are your current conditions. It could be an old pic. It could be one of your peoples grow room. I'm posting the pic here not to embarrass you, but to inform you and use as an example for the thousands of people who will eventually come thru here and can find it useful. I certainly had reflectors that looked like that before, but I learned to change that as part of extreme hygiene and maintenance.

Those buds are freakin beautiful and we have to get you back to that. To quit growing is not an option. I've been there done that. Even if my guidance can't help you, don't quit. I never did and I got thru it.

I can only offer what I know and I can point to my credentials in beating the dreaded snot slime. Nothing is for sure, so do not build up false hope for yourself or your people. There is so much room for error when dealing with a previously infected grow room. Though, as I expressed previously, I am confident in myself that I can help you beat it if you follow my directions to the T. One failure to follow one step in instructions or one slip up during the grow can be disastrous, and I have my credibility on the line to some degree. I'm not there to validate anything and I'm going off of your word as a man and I trust you.

Now, let me look for that reading from earlier.

Last edited:

Snype

Veteran
Carried over from the other thread cause now I see that you responded here as well (not trying to troll) :tiphat::

I am sorry if there was anything I said that offended you, regardless who is/was right or wrong. I lost my footing and this is genuine and not a result of being warned or anything. One love and light...

I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way as well. I wish you guys luck in dealing with your plant problems. Good luck! I know you got a lot of good advice for doneit. Hopefully it all works out well.

I hope I can just make a comment without offending anyone but I really do think richyrich is on the right path for this very specific situation. The way he is going about explaining how to clean the room is very informative and a must in my opinion. When I said that I think the tea is a bandaid, it doesn't mean that it is a poor method to use but I see this as the only method to use after the whole cleaning process. I think that it will work for him in the long run but he would be using your specific tea formulas that you see fit for his process. The only reason why I stated that it was a bandaid is because if you took the tea away, the problem would come right back to haunt him. But I do think the richyrich knows what he's talking about because he's done a lot of work on the subject. Take care and good luck.

doneit

Veteran
RR,

Im with you!

Thats is an old pic... however thats not dirt on the hoods, its sulfur.

I am growing out a couple small moms now for the project.

I am also going to run a few with the ridomil gold, the antibiotic, and a couple with combo's of stuff.

he is going to have to order more fans and filters...

richyrich

Veteran
RR,

Im with you!

Thats is an old pic... however thats not dirt on the hoods, its sulfur.

I am growing out a couple small moms now for the project.

I am also going to run a few with the ridomil gold, the antibiotic, and a couple with combo's of stuff.

he is going to have to order more fans and filters...

Lol, duhhh on me. When I was thinking it was dust, I was like how the hell did that much build up. It looked like 20 years of dust, lol on me. Ya, you did mention sulfur earlier. I've had my brain wrapped in research. I'm still here.

Ya, good idea to run other control studies. Follow a very strict protocol and plan. Don't change anything midway or you will not be able to make reliable conclusions.

If the other rooms are small, get these instead. They have a removable hepa filter that can be rinsed. Will save you on filters. They also have an ionizer function that will give some but negligible benefit. Search honeywell hepa filter at amazon.com and they are $55 a piece. Btw, 4 or 6 inch inline fans with those hepa filters for any room larger than 8x8.

These at amazon.

doneit

Veteran
Haha, im no dirty bastard! lol

Im thinking 3m 99.97% furnace filters... 20"x20" modified to a box fan... costs 30 bucks..
works very well.

This will be my 100th time attempting a control study... i got it bro.. dont worry!

doneit

Veteran
Whats up MG,
Ghetto? yes, effective? YES
Same principal as the 100 dollar honeywell but with more cfm and surface area on the filters.

That unit is pimpy... but for 850 ea. x 3.... nah, im a ghetto mafucker! lol

There is nothing that i can think of or have used in the past accept extreme heat that may knock out the spores... unfortunately thats not an option, all i can do is try and slow them down enough to get something to work.

richyrich

Veteran
Haha, im no dirty bastard! lol

Im thinking 3m 99.97% furnace filters... 20"x20" modified to a box fan... costs 30 bucks..
works very well.

This will be my 100th time attempting a control study... i got it bro.. dont worry!

Any air filtration will work as long as there are no dead spots and any sub-rooms are being air filtered too. The mission is to treat the air thru free flow filtration. I use the inline fans with the attachable blue hepa filters. It's a small unit and its out of the way when on the wall. Every week its turned off, a plastic bag then goes over the filter before it's taken off, it's taken outside of the grow room and rinsed off with blazing hot water spraying from the inside out and allowed to air dry. It can go back on if it's still a little wet. It will dry when the air get going thru again.

Oh boy, those experiments. I remember all of mine. The hair pulling head twisting days. Got my fingers crossed for you. Btw, if I post things that sound like I'm repeating myself or they don't pertain to you, it's because I'm doing it on purpose most of the time for future members that come thru here.

The other times, my brain is gassing out and I don't remember if I said something earlier or not. I took a look and nearly 700 views have been thru here in 3 days. I'm thinking a lot of people are in need of help and crop rescue if that many are clicking on a topic about root rot . Hopefully its another epic one and helps a lot of people.

richyrich

Veteran
No problem RR...
I need to know how you recommend to use the antibiotics?

10 4. If you are set on using anti b's, then do the treatment I posted somewhere. Let me look for it. I have that other stuff for you to read too that I was talking about last night. Let me get to looking.

richyrich

Veteran
Here you go. Full repost.

I don't know if or what else there may be in the API E.M. ERYTHROMYCIN. I couldn't get the MSDS sheet to come up at API's website. I'm not sure that the plant uptakes the antibiotic. I'm assuming that it doesn't, but I have to research this. So, initially I'm thinking there is no major concern with the end product.

In general, antibiotics are not good for constant use because the bugs build up resistance over time. That's why the medical field for has problems nowadays with so many drug resistant bugs. Yes, antibiotics as a last resort.

I would recommend the same treatment for a rez as done when treating a fish tank.

For each 10 gallons of water use 200mg.
Repeat dose after 24 hours.
Wait another 24 hours then change 25% of the water.
Repeat this treatment for a second time, for a total of 4 doses.
Then make a final 25% water change.
Treatment may be repeated, if necessary.
Note: This medication will cause a slight discoloration of water.
Four doses are required for full course of treatment.

Remember that this will only be effective during the course of treatment. Afterward, the antibiotic is done from the water and bad microbes can and will come right back. You need to shield the roots. That's why I still firmly advocate my original hydro tea or one of my custom blends for mutant strains.

Secondly, you can go with UV sterilizing lights properly placed in strategic locations which I had proven also work back in the slime club thread. This is not fail proof when dealing with a mutant strain. And, you are not going to have the hardiest plants and the largest yields unless you use beneficial microbes from a hydro tea. Roots need their beneficial microbes for the symbiotic relationship they share. The roots feed the beneficial microbes and the roots enjoy protection and increased nutrient uptake. Its the order of mother nature and that's the way to go. Sterile does not provide this.

Latest posts

Latest posts