What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canon MPE 65mm Macro Images

Manivelle

Veteran
hi DD
i've some research on some macro lens and it seems this mp-e 65mm is the best to do big macro . i know why you have open a thread on it now :)

do you think it could fit on my s3 is (58mm)?

thank you
mani

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mani I'm sorry I missed your question for so long, isn't the S3 a Nikon? If so you could get a Canon to Nikon adapter and go that route? Good luck..

..what's a guy to do on these Dog Days in Hot july? Well did through my MPE Macro pix and find some more for you. I have tons still left to sort through but I'm thinking about doing an eBook and that is taking up some of my time as well.
Here is Jolly Bud again from fresh cut buds..got a little amber in some of these, peace..see Ya soon..DD

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bubbleman

Veteran
sweet shots Doobie.. inspired me to share a few more.. was puffing on my bong yesterday and had my MPE on the camera body and noticed this little guy hanging from my ROOR while i puffed.. managed to get the hit.. shoot the bug,, exhale the hit and be amazed that i nailed him while he was spinning lol
Also a portrait shot to show his very RED eyes.. as he did inhale some of the hash smoke

peace
Bubble man

Ps i should add. that im not sure if you have shot many bugs but i have found its helped my trichome shooting immensely.. once you can get used to shooting a moving critter.. the trichomes seem to become much easier.. also it helped me compose better shots of the plants..

PaullyHighBred

Doobie your macros are absolutely stunning!!! Your passion for our plant shows so beautifully in your work. I hope you dont mind me using some of your photos as my desktop background.... I could stare at your trichome jungles for hours :)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Love this thread DD, only just caught it. Did you have spider mites in the post 93 shot? And given how often you rent that lens, haven't you now paid more than the purchase price ?
And when are you gonna do more with the little men and trucks thread, love that one too, always makes me laugh.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What About Sweet Cindy

What About Sweet Cindy

Bubbleman thanks for sharing that..very very nice..don't know how you kept that critter still long enough to capture that shot though. A good example for Peeps to see what else can be done with this lense.

..And given how often you rent that lens, haven't you now paid more than the purchase price ?...

Spider mites GMT..probably so, I don't know anyone that doesn't have them and especially late in the flowring game. I battle them and strive to do pix of clean buds, but sometimes those webs etc don't show up untill you look at the images closely, after you've spent all that time capturing the pix.
Little men? Yes..this fall when I have colas I'll get creative and break um out of the cupboards for some pix, thanks.

I'd might have paid enough renting now to own this lense, but the wifey n me..our problem is having $1000 cash handy-no needed for bills-and-all at once-to pay for one.
With my Social security imcome and the wifeys combinned we have trouble keeping up with the insurance cost nowadays, all the medical bills the insurance company said they'd pay, then didn't pay, and feeding our Pom-Chi! LOL.

Wait What..what about Cindy? We have a breeder here Bushy Old Grower and his BOG genetics I grew out in the past. Here is some BOG Sweet Cindy from that grow, I think the Cindy99 strain. Thanks for your views n posts..DD

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

FreebirdTTu

So I hear this is the place for macro pics :) here are some of my better shots w/ my MP-E 65mm. Picked it up recently, so I'm still learning.

Girl Scout Cookies
GSC_small2.jpg

Harlequin
hQuinn.jpg

Sugar
closeup7.jpg

Lens.jpg

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This Thread Due for an Update..

This Thread Due for an Update..

Don'tcha think..an update? 2013 last post..what's a couple years.

Guys..busy busy busy... I'm still alive and I'm still slippin resins under the ol 65mm for some new images.

Switching things up a little though..going to the bubble screen for some wet fresh resins indeed.

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like this in macro before; that is including the screen etc., so here it is. It took several batches of hash and many different lighting techniques to achieve. I think the shots could be even better when I master this but I'm out of trim for now so they'll have to do for now..peace..enjoy DD

Attachments

• 3053-bubble-W.jpg
    3053-bubble-W.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 3163-bubble-W.jpg
    3163-bubble-W.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 3186-bubble-W.jpg
    3186-bubble-W.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 3268-bubble-W.jpg
    3268-bubble-W.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 3406-bubble-W.jpg
    3406-bubble-W.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 18

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
bump

glad to see an old friend...especially one giving back the love!
good to hear you're still active and passionate about our subject, less so about your health being compromised.

blessed be

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
...less so about your health being compromised...
blessed be

Thanks Trich..great to see someone watching..my compassion for the plant and community has done nothing but grow stronger and stronger. Yet the health plays a big part in how much I can post and share..I fight it and win!

More with the MPE 65mm ...Rocket Bubble a Doobie variety..

Attachments

• RBubble-seed-902-W.jpg
    RBubble-seed-902-W.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 14
  • RBubble-0733-W.jpg
    RBubble-0733-W.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Rbubble-567-Wjpg.jpg
    Rbubble-567-Wjpg.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 14
  • RBubble-0140-W.jpg
    RBubble-0140-W.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 12

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Thanks Trich..great to see someone watching..my compassion for the plant and community has done nothing but grow stronger and stronger. Yet the health plays a big part in how much I can post and share..I fight it and win!

Glad to see ya back DD, really missed your pics!!! Hope you're well as you can be and don't be a stranger around here :biggrin:

OLDproLg

Veteran
Jebeesuses criest!!!

Look at that ice........
:)
whats that sugar one like DOOB???
golden beauty i see the honey man!
lg

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
Bubbleman thanks for sharing that..very very nice..don't know how you kept that critter still long enough to capture that shot though.

It must've been the couch lock. :)

DD at the next festival you have a booth and selling your art you could set up a portrait studio and take pics. Like a pet studio, but for chronic. And give people option to buy a big print of the best shots.

Very beautiful work!

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Relentless blackberry Rose

Relentless blackberry Rose

Well how about we revive this thread. And Today..yes yippie I have some fresh resins in the grow. These right off the end of the lens..Relentless Blackberry Rose. The July issue of Cannabis Now magazine has a Doobie cover and a nice article explaining some more of my technique, grab one if you can find it....enjoy...

Attachments

• blk-b-rose-5515-W-SP.jpg
    blk-b-rose-5515-W-SP.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 18
  • blk-b-rose-5313-W-SP.jpg
    blk-b-rose-5313-W-SP.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 15
  • blk-b-rose-4706-W-SP.jpg
    blk-b-rose-4706-W-SP.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 15
  • blk-b-rose-5107-W-SP.jpg
    blk-b-rose-5107-W-SP.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 14
  • blk-b-rose-4578-W-SP.jpg
    blk-b-rose-4578-W-SP.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
@trichosaurus thanks bunches. Here's something new to my grow. Humboldt Seed Old Family Purple. I don't have much to speak of in the way of cola/bud pics as she was a late indoor grow under only on light. A two foot plant that has a couple fine traits, one she smells so old school sweet, the wifey loves it. And as you'll see, some nice colour and resin production. These captured this week, enjoy...DD

Attachments

• humbodt-ofp-8376-W-SP.jpg
    humbodt-ofp-8376-W-SP.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 17
  • humboldt-ofp-7871-W-SP.jpg
    humboldt-ofp-7871-W-SP.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 20
  • humboldt-ofp-9184-W-SP.jpg
    humboldt-ofp-9184-W-SP.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 16
  • humboldt-ofp-8982-W-SP.jpg
    humboldt-ofp-8982-W-SP.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 14
  • humboldt-ofp-9588-W-SP.jpg
    humboldt-ofp-9588-W-SP.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 15

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't write me off brothers the lenses are on fire. I'm shooting colas and macros of 12 varieties right now..it's killing me but the mind is happy to be busy...this my Slummin Moon to go with the cola shots of it I uploaded to my Summer Grow thread. Enjoy...

Attachments

• slummin-moon-2464-W.jpg
    slummin-moon-2464-W.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 15
  • slummin-moon-2468-W.jpg
    slummin-moon-2468-W.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 13
  • slummin-moon-2570-W.jpg
    slummin-moon-2570-W.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 15
  • slummin-moon-2653-W.jpg
    slummin-moon-2653-W.jpg