DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Germination test results are in ...lol

Germination test results are in ...lol

4-5 days and we have life....

I couldn't be happier..
Given I just tried to germinate some really nice seeds a couple weeks ago and was 0 for 6 on them...

I have been growing from clones so have not had much need to pop seeds...

I still need to practice as I believe I tend to over water and this time I'm seeing that i have the light to close as a couple look to be burnt..

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your item was delivered in UNITED KINGDOM at ~:~~ am on June 21, 2013.

Well.. So far I'm not impressed with the bay. ..

I keep getting the feeling this is not going to turn out the way I would hope...

Lack of meaningful or at least timely communication is not what I was expecting from a seed bank as well known as the bay...

Is the bay a one man show ? It seems to be....
(Not judging this man, I simply don't desire to work with someone too busy too work with)

(The other banks I'm talking to have answered point for point every question I had within 24 hours...)
This I respect ...

I don't know if ya noticed. .
I like to get things done. . This waiting around for one person to get back to me when he has the spare time is not my style at all...

I plan to be around for a while and plan on releasing a lot of selection as i go.

like everything I do this year. .
I am testing and evaluating ..

Forum's, strains, grow techs, mediums, seed banks and so on.

So far ICMAG is a hands down winner in the forum department.
But the bay.. I'm not impressed with..

Glad I split the shipment .. only 980 beans sent... (After slow email responses gave me pause)

Looks like I need to send the other package and see is all seed banks are this way. .

If so. . I'll pass and just do things local as I originally planned ..

:tumbleweed:

Ignore me as I'm just venting ...

Whatever happens it will get posted here for others who wish to take this path and share their seed..

I looked for a thread from someone just starting to work with a seed bank. ..
I couldn't find one(what's that all about)

Taboo subject ? Lol

Last edited:

bobblehead

Veteran
Broadcast that shit. Thats how improvements are made.

Clarence is the muppet to speak to about anything going on at the bay. They handle a lot of mail.

However... Beans that I sent in with my name and avatar got mega a donor tag... So yeah, you're working with a bunch of stoners. Its the industry you've chosen. Unload everything you can to the people you trust the most. Not that I don't trust the bay... But I've had a lot of money come up missing before Clarence took over.

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I found some talk of issues a while ago at the bay.
Yet from what I could find these issues were addressed and Clarence is real good people.

Funny I hadn't thought of the fact they would be stoners...
Damn stoners....
:laughing:

Hoping to catch the positive side of prior fk ups. (benefit from the improvements made)

Knowing it's hard to tell a persons attitude from a couple sentences...
I want to make clear, im not hating on the bay...
More like a progress report...
I'm hoping to be all
:dance013: Dude... Loven the bay action.... Dude!!! :woohoo:

:ying:

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 26 and the stretch seems to be over..

Man, those Sativa's really like to go for it...

Kong is perfect to work with and the 80s Sativa looked to be great
for VERT....

The GSC is the crazy one... Just massive stretch yet the 1st plant had
some seriously heavy nugs that made up for the lack of tight nodes.

Hoping for a good show from this one as I would love to fill a pool with just her next... 4 GSC to one pool... Long veg and some crazy training I have in mind...

OK back to this run...

Liking what i'm seeing and the smell... Holly hell...lol

Going to add the dehumidifier tomorrow and get the RH under 50...
Might need to bump up the exhaust fan to get under 50 as im 65-70 RH right now...

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran

This gets me every time...
The shell traps and holds em down and the drown...

I don,t think its that uncommon to scuff beans. might try it next germ test and see if theres an improvement on the "drowning" ones.

I read ga3 is often used to soak seeds, improving germination rates. Was happy to find out its extracted from a fungus and not synthesized. how cool! Might have to start playing around with it myself.

:tiphat:

Alien_Dawg

I don,t think its that uncommon to scuff beans. might try it next germ test and see if theres an improvement on the "drowning" ones.

I read ga3 is often used to soak seeds, improving germination rates. Was happy to find out its extracted from a fungus and not synthesized. how cool! Might have to start playing around with it myself.

:tiphat:

Scraping 1st,is a good idea. .

GA3 seems to be used most often for hard to germ beans or old beans. ..
It is tricky stuff. .
All about the ppms... It will do totally different things at different strengths.

Made my ladies do some freaky stretch and well see if the go male soon enough. .
I want feminized beans without the hermi factor and since there is not much on GA3, Figured id find out for self what it can do...

Then the fact that its natural was a big + for me. ..

Hope ya pick some up.. Its cheap and don't take much. .
IMO, It's worth looking into and who knows. . Could be a useful tool. ..

I have some beans I tried to pop at the start of this season that look to be dead.
I dried and saved them and at some point I'm eanting to give them another go with a little GA3 Help..

Alien_Dawg

Ok. . I have my 2nd package of seeds, ready to go out tomorrow and I have enough seed for one more set...

My 2nd bank has already been chosen ...

Anyone care to PM a good choice for a 3rd bank...

Looking for people that are working or have recently worked with a great seed bank.
Not so much buyer but sellers/traders...

My beans need a safe, fun,chill home base to spread their joy. ..

Keep I'm mind these are crosses from Medical grade clones taken from mothers that supply collectives around California ..

These should be top notch crosses. ..

As I'll already have 120 odd testers packs going out..
I just need another place to send and spread. .

Thanks. ...

L

lazy gardener

? have you or others used that orange snow fenceing for scrog? scrog set at flat sorry

Mister_D

Veteran
one choice.

That the seed turned male.

Germination tested 2 times on BH. They pop every time.
BH seeds was grown once (outside in poor conditions) so just a glimpse of her beauty.

None done on SL,CK or GATF

I am going to cut open 1 pack each as a germination test on all strains.

Posting whatever happens..

Ya got to love beans my friend... No beans... No greens....:biggrin:

Lets all be on the same page here.

I am not a breeder.
I AM very luck and am in the right place at the right time working with the right breeders.( working meaning,buying from :biggrin:)

I do desire to breed a line of my own, starting in 3 years...

For this i need a gene pool to work with and a lot of beans to pop and select parents from.

I also need experience, skills and knowledge i do not possess at this point.

Though im gaining more every day and i am on track and meeting goals.

Im in year 2 of a 5 year plan.

SO... What am i doing and what am i offering ?

I am taking Solid genetics and crossing them with solid genetics.

The mom SSH was a clone. I grew out 30+ cuts and though I sucked as a grower ( 1st year ) She was a beautiful mom...

My issues were with soil and mites and neither would be expressed in her beans.( no hermi-no PM )

The pop was from a gifted set of seeds given to by a well known long time local breeder that knows his chit and has a solid reputation.

I do not know him personally, he does not know me beyond recognizing me when i go to his shop. lol

4 seeds given - 2 seeds popped - 1 male -1 I killed cause I suck.:biggrin:

He told me if a male popped I need to use him (special)

When I told him I had one, he gave me the genetic info and got me started on the idea of a 5 year plan..

The male was placed in a closet all by its self.
I then added the original SSH clone from the shop.
Different shop/breeder( the label had genetic info )
Its SSH cloned from seed from one of the major seed makers on the bay.
I don't recall off hand who, but its in my YEPS thread and I will find it for ya.

Everything about everything to do with these crosses has been way over documented the last 2 years and can be cross referenced
and bla bla bla ... lol

Got nothing to hide and stand behind the things im doing ( keeping in mind i get over medicated at times and if you see a inconsistency, please point it out )

I have managed to get solid background info on all these strains except the 80 Sativa, which were Bag seed from the 80s that are obvious heavy Sativa(hence the name i gave it) There was a male 80 sativa that popped yet being unknown i cut and didn't want to use.

The male BATF is known and my 1st wave this year was to prove the strains for this seed making run.

I need to write a book...lol

------ EDIT----- Im going to copy and paste this and continue the thought in a background thread im working on,right now... lol

So that it in a nut shell...

Hope you don't mind i took the opportunity to tell the tell, bro...
Much respect...

Im glad ya asked and glad ya have interest in the crosses.

Your more than welcome to be tester if ya like.. ( once they get to the bay)

OK I think ill stop here(cause I could go on,and will ) just not as a response. lol

I've been busy but am going to try to lay everything out in a simple
time line so as to have a good starting point to grow from.

I plan to use y'all wonderfully talented growers to prove the crosses and show what they can do,
as it would take me 15 years to do it all myself....

Your pay off for helping me...

Dank Nugs and the knowledge, you did the right thing.... :dance013:

I appreciate the honesty, and information. I just started popping seeds again looking for some new mothers. I'd consider testing a pack or two when you get ready. PM me when it's time if you are interested. My room is dialed so it should be a good representation of what your crosses are capable of under proper care. I'll be following along here either way :biggrin:

Last edited:

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I appreciate the honesty, and information.
:yes:

I just started popping seeds again looking for some new mothers. I'd consider testing a pack or two when you get ready. PM me when it's time if you are interested. My room is dialed so it should be a good representation of what your crosses are capable of under proper care. I'll be following along here either :biggrin:

:good:

Right on

:smoke out:

:ying: