What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

Just made some cannabutter from 1 oz. of hashberry grape krush and bog medley fans, 2 sticks of salted butter in a double-boiler. The butter is hardening in the fridge. Will make some brownies tomorrow cookin at 300 degrees F. Will report back on my findings. K+ to all for sharing. This is a very informative thread.

I ate one brownie last night and got extremely high. I cut the 8x6" dish of brownies into 6 pieces. I had the munchies bad. This morning I ate two more. They worked just as good +. I'll be sticking with the double boiler method for making butter.

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
As an in-experienced eater of cannabis... but a hardened smoker of it.... making a pound of butter with say 1/2 oz of top shelf bud... How much brownie material should I consume?? and how long b4 I should expect to feel it??

thank you

peace

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
bergerbuddy said:
As an in-experienced eater of cannabis... but a hardened smoker of it.... making a pound of butter with say 1/2 oz of top shelf bud... How much brownie material should I consume?? and how long b4 I should expect to feel it??
thank you
peace

Well how many brownies does your mix make at about what size brownie? If you get about 15 brownies that will work out to almost a gram per brownie. Which means a half to a whole brownie should float ya boat. It can take up to 2 hours. Depending how much daily you smoke and if you eat anything before you feel high you wont get as high. So dont eat a big dinner the day before and dont smoke that day you eat brownie and you'll have fun.

G

mmm.... cannabutter!! love that shit!! you can chuck it into just about anything too. :D nice thread on it.

THC4SIM

I made some butter using this method last year it was amazing, i used 1@1/2 oz of good bud and 2 blocks of butter, the cakes i made from it had a pub load of football fans all smashed all day, it made about 24 pieces, it was sooo funny as half of the guys who had it dont even smoke weed but thought it would be a good idea to have a piece of my spacecake!!!! the pub was in uproars of laughter all day, complete madness, ill have to get another one sorted out for this summer!!!.

I did try some on toast in the morning, the worst tasting piece of toast ive ever had in my life, it was rank!! but i could not leave it, i was determined to get it down as i was not wasting any of my butter!! it took about 20 mins to eat 1 piece of toast!!

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
i love the taste. Not of pure butter but when its baked into something its yummy.

I made some cookies lets see I got 17 cookies from one batch of sugar cookies. I used 1 stick butter with 1gram high quality buds almost a handful of stems of kush and 3 oz of shake that had been keffed a few times. So these should rock Ill let you all know later when they kick in just at one at 3:30.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
Well I aparentlly ate 6 cookies at 5 am sunday morning. I just now woke up. I was half asleep and started eating away. 6 I am still high. I just wanna go back to sleep.

G

i've got a bag of trim from 3 blueberry girls that i'm gonna try this with

i want to make some of those gooey / sticky balls (forgot the name of them) and maybe some mint choc chip cookies

mmMmMm

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
My first try at making cannabutter. If it works, Ill try the goo balls since they don't involve cooking. haha

2zfkc93.jpg

......and later, that same day:

2q0j149.jpg

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
When I made my first batch of cookies, I had half and put half in the freezer. We were cleaning out the freezer a few days ago and they were taking up space, so I decided to thaw them out. I had them today when I woke up (around 11am) and I'm just now feeling sobered up. I made 14 cookies, using what I estimated to be about 7g of popcorn buds. I had 5 cookies with a glass of milk for breakfast this morning, and they worked wonderfully. Thanks to this guide, making them was extremely easy.

G

Wow....yes I do know I want some! No really pieceofmyheart nice work those look amazing.

Anyway I'd like to thank all those who have kept this thread alive and informative in my absence and I'd also like to thank everyone for the compliments!

the rocheklip

Great Thread Very Informative

Great Thread Very Informative

Just wanted to add to anyone following his recipe, it is of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE that you do not allow the weed to settle to the bottom of the pan (electric stovetops and their hot spots much be watched as well) while the pan is on hot or medium. The bottom of the pan will torch the ganja before the butter can accept the THC, or something scientific like that. All I know is is I fucked my 4/20 cannabutter because I walked away for 3-4 minutes and by the time I got back all the herb had clumped into a burnt ball at the bottom. I used roughly 10 grams of B+ quality bud with one stick of butter and instead of 2 brownies for a buzz it takes 5-6. Usually using a quarter of schwagg or beasters 2-3 brownies gets me rocked. :badday:

G

so i did my second attempt at butter

used 15 grams of trim/leaf/crytally stems to one stick of butter. last time i used all leaf form 2 males and got a good buzz. hopefully this time will be better.

melted the butter in a pot on the stove then added the melted butter/water to a slow cooked set on low (so as to not overcook the bud) then i added the ganja mix. let is slow cook for about 5 hours. will tell ya how it tunrs out tomorow.

G

ok so i checked it this mornign and the butter isnt really seperating this time. i think i used too much water for the amount of butter ( i filled the crock pot for 1 stick of butter and 1/2 ozor so of trim/leaf. im gonna let it sit another day cuz i put it in at about 430 or so yesterday. ill be bummed out if i messed it up :(

supermanlives

Veteran
soaking the weed in water and changing the water till it stays clear before making butter will reduce the bad taste for smoother butter.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
darren19822000 said:
ok so i checked it this mornign and the butter isnt really seperating this time. i think i used too much water for the amount of butter ( i filled the crock pot for 1 stick of butter and 1/2 ozor so of trim/leaf. im gonna let it sit another day cuz i put it in at about 430 or so yesterday. ill be bummed out if i messed it up :(

You just might have messed it up by pre-melting the better. I add water and cold stick of butter to burner set to 2-3