What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

I made vegan chocolate chip cookies with this recipe. Worked out great. 2 ounces of trim to 1 container of Earth Balance (13oz.). Mini cookies. 2 and you're pretty much knocked out.

12 hours in a pot kept just under a boil. Really easy to make. Cinnamon rolls next.

Beggy

Just the post I was looking for. Have a friend that is 70 and wants to try medicinal MJ but can't smoke. This should open the door for her.

JTDuffet

Made some butter too!

Made some butter too!

Hi All, great thread, read the whole damn thing! Now its my turn to post up what I whipped up recently.

I used water and about 4.5 sticks of butter. simmered with water and covered for 3 hours. was black and glossy as others have mentioned previously.

So, once done, I strained through the work bag of my bubblebags, squeazed and once the liquid fats went through, all this THICK fats oozed through too. felt nasty squeezing it like that.. then rinsed with a cup of hot water and tossed the rest. could have gotten more from a rinse, but didn't bother due to time.

Put in saucepan and into freezer. 1 hr later the butter was firm, removed water, re melted down with water, and back into freezer. this second rinse made the batch MUCH better tasting. my first run of butter was so nasty I never used it. This one I can eat the butter without issue..

Then came the cookies. :) made a full batch per the nestle recipe on the bag of morsels. used half the butter, as shown in picture. I also have been using the remainder of the butter on bagels and cream cheese. Also made garlic bread with it, awesome!

This recipe works. I used warm setting on oven, and covered it was steaming inside.

-jtd (note, I can't post pics, got system error trying to upload 2 new ones, maybe my account is too old).. :(

Since you use 1 oz to 1lb butter, can you use .7gm and 1 stick of butter to make canna butter? How long to keep this amount in fridge?

seymourbud

I have a simple question that after reading most of the thread(s) on "making cannabutter" I haven't been able to answer.

I am trying to NOT make an overpowering edible, so I want to make sure I use the proper amount of Cannabutter. I have been decarboxlyzing(sp?) at 250* when I have sugar leaf, then storing it until I have enough to make a batch of CB. I only grow small plants, so I do not get very much trim at each harvest.

My question: Is the weight of the trim, popcorn bud taken prior to Decarbing or after Decarbing? Stands to reason that AFTER decarbing, the amount would be less as all the mositure will have been removed from the trim/bud.

One other question: How long can I keep decarbed trim/bud, and what is the proper way to store it? Since all the moisture has been rmeoved, there is little chance of mold growing, so can it be stored in airtight container, in a dark enviroment, room temp, until needed?

Thanks for any help you all can give me.

SB

Chey

Hi,i am new here :) this is a long thread and i didn't read it all...I have a question should i decarboxylate first before making the butter?
hm.gif
TIA ~peace~

Chey

I have read some articles and there seems to be a debate over decarboxylation. Some say to bake or microwave the Cannabis before you infuse the oil or make butter. Others say there is no need because when you slow cook the Cannabis it decarboxylates while in the slow cooker.

So which is the correct method?

mingmen

I am sure this has been asked 1000 times but what is the ratio of bho/co2 oil to butter to then use in a recipe? I have mixed oil that I want to use but don't want to make it too strong. I estimate 50-80% concentrates are mixed and wonder how much to combine with one to four sticks of butter. A gram with 2 sticks?

I am sure this has been asked 1000 times but what is the ratio of bho/co2 oil to butter to then use in a recipe? I have mixed oil that I want to use but don't want to make it too strong. I estimate 50-80% concentrates are mixed and wonder how much to combine with one to four sticks of butter. A gram with 2 sticks?
Excuse my ignorance but what weight is a stick of butter?

I'm also thinking of mixing coconut oil with my Bho oil. The common consensus here is that you eat 1 1/2 to 2 times what you would smoke in one go.
Based on this my guesstimate is mixing 6 tablespoons of coconut oil (approx 125 grams of butter) with 1gram of Bho oil, looking for a 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon dose.

I don't need any edibles for a while :) (isn't this butter great? I don't waste a thing, stems & all) so it'll be a while till I give the Hbo oil a try.

I'd be interested to hear your results.

^^^^^^^^ also thinking of melting my canna oil with my Hbo oil, making it extra strong so I can consume smaller amounts (I'm lazy. I spread my butter/oil on toast with peanut butter & honey)

Has anyone tried mixing their canna butter with Hbo oil? If yes, results?

Latest posts

Latest posts