What's new

Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

I have about 2-3 oz's of sugar leaves and buds that were infested with caterpillars, would Canna Butter take on the THC and leave the CaterShit behind?
Interested in others thoughts, ideas, and experiences.
I always use my trimmings for cannabutter. I think it should be fine to use the dead bud from the caterpillar. I think the heat should kill anything. I have a friend who smokes it.

rckymtnhigh

good recipe

good recipe

I tried this for the first time last week---came out great!!

thanks for posting this---easy and it looks just like the picture

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
yeah... and your milk will be full of all the shits that water is usually taking away.

L

LolaGal

If you use low heat, like in a crock pot, why would you need to use any water at all?

Clarified butter and weed seems like the way to go here.

I can see water if you were working over flame, but why is it necessary to use water in a crock pot for instance?

Juice_Box

I find that using water in any situation will help increase potency due to the fact that the mixture has more fluid contact rather than bunching together.

btw- just added about quarter tablespoon to a cup of hot cocoa and am getting a wonderful result. My butter came out extremely potent

THC absorbtion

THC absorbtion

Can be high fat milk used instead of water??? Then you can have bhang and budder
You wouldnt want to use milk because then your THC will be absorbed into the butter and the milk (milk has fat).
Making concentrates: THC is absorbed into alcohol or fat. If you're making butter and use any liquid that will absorb THC (milk, alcohol) then that liquid will not solidify with the butter and therefore you will be losing THC in your liquid. The reason to use water is because it will make it easier for the butter to collect the THC and no THC will be left in water because the butter (fat) soaked it all up.

M

Marywanna

Dang you guys are good! Now I am gonna try it too! The pics are just perfect as well as the instructions! thanks to all of you that took the time so us newbs can try our first batch! Marywanna

S

Sir_Nugget

So i took about a handful of sugar trim and lower buds from my week 6 day 1 blackberry kush... to a medium saucepan I added a few cups of water and a stick of butter, and cooked on medium heat until the butter melted. I then lowered the heat to it's lowest setting and added the fresh cannabis. I let it simmer for 3 hours without a lid, stirring occasionally.

Then I strained out the plant matter thru cheese cloth over a container as instructed. I used a couple forks to squeeze the remaining butter from the cheesecloth. I let it sit in the fridge overnight and this morning I was able to use the butter. I removed it from the bowl and put it on a small dish and covered it in plastic and put it in the fridge.

Now, I smoke everyday, hash and dank buds, never took a break. I smoked as I was eating and i could feel it kick in. I think next time I will use more marijuana per stick of butter.. I basically just cut a few lower branches down and used those, nothing wasted stem and all.. I am surprised how effective this was.. I have never done this.. And If i can manage to make it more strong,, this could seriously compete with smoking for me:abduct:

the culprit pie.. this is the shit..

:woohoo::woohoo:

I can feel the 'high' from eating with every inhale / exhale.. It's not the strongest feeling, but then again I only used fresh trim and a tad bit of nug.. it's defintely noticeable and comfy.. I think what I'm trying to say tho is this... I have a super high tolerance, and I was still able to feel a nice high from eating.. Edibles from cannabis dispensaries arent as strong as what u can make at home with just your leaves and stems (plant trash)... MAKE YOUR OWN.. eating > smoking nuff said

An edible from a club never got me high.. EVER.. u gotta eat like a tablespoon and a half of ur home made buddah if ur a heavy heavy smoker like me