What's new

Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

PassionForMaryJ

any1 4 grn toast?:)

Ehh, I will pass, I tried cannabutter on non-sweet items a bit, like macaroni, toast, and popcorn, but it tasted pretty bad.. :(

Here is a pic of when I had it with popcorn, it was dark/potent ass butter, it was a bit nasty, but it had me out there!

8622cannabutter_popcorn_n_beer.jpg

L

LolaGal

thanks for the recipe PFMJ. I will get it right soon.

I like the budder making process. I've been using my gran's metal kitchen strainer, and a spoon to squeeze out the butter.

Just ate my nitely dose of budder, hope my pets will let me wake up on my own tomorrow for a change!

It takes about n hour to hit, but it is OK I guess, good for sleepin and not hurtin mostly.

thanks again.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Some argue lower temps don't activate the CBN/THC. If you can, experiment and cook a batch of yummies with the butter as it is, and then reheat another batch's butter to 190ish before you bake with it; see what it does, I would be very interested to hear your results.

As much as I'd love to see others do your research for you, I must ask if you plan on funding any of it?

Well I might do just that.

First let me state that the butter if boiled with water has already reached over 190 F... if you mean C I suppose you could have added a measurement.. :D

Which would bring me to ask what your take on baking the butter in state with whatever vehicle is provided (brownies cookies fudge) and the according temperature (at least 350 F) and time. Use both examples of heated/less heated butter. Wouldn't the THC begin to breakdown and some point (300ish F) as well? Wouldn't that stand to prove that perhaps a lower temp for the primary butter extraction may ultimately provide the most potent treat?

Long story short: answer my questions and I'll be your butter research bitch.

I simply don't know why people don't do their own work anymore :nono:

Ipsissimus

Which would bring me to ask what your take on baking the butter in state with whatever vehicle is provided (brownies cookies fudge) and the according temperature (at least 350 F) and time. Use both examples of heated/less heated butter. Wouldn't the THC begin to breakdown and some point (300ish F) as well? Wouldn't that stand to prove that perhaps a lower temp for the primary butter extraction may ultimately provide the most potent treat?

most baked goods maintain high moisture content through baking, so the temperature only starts to approach the oven temperature on the very outside (where you will see browning often). your turkey is done when it hits 165F on the inside, after many hours in the oven...

this graph shows that decarb rates change over time, and the curve is dependent on your temperature. notice how there is a peak, and then the levels decrease.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I think that turkey protein and brownie batter are of varying density and moisture content but I take your meaning. My questions were addressed to Mr. Smith but I suppose we will all speculate anyway... so let's get down to what you think he is talking about, C or F?

190C is around 375F so what would you say to heating the butter to beyond vaporization point? good idea?

Ipsissimus

I was responding in general, didn't mean to step on any toes. 375F is too hot for sure. maximum potency would be reached at about 1.5 - 2 minutes, then heading downward (vaporized).

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Hey not steppin on my toes I like some good science. Now that I have an ear what's your take on storage length at 40F vs 10F?

Ipsissimus

well you could go years either way, probably decades @ 10F..i'd rather have it at 40f so it would cure. can't imagine keeping it for more than a couple years!! @ 40f it would have to be dried and burped properly initially of course.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Ok that's more along the lines of what I was thinking. I've seen people say two weeks max and whatsnot but I don't buy it. Just in case I put a pound in the freezer and have a half pound left in the fridge... I may leave the frozen jar in there till I forget and then remember it again.

Experimental data to follow.

PassionForMaryJ

thanks for the recipe PFMJ. I will get it right soon.

I like the budder making process. I've been using my gran's metal kitchen strainer, and a spoon to squeeze out the butter.

Just ate my nitely dose of budder, hope my pets will let me wake up on my own tomorrow for a change!

It takes about n hour to hit, but it is OK I guess, good for sleepin and not hurtin mostly.

thanks again.
You are very welcome Lola, eventually you will find the best recipe that works just right for you.
You will have different results when using trim of a higher, or lower potency of course, which is why I go so heavy on the amount of trim I add, when doing that I get tore up regardless, lol

I made my first batch of canna butter, used just under 2oz of Strawberry Cream semi-dry nice trim and small bud, 1 pound of butter. Simmered gently for 4 hours, added approx. 1.5 oz of Patron at 1 and 2 hours in on simmering. Let settle for approx 6 hours in fridge, drained muck, reheated to just above melting with additional water let sit in fridge overnight and got 12 oz of very nice looking butter in the morning.

Going to cook this up into one batch of cookies, and some brownies for the weekend. Can hardly wait for the final test!!

picture.php

THC123

Veteran
i made the butter from this guide.

I drank the butter in chocomilk andvaped 2 bags of herb , that was yesterday , today i am still very fuzzy , good shit!!

Medicinal420

my first go at some of the butter...thanks a lot turned out real good....looking forward to making some cookies tomm. used about 6gs of some fresh nug nd about 3/4 a stick of butter....

Well, results are in, tested the butter in brownies and they were a hit!! I am going to be making a lot more canna butter in the future, that's for sure!! Perfect guidelines right here in this thread!! Off to search for more perfect recipes now!!

RipVanWeed

Caterpillar Damage

Caterpillar Damage

I have about 2-3 oz's of sugar leaves and buds that were infested with caterpillars, would Canna Butter take on the THC and leave the CaterShit behind?

Interested in others thoughts, ideas, and experiences.