What's new

Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

- haschishin

thanks for step by step guide.i made my own butter but i think i did overkill. i use 600grweed with 2000gr butter.. i ate 1 tablespoon with toast and it was stronger than i expect :D

Thanks all icmag for my first harvest :)

ya im going to be making some of this here real soon i just harvested is it better to use wet leaf or dry
i was hoping dry so i could at least geat as much as i can by keefing it then using it all to make a lil butter as well to make some cookies ir what not and oh ya i know all about eating to many ganja treats i went and watched the film release of the original jackass after eating 4 cookies and the next time i watched the movie it was like watching a movie all over again casue i didnt remeber shit lol and this way im hoping to get the misses to try cannabis she dont smoke and she has a card in hoping shell maybe eat a lil here n there we both come from heroin addiction backgrounds and really i thik she doesnt like weed that much is becasue i dont think she has really ever smoked or vaped or even ate killer grass know what i mean she can talk a good talk but she dont walk it well :) meh i luv her for it

one other thing anyideas other than chocolate chip cookies or rice srispie treats or brownies anyone got any other ideas or recipes even for the three i have listed i gota cookbook and got some good baking skills in the background :) nothing more than swapping out the butter or the oil for the canna butter correctally ???

I've sworn by this recipe for years and recently discovered a trick:

Toss in a shot of rum (or half-shot of everclear if the taste bothers you) every half-hour or so. The ethanol helps to pull any THC stuck in the water phase into the lipid (butter) phase, and almost all of it evaporates off by the time you're done. I haven't been able to do any serious comparisons yet but it seems to make it more potent.

thats very interesting. i also swear by this method i strian a bit different but the rum i will try for sure thanks

M

MrsEvlme2

I tried this 3 times. It always tastes really planty. I have a lot of bud to cook with so I'm gonna try it again. I will post pics of it so someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Should I post that here or start a new thread?

M

MrsEvlme2

O.k. Here it is. I had 3 sticks of unsalted cream butter. Had 5 jars, but ended up only using 2. It looked like an ounce to me. Didn't weigh it out. I usually get a half to the jar so it seemed right.
I cut each stick into fourths to melt faster. Water started boiling. I turned the burner to medium and added the butter. It melted in a few minutes. I turned the heat to low and added the bud. After about 5 min I noticed that it looked nothing like the other times I tried this.
Keep in mind that the last times I tried this I used mostly trim and bottom bud. Now I used all bud. So I'm thinking that's the biggest difference and part of the lack of success in previous attempts. Though I've read on here that you can use sticks and leaves and get good butter. But I digress.
3 hours later. Looks pretty thick. Hope it's been simmering long enough. I prepare the containers. I made 2 as suggested and I definitely needed them both. Then, I began to pour.

Attachments

• 100_4153.jpg
    100_4153.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_4154.jpg
    100_4154.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_4158.jpg
    100_4158.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_4160.jpg
    100_4160.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 15
M

MrsEvlme2

Then, I hit a snafu. Mostly all the liquid was poured into one and the butter and bud into the other. As you can see. I squeezed the bud to get out all the liquid. Started by pressing with 2 spoons and ended up just using my hand.
the container on the left (less liquid ) was much cloudier than the container on the right. Does that make a difference? Does the color and consistency look right?
It smelled much better than the last time I did this as well. Again, I chalk that up to the use of bud instead of scraps. Hopefully, it will taste better. Still not sure what to cook with it.
It is now sitting in my fridge. I'll probably check it tomorrow night.
I hope I did this right. I used a lot of smokable bud. I'd hate to have wasted it.

Attachments

• 100_4162.jpg
    100_4162.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_4163.jpg
    100_4163.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_4165.jpg
    100_4165.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_4166.jpg
    100_4166.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 18

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
WAKE-N-NO-BAKE COOKIES
INGREDIENTS
2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Cannabutter
1/2 cup Milk
3 tablespoons Cocoa
3 cups Quick Oat
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Vanilla

INSTRUCTIONS
In a large saucepan, add the sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa. Bring to a rapid boil, and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the oats, salt, and vanilla. Using a #20 ice cream scopper, drop onto wax paper and let cool.

NOTES
I suppose you could even microwave this.

MILK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
INGREDIENTS
2 cups Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Cannabutter
2/3 cup Sugar
2/3 cup Brown Sugar, Lightly Packed
1 Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 package Milk Chocolate Chips

INSTRUCTIONS
Cream together Cannabutter and sugars. Beat in egg, and add vanilla. Sift dry ingredients into creamed mixture, and fold in milk chocolate chipes. Bake 8-10 minutes in prehated 375-degree oven.

NOTES
Dark chocolate chunks sounds pretty good too!

This is the best day of my life....I can now have marijuana with my no bake cookies. They aren't no bakes anymore, haha:)

I'm getting ready to make some more budder this weekend I hope. It was good the last time I tried this recipe, but I used buds that were from a strain I didn't really like. This one I'm using 5 different strains (all bud)...better be amazing!

M

MrsEvlme2

Definitely trying the wake and bake cookies. Just need to go get some oats. I can't wait to get wasted. thanx Miss Blunted.

Care Free 1

Veteran
I have not read this whole thread yet, but just a warning. Being around edibles after smoking MJ is not advisable due to the fact it is hard not to eat small amounts of them.

Ediblles made with cannabutter are very potent and last longer than smoking, and since they take 30-60 minutes to kick in, it is easy to over dose yourselfs, and you will pay the price. Start off slow and find what you tolerance is before consuming to much.

I love cooking with cannabutter, and if any of you get a chance, watch the video called "Pot in Pans" for some good recipes and advice.

Panconqueso

Veteran
This is a great method, a couple of weeks ago i tried some with toasts for breakfast and buff!!!

:abduct: i was stoned up till night

wild wild jajaja

Cheers!

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
Then, I hit a snafu. Mostly all the liquid was poured into one and the butter and bud into the other. As you can see. I squeezed the bud to get out all the liquid. Started by pressing with 2 spoons and ended up just using my hand.
the container on the left (less liquid ) was much cloudier than the container on the right. Does that make a difference? Does the color and consistency look right?
It smelled much better than the last time I did this as well. Again, I chalk that up to the use of bud instead of scraps. Hopefully, it will taste better. Still not sure what to cook with it.
It is now sitting in my fridge. I'll probably check it tomorrow night.
I hope I did this right. I used a lot of smokable bud. I'd hate to have wasted it.

looks fine. I dont thin it makes a difference. Try the wake-n-no-bake recipe that Was listed works great for me. Or the one batch of CCcookiemix to one batch brownies and pour cookie dough into brownie mix. Then bake and square!

M

MrsEvlme2

Thanx, glasspackedbowl. I will definitely be trying the wake and bake cookies as soon as I get my lazy ass to the store to buy some oats.
I'm almost afraid to eat them. I was gonna have some cannabutter on toast last night. But, I was already wasted and I want to be sober the first time I eat this to make sure it's working.
Will I feel the effects if I'm already stoned from smoking?

Owl Mirror

Veteran
OK so I followed the instructions in this thread and here is the results so far.

I had a bunch of trim/fan/stems saved up in a shopping bag.
I reduced them by crushing the dried leaves as best as I could which left me with this.

finelycutleafforcannabutter.jpg

Not having a scale, I estimated it to be around 1.5 ounces of shake.
I used 4 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter in 6 cups of water.
Not being able to locate cheesecloth,
I opted to follow someones suggestion of using an old white T-shirt. NEVER EVER DO THIS !
It soaked up about half of the butter which was a complete waste.

Here is a pic of the final amount I have from 4 /12 sticks of butter.
This is on an 8 inch plate.
cannabutter.jpg

Ipsissimus

Not having a scale, I estimated it to be around 1.5 ounces of shake.
I used 4 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter in 6 cups of water.
Not being able to locate cheesecloth,
I opted to follow someones suggestion of using an old white T-shirt. NEVER EVER DO THIS !
It soaked up about half of the butter which was a complete waste.

your tshirt soaked up 2+ sticks of butter?!!

after you squeeze it, have another cup of clean hot water to dip the shirt and ball in, soak up water, re-squeeze over the good container, do this a few times and you'll get everything out.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
your tshirt soaked up 2+ sticks of butter?!!

after you squeeze it, have another cup of clean hot water to dip the shirt and ball in, soak up water, re-squeeze over the good container, do this a few times and you'll get everything out.

I did try this but, I put that new water in a third cup and it had nothing but yellow water in it this morning.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
I made brownies with my butter tonight.
Two batches of packaged mix and divided the amount of butter I had in the above picture.
I ate one brownie at 10 pm est of the size 2x2x1
I am having a hard time typing this message ;>}

I made them as I will have visitors in the morning and thought I should try them out so I know how much to tell them they should eat. Now I know LOL! ;<}

I squeezed every drop of batter I could out of the bowl with my finger.
There was a thin coat on the surface of the bowl and, I let my dog lap it up.
She was so funny when it began to effect her.

Now she and the cat are napping together contently ;>}

OK, I need to go veg, good night ;>}

Latest posts

Latest posts