What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
HotCha said:
Trying this one today. Had an issue with boil over at first, gotta pay attention, just like brewing, lol.

I made a makeshift bag with my cheese cloth so I can just pull the thing out once it's done.

Mostly G and Dumpster trim, I'll report once it's finished and in my brain.

*Edit* So I finally got around to making some chocolate chip cookies yesterday. Tasted great. Nice effect. Super stoney funtime!
Glad I loved the high from eaten goods. Very nice.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
Gangsta Lean said:
made some last night
my brother said he was trippin
n sleep walkin n his sleep
i havent tried them yet
used an 1 1/4 oz popcorn to four sticks butter
used 2/3 cup of melted butter in brownie mix

I bet. If you make then strong or out of some top shelf high grade platnum buds you get that. :muahaha: Some people dont realize how much you can use at once. With the good shit theres always a harry line from being retarted and super high.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
waster said:
I haven't made this yet(off to the shop in a mo), but looks pretty yummy, and the recipe uses butter (and cooks below 375F). It's a Delia Smith recipe, and hers ALWAYS work lol.

Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4, 350°F (180°C).(**maybe reduce temp a bit to make sure the thc isn't degraded??)

You will also need a well-greased oblong baking tin measuring 7 x 11 inches (18 x 28 cm), lined with silicone paper (baking parchment), allowing the paper to come 1 inch (2.5 cm) above the tin.
Begin by chopping the nuts roughly, not too small, then place them on a baking sheet and toast them in a pre-heated oven for 8 minutes exactly. Please use a timer here otherwise you'll be throwing burned nuts away all day! While the nuts are cooking, put the chocolate and butter together in a large mixing bowl fitted over a saucepan of barely simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Allow the chocolate to melt, then beat it until smooth, remove it from the heat and simply stir in all the other ingredients until thoroughly blended.

Now spread the mixture evenly into the prepared tin and bake on the centre shelf of the oven for 30 minutes or until it's slightly springy in the centre. Remove the tin from the oven and leave it to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into roughly 15 squares. Then, using a palette knife, transfer the squares on to a wire rack to finish cooling.

Should work fine. Just cook it at 350°F (180°C) for 3-5 minutes longer. Just use the tooth pick in the middle trick and if its gooey it needs longer.

HotCha

So I just about OD'd the other day lol, I ate four cookies in a few hours. I was in dreamland for about a day and a half. Making a fresh batch tonight. Woo hoo!

Same product as before, trim from some dumpster and G and a bit of Sensi Star as well. First batch was killer, I had all the old-timers singing my praises as they gazed off with bloodshot eyes. :headbange

I'm starting to wonder if you really have to boil it that long. I'm getting the results described in 30 minutes or less. ???

Last edited:

Skyrune

i am most def. gonna have to try this recipe for sure. Thanks for the info guys, and im glad to hear that people actually tried and enjoyed this
thanks again

D

Despie

I used the 220 micron bag from my hash machine to strain the weed from the butter.....turned out really nice. I needed something big cause I used 3 oz of cured buds I have had for a few months now.

SpideyC916

"vaped bud"?

"vaped bud"?

Great Post! Getting ready to do this myself but I am wondering about his use of "vaped bud"

Is this bud that has already been used in a volcano or similar device?
Is there usable THC in there that can be extracted into butter??
I have a shitload of this stuff so I am very anxious to find out :)

Thanks!

i just found a couple males in my garden and i would like to make butter with them. What ratio of butter to male leaf and tops should i use??

kovenant

alright. i have 2 pounds of resin filled trainwreck trim and small buds that i want to make some hash & cannabutter out of. i have a few questions.

i definitely will be wanting to remove the taste from the butter. after reading this entire thread... seems the method im most comfortable with is re-melting the cannabutter into simmering water a few times after its made.

one way i am not comfortable doing it is using cold/ice water. let me explain why, and im surprised no one has mentioned this or asked the question already (this is a long thread after all)

doesnt cold/ice water break the trichs off of the plant matter?

consider this: when making hash in bubble bags, ice water is used to break the THC crystals from the plant matter so it can sift out. when a water cure is required (for quick curing or creating stealth weed) do you use cold water? nope... you use luke-warm, room-temp water. why? because you dont want to remove the crystals from the buds/plant-matter. see where im going with this one?

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
wreckMEplease said:
i just found a couple males in my garden and i would like to make butter with them. What ratio of butter to male leaf and tops should i use??
A lot of leaf to a little butter. you will have to use water to keep it all wet and to prevent burning.

Comatose

Originally Posted by wreckMEplease
I wouldnt even use them unless they are coated in resin.

and you got to try Making Pesto Pasta it is so good with cannabutter. Try It! :joint:

Last edited:

scruffy

First batch is cooling in the fridge! Made from 1 stick of butter (4 oz) and 5g of SADxSkunk#1 buds and another couple grams of vaporizer "leavin's". I think about a tablespoon of butter is a serving, any opinions? I simmered for 3 hours with water and butter. Looks like most everyones' butter, separated into layers, a twinge of green, not too bad. Not sure what I want to make, I was surprised at how little margerine/butter most rice krispie treat recipes call for. Seems that your butter would have to be pretty powerful, or you could maybe just eat a whole batch yourself! :joint:

Anyways, thanks a bunch for still more great information and yet another way to enjoy our favorite plant! I had a fun afternoon cooking it, and blazing a couple joints of my Quick Mist Diesel.

EDIT: I just had a tablespoon of my butter, just smeared on toast with some cinnamon sugar. Tasted pretty good, actually. I did heat it one more time and let it cool, seems to have lightened the color quite a bit. Well, I'll take pictures of the butter and let you know how it all went! See ya in the morning, I hope. :wave:

Last edited:
G

Just whipped up some cannabutter myself with the 1 pound butter to 1 ounce marijuana ratio. Should be interesting, ran into some issues finding stuff that required butter but ultimate came away good to go. Finding cheese cloth was an adventure too.

scruffy

Well, here is about 6 tablespoons of butter that I made, 1 stick minus two 1-tablespoon doses. I've had it twice just spread on toast, don't think I can do that too much, just been too lazy to cook anything the last couple days.

Effects were noticeable within 1- 1 1/2 hours, not sure of the peak or duration, because I went to bed soon after that. Did not wake up high, so it was less than 8 hours. Did not sleep seemingly any better or worse than normal. Pain relief seems moderate, want to do some more checking in that regard. Very warm and comfy buzz, would have been nice to curl up with a good book.

The original "recipe" in this thread rocks! Like I said, I "refined" the butter once by re-heating and stirring with a whisk, then re-cooling. Color is very light green, taste is something of the vape trash/green taste.

kovenant

mixed up my own over my weekend (sun-tues) only i upped my ratios a bit. i through in 1/4 lb of resinated trim & leaves to 1.5 lb of butter. took it 3 hours @ 190F. let it set overnight in the large pot (wouldnt fit into my largest tup-o-ware.) next day, reheated it and seperated into 2 tupoware containers. looks like the reheat successfully reduces the green-ness and the canna-taste.

baked a batch of cookies last night before i went to sleep - will have to give them a sample today. the cookie recipe was one of the pre-mixed jobs... called for 2 tbsp of butter, so i added about 3 (maybe just over.) the recipe required cooking them at 350F for 10-13 minutes - so i baked the cookies at 200F for about 40 minutes and they looked (and smelled) fantastic. took a quick sample for taste (didnt want to get faded during sleep before work) and they tasted great - just a faint taste of the cannabutter.

ill report back on the effect once i eat one!

--edit--

so i ate 1 cookie yesterday evening about 5pm (after work.) i wanted to get an accurate feel for the potency. what a great cookie. medicinal quality without the knock-out. i was definately stoned, had a great body high. killed the chronic pain in my legs. my lovely lady had run a bath for me (which helps the pain in my legs as well) but i didnt stay in it the customary 45 mins... was out in about 15 because i only needed to wash up. the cookie had done the rest.

2 would be interesting... definately not needed to treat the pain, but maybe for more intense of a body fry.

awesome thread & recipe!! thanks again

(i definately recommend at least melting down the butter and re-solidifying it one or two times... it greatly reduces the taste/odor)

Last edited:

Lemon

Thanks for the post :smile:

greenbutterqx7.jpg

RevolutionX

ok guys i made some brownies last night and damn is this shit yummy. I made them back in the day but they were nasty. These brownies are headee all the way ;)...

I soaked the weed in ice water first and then reboiled the butter in fresh water twice.

When i made the brownies i put a squirt of hersheys fudge into the batter. Also a dash of cinnamon for kicks.

These brownies give me the munchies bad about an hour after eating them. Next up is CannaBananna Bread. I already bought the mix and still have some butter left to use up.

Notice my mj stalk for a stirring spoon..lol...

Honestly i realy dig the smell of canna butter and i LOVE the taste too. But my other half hates the taste. I really think this is one of those acquired sort of foods. I know at first i didnt like it. It took a few years and many treats to appreciate its natural cooked taste.

I froze it overnight

Reboiled a couple times.

Ooo Lala...Bon apetite!

never made butter as good as when i found this thread. thanks!

been taking three teaspoons at a time (on a few slices of toast, or soaked on top of a brownie :) and am thinking perhaps i should go to two. i never made butter so potent either.

Latest posts

Latest posts