What's new

Cannabutter: Awesome? or Waste of Green?

Justa6655321

Veteran
i used all my male plants and made the most wicked butter the other day. it's worth it 100%!!!

i love cooking with it

yea cannacookies are an excellent choice specially for sum med users that hate hackin there lungs out:joint: (my dad)its always fun to do aswell:woohoo:and also sumtimes people that wont smoke that thnks its real bad for lungs may try yer bud recipe instead:joint: may turn alot more people on to the wonderful world of the magical plant

i like a good fettuccine Alfredo i take about a tablespoon of BHO and mix it into a 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil . I then add bit by bit to that bertollis alfredo sauce you get next to the fresh refrigerated noodles in the supermarket. Add some chicken browned in the said olive oil concoction ad some Parmesan cheese to the sauce ( i prefer fresh ) .some garlic onions and bam. B e careful with dosage BHO into olive oil is strong !!!!!! never a weak batch the 1/4 cup is for serving 4 people. I got tired of brownies and cookies and the alfredo gets me way more blasted.. er uh "medicated" ....... Still think you could get THC into buttermilk and make on hell of a ranch salad dressing. The olive oil opens up cool stuff like slices of sourdough baguette and a plate of balsamic vinegar with your special olive oil as a appetizer to the alfredo..... you can also flavor the olive oil with other herbs.

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
i would love to eat my cannabis but everytime i do i get WAY too high! its a totally different feeling ya, but i am so 'baked' that i cant even think. it gives me major anxiety and i usually go to bed. i cant be around people at all when i eat my weed. I love smoking and always enjoy that. just eating it fuks me up too much. And my eyes get soooo red ha ha.

everytime i do it i say i will never do it again... i've said that at least 10 times.

:laughing:

it would be nice to have healthy lungs. maybe i need a different method, tincure or something.

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
i noticed no one here mention the method of using water and butter in the mix.

i just discovered this recently and i gotta say its good for a few reasons..

1 - the water will absorb all the other shit such as chlorophyll and what ever other junks in that plant matter.

2- it makes it a hell of alot easier to achieve the potency you desire.

i take an ounce of prime nuggs and once stick of butter and about a pint and a half of water.
heat the water and butter at a medium heat untill the butter is completely melted.
add your pot and put on a simmer and cover for 2 hours stirring occasionally.

get yourself an adequate container and siv to strain the bud from the liquid mess you got brewin. i like to apply pressure to the mush of bud to get all the liquid out)
refrigerate half our or so or until butter is hardened and floating on top the water.

the butter that comes back looks alot cleaner of a color and IMO has a better taste since all that other garbage was washed away with the water..

i mostly use betty crocker cookie mix since it calls for exactly one stick butter, makes about 2 dozen cookies so your looking roughly just over a gram per cookie.. good stuff!!

next week im gonna use two ounces mexi brick in one stick-o-butter! gonna be some nasty shiot!!!

Capn

Love getting high off edibles...I've been high for 24+ hours off one session of eating edibles. Waking up still baked is freaking crazy, and awesome.

IMO best way to make weed butter is to do what some people mentioned above me and make an extract; bho, iso, dry seive, or bubble, add that to your butter and the taste/potency/consistancy of your edibles will be more close to using normal not simmered for 50 hours on a stove butter.

I digress, eating weed is freaking uber. Tincture sounds kick-ass too!

Mrs. Swamp

I think we might become edible junkies soon as well. After being gifted some cookies and NOT freaking out, we plan to get some whipped up asap. We had a really good time over the weekend with those cookies. Definitely made things more interesting.

jalajaslet

Males??

Males??

i used all my male plants and made the most wicked butter the other day. it's worth it 100%!!!

i love cooking with it

Hello Justa6655321,

I am a new grower and currently have 13 flowering. Two at about 27 days flowering and 11 that are right at 2 weeks. One of the 27 day olds is a male and so far 4 of the 2 week olds are male. I don't want to get rid of them for a couple of reasons...one being I don't want the drama :dueling::noway: with my "better half" and also because I have heard of a few different people on here who SWEAR NEVER to throw away another male because of the goodies that can be made from them... Whats you outlook? ever made anything other than the butter? and how old should they be? what parts should I use?

Thanks

swishaman

You should try doing a 'wash' step on your butter extraction to get the schwagginess out. I run at least 3 washes on my green butter- called 'liquid-liquid extraction' in nerd land (where I live)- to put most of the contaminants in the aqueous phase and all the resins inthe lipid phase. The benefits of this are a pale pistachio green, sweet-smelling, gentle tasting product that won't scorch in recipes that call for higher temps, and takes FAR longer to go rancid in storage, as it has no plant residue to rot.
Works wonders and saves money!

Anyone wanting this method in detail...

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cach...annabutter+wash+step&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us

stinkyattic from that site :D said:
Place this jar in the refrigerator until the two phases stratify and the butter sets into a solid mass. Poke a large hole through the butter and pour out all the water through a strainer to catch any butter pieces floating in the water. Re-fill with clean water and return to the hot water bath. HOT WATER ON COLD GLASS WILL CRACK THE GLASS! Bring the bath back to temperature gradually.

Now repeat the heating and shaking process. You will see that the water becomes cloudy. This is all contamination leaving the butter. Chlorophyll, plant matter, even excess fertilizer salts are washed away, leaving pure butter with the psychoactive compounds.

This is called a liquid-liquid extraction, and takes advantage of the different solubilities of polar (salts) vs nonpolar (hydrocarbons) compounds in polar (water) vs nonpolar (oil) solvents.

Repeat the chilling and separating process, re-fill with water, heat again. The third time, the water should remain quite clear, and when you pour it out, pour it through a permanent coffee filter (the metal kind) to remove any large particles still remaining. This time when you chill it, you will notice what a lovely pale green color it is, and also that it smells like sweet butter and hash, but not really like pot.

When you cook with washed butter, the cannabis flavors are very subdued, to the point where you may not even notice any at all. Nice stuff."

D

dissident

One thing I've been wanting to try out is making cannabutter with water-cured buds... that way there won't be any taste of chlorophyll whatsoever... in theory. Will try out next time I harvest...

M

MrsEvlme2

I've tried to make butter a couple of times. I put it on toast. I forced myself to eat it. It tasted horrible and I didn't feel anything but nauseated by the taste. It was really planty. I have a lot of extra bud so I'm gonna try this one more time. What am I doing wrong that it taste like shit every time? What's the best way to cook it in order to mask the flavor? Any help would be appreciated.

I like my budder in Italian dishes...add it to fresh sauce and it goes excellent together. I also add a bit to garlic butter and brush toast with it.

Best way to keep the shit taste down is B.H.O it first then add to butter, or as it was mentioned, cooking it with butter and water and letting it separate in the freezer.

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
We would not consider cannabutter a waste, especially if you are not doing much with that extra trim anyways.

Z

Zoolander

Easy and tastey and strong as fuck

Crockpot
3 pounds unsalted stick butter
water
4 1/2 to 5 oz's of popcorn bud or bud trim and let cook on low for around 6 hours stiring every hour or so . once done strain trough cheese cloth then put in fridge and let harden up . once hard seperate from water and eat how ya like and prepare to be for no pain and a strong ride:woohoo:

Sorry to post this here girls I messed up but try this out and I promise you won't be sorry

Budsack

Rules of Butter:

1. Never overheat butter while making or while using. (I never exceed 300 degrees F ever.) My brownies are always effective.
2. Don't be scared to add more herb. Less butter more herb + trippy sativa = good times. Make it as concentrated as you can afford.
3. Share 80). A pea sized amount of my butter is more then enough. My sis just sticks it under her tongue and she swears the effects are almost instantaneous.

any kind of properly done fat extraction is very good.

I made some hot chocolate out of about 3g of stems I'd saved one time... good body buzz for a while, as opposed to coughing and thinkin damn... i hate stems.
saw a thread around a lil while ago about keeping temps low when cooking to avoid potency loss (think it was like 300 deg.), dono where it is tho.

you should get the same results regardless of the quality of material used, if not your prolly just knocking off the trichs and not actually extracting all the THC (ofc you would need more trim then bud to get the same potency).

M

Marywanna

I am SO wanting to try some edibles for my gastric problems. But I have been told that it makes you pukey feeling,is that true? I smoke to get RID of the pukes and it works better than any RX the Drs have given me.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
In my experience, if you keep cannabutter under 10% of the total receipe weight, you will not even fell you're eating it, no pukey feeling.. nothing. Then, of course, it's effects will come and hit you hard..

I recommend making cannabutter to all of you who don't want to smoke, or even if you smoke.. if you have some extra lower quality bud or "frozen" trim go for it! You'll love it! Good luck! :wave: