What's new

Cannabutter: Awesome? or Waste of Green?

I wish I could get Medibles to work for me. I am a decent cook ( Maryann taught me) and the effects seem to be better than just acceptable for everyone but me.

After careful consideration I believe that some of the cholesterol medications I am required to take for my heart condition interfere with my ability to process the fats in the edibles as effectively as other people. I have nothing to back this up but it is a possibility I think.

Keep on cookin' and call me when its ready, I will keep trying until something changes.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
I am SO wanting to try some edibles for my gastric problems. But I have been told that it makes you pukey feeling,is that true? I smoke to get RID of the pukes and it works better than any RX the Drs have given me.

From my experience, that puky feeling comes from an overdose of THC. Ironic, I know! You just gotta test out your butter before cooking with it to know how strong it is. When I make cookies or breads, I use 1/2 cannabutter and 1/2 regular butter. Sometimes even 1/3 cannabutter and 2/3 regular butter. Its easy to over do it with the cannabutter. Just use it sparingly.

M

Marywanna

Yeah I thought that was kinda strange,too. But it seems that medibles would work for a longer amount of time than smoking. And I never thought about it combined with some of the RXs I take...........Seems like this needs more investigation.Maybe some more experiences with injesting,all I've ever eaten is brownies. They worked,but tasted horrible.That was a long time ago.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
Personaly, I prefer to cook with hash. It tastes alot better than cannabutter and easier to ration the doses. Plus, making cannabutter can be pretty messy. If I make cannabutter, I'll make like 3 or 4 lbs of it, and store it in the freezer. That way I dont have to make it again for a while.

I've tried to make butter a couple of times. I put it on toast. I forced myself to eat it. It tasted horrible and I didn't feel anything but nauseated by the taste. It was really planty. I have a lot of extra bud so I'm gonna try this one more time. What am I doing wrong that it taste like shit every time? What's the best way to cook it in order to mask the flavor? Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same experience.. I put the cannabutter into boiling water a second time and boiled it , let it chill, and removed the butter from the top,, a lot of the bad taste bits stayed in the water.. so it did improve the flavor..peace!!

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Cannabutter is awesome...as long as you like the high more than from smoking weed. You may have made them a little too weak to notice the high....smoking while you're eating edibles may make it hard to know how high they got you as well. I use around 50 grams of trim/bud mix for 1 1/2 sticks of butter. The budder I make is extremely potent...you can get high off a bite of my cookies. I like them that way because weaker cookies make my stomach hurt from having to eat more than 1 or 2 (stomach doesn't like sweets anymore).

Some people don't really like edibles though....my boyfriend doesn't care for the high they give him. He has vertigo and gets too dizzy from them....being more of a "narcotic/floaty" high. Someone like him would rather take his trim and make screen or bubble hash....to each his own! :)

I was dissapointed the first time I made budder....I used a strain I didn't like and made them way too weak. It really does pay to used some bud...that's the best tip I can give you. OH...and don't let your stuff boil over 180 degrees and don't bake over 350 to protect the THC.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Granted, we were smoking while eating.

Hi Jenapae, you broke rule number one, smoking while orally consuming.
At least initially you shouldn't smoke otherwise you can't determine if the butter is kicking in or not.
I've made it a few times, only once was I happy with the results.
I think it really depends upon the quality of material you start out with.
If there is little on the material going in, there will be little in the butter coming out.

Overall, I believe cannabutter has it's place such as indoor concerts, etc. but, on a normal day I can't see it being worthwhile.
Naturally, it depends on the quality of the material being used to make the butter.
If you use a few ounces of crystal-laden buds, you may get something worthwhile. If you are using the shake and leaf after a harvest, not the best method of extraction.
Personally, I can see if one took some dry sieve and then added it to their cooking butter.

I also think a step that has been left out of most recipes is in putting the material in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before being placed in the butter mixture. Freezing those trich's will allow them to fall off the leafy material much easier.

Take care,
Richard

K

ka0tik_kreati0n

ohhh I loved the feeling that the cannabutter brought on.. I swear I was high ALLL day on my birthday, when me and IW did it.... it lasted so much longer than smoking it

Latest posts

Latest posts