What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis grafting

Darpa

I would be interested in doing some experiment on arginate coated artificial seed….

May be a futur experiment…

Anybody interested?

Darpa

Darpa

Has anyone tried “cold fusion” yet? What I mean is grafting to an unrooted cutting and letting the graft heal while the clone roots.

Hi Hookahhead, I'm testing cold fusion at this moment and preliminary result are excellent. But to add a twist, I used 25 days old scions stored at 4 degree and graft them on unrooted cutting… :)

Hope this will answer your question.

Darpa

Florere

Fuck yeah I’m interested..

2 silly questions.

What you mean with 3x with your washes?

Like: soap-rinse-bleach-rinse and that’s one so two more times or
Soap-rinse-soap-rinse-soap-rinse that’s 3 and than the bleach-rinse 3x?

And what you mean with 10% bleach ?

Thanks

Darpa

Fuck yeah I’m interested..

2 silly questions.

What you mean with 3x with your washes?

Like: soap-rinse-bleach-rinse and that’s one so two more times or
Soap-rinse-soap-rinse-soap-rinse that’s 3 and than the bleach-rinse 3x?

And what you mean with 10% bleach ?

Thanks

Hi Florere,
the 3x with my wash mean Soap-rinse-soap-rinse-soap-rinse (for about 10 min) and then the bleach-rinse 3x for an other 10 minutes total.

I use comercial bleach that contain 12% sodium hypochlorite. I make a dilution of the comercial bleach solution to 1,2% sodium hypochlorite.

Ex: 100 ml of comercial bleach + 900 ml water

https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/technical-documents/protocols/biology/explant-sterilization.html

Darpa

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Wow, yeah I'd love to see that. I love these types of experiments and research. Pushing the boundries of the plant and making discoveries along the way.

Darpa

Hi Florere,
the 3x with my wash mean Soap-rinse-soap-rinse-soap-rinse (for about 10 min) and then the bleach-rinse 3x for an other 10 minutes total.

I use comercial bleach that contain 12% sodium hypochlorite. I make a dilution of the comercial bleach solution to 1,2% sodium hypochlorite.

Ex: 100 ml of comercial bleach + 900 ml water

https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/technical-documents/protocols/biology/explant-sterilization.html

Darpa

The desinfection - sterilisation of initial plant material is a crucial step since I've been working with heavely contaminated plant:

Last year I got my main grow room contaminated with aphnid, and I had to incorporate ladybugs to control the contamination. This was verry effective. However, this year, to avoid this problem, I use 3 different grow area (contaminated zone- decontamination zone and a clean zone).

Darpa

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hmm I've tried throwing a lady bird into the grow, but it just flew up into the HP's bulb and then fell back again crispy. How do you stop it raining dead lady birds in there?

Darpa

Hi IC Friends,

I deceided to test a different preservation method for the sub-zero cold storage of plant material.

This time sterilized scions were directly immerged in the CPA solution (30% glycerol) and were stored right away in the freezer without any acclimatation in the fridge….

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78479&pictureid=1999607&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78479&pictureid=1999608&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

We will see if this could be an alternate method for the cold storage of plant material for futur grafting experiment…

Darpa

A concentration of 30% glycerol in the CPA solution seem to work
just fine. The CPA soaked paper used to wrap the scions do not freeze at -20 celcius and the immerged scions do not show any sign of ice formation…:dance013:

Darpa

zif

Veteran
A concentration of 30% glycerol in the CPA solution seem to work
just fine.

Is there a step to rehydrate / wash the glycerol from the tissue prior to using the scions?

If you can just run with these, that's about as straightforward as cold storage could possibly be!

Darpa

Is there a step to rehydrate / wash the glycerol from the tissue prior to using the scions?

If you can just run with these, that's about as straightforward as cold storage could possibly be!

Hi Zif,
I think I'll try a 24h acclimatation at 4 degree then a cold water wash…

We will see how it turn out…

Darpa

Darpa

Update of the 3 seeding graft:

On the 3 seedling graft, one of them is a male and the other is a female, the third one in unknown at this time. If you guy remember, I made seeds croosing the BikerKush x (Original Glue4(GSC x TrainWreck) with one of the male scion of FaceOffxWTC grafted on the same plant. (post 322)

The FaceOffxWTC have a high trichome count even in vegging (see post 256) and it seem that it transfert this trait to the (FaceOff x WTC) x (BikerKush x (Original Glue4 x (GSC x TrainWreck)))

Here a some macro pic of the male branches:

Leaf:

Darpa

Darpa

Hi IC friend!

Here a some update!

A last marco photo of the (FaceOff x WTC) x (BikerKush x (Original Glue4 x (GSC x TrainWreck))) male:

I know about trichome types and expression - differentiation, but I'm wondering if some of the breeder out there have used Male Plant Trichome Density as one of their selecting tool... This would be interesting in a BX project....

Extream trichome density male (EDM) cross with high glandular tricome female. - Rating the high trichome density trait expression (1) (m#f) - Selecting High density female from (1) and crossing it back with the initial male EDM...Just thinking....

Ok UPDATE ON COLD STORAGE OF CANNABIS SCIONS FOR A GRAFTIN PORPOSE experiment (post 339 +)

Waxed tip scions stored at 4 degree for up to 35 days are still healthy and woud be accetable for grafting...(post 340)

I changed the paper towel and stored it back at 4 degree.

UPDATE ON THE GRAFTED 25 DAYS COLD STORAGE SCIONS ON UNROOTED ROOTSTOCK:

Plant look pretty good in general. I should have put the clones in a humidy dome instead of in mason jar... I got some fungus contamination, probably comming from the unsterilized clone rootstock plant material.,, and it affected few of the scions...

Some grafted clones already show nice roots proliferation as the graft is healing!

Cheer

Darpa

Darpa

Hey folk!

If some of you are interested in experimenting Cold Storage (fridge - freezer) trials...

Jump in!

I would be very happy to see how long we can preserve plant material (wich is not calculate in the plant count number) for grafting or grafting purpose at home....

Darpa

Pédetoddy

I did some graftings of frisian duck sicions in purple haze x malawi stock.
Mother plant
picture.php

Graftings
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82112&pictureid=2002453