What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CANNABIS CUP IS OFFICIALLY STARTED!

JBIG420

THIS YEARS CUP HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED
but it seems like there is drama already with not just the normal BS but the news about all the coffeeshop closures. Word is alot of the cup competitors will have to close down. The owners are all worried but also are putting on a seemingly much better effort for this years cup

anybody else in Amsterdam and checking out coffeeshops let me know whats good and some of your stories so far

mine would start with the most snow i have ever seen at a cannabis cup... today walking to the metro from the powerzone i nearly slipped 1000 times on the white streets that were oh so slippy and icy

usually rain is a big enough pain... snow is making me not want to walk around

tried the Grey Area and Dampkring entries today and they are both nice enough. I kinda like the Grey Martian, the Fruitcake from Dampkring was ok and it looked very nice.

also got a number of other strains not competing, some were pretty good

what have you tried?
and did you see these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOaS8PNjFpQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7OaAncu0T8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRbiday7s6o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnPHvYxqSqY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q69mvs1J8LM

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Lucky Bahstahds... I have been to AMS countless times, and never got snowed upon. No matter how hard I wished.....

Will be there next week, tho... Maybe it will happen then.

Have fun, Y'all, on the Cannabis Scavenger Hunt, I will miss this one for the first time in 3 years...

Post the good strains, so I will know what I missed, next week, when all I hear, "It is all gone, from the Cup."lol

B

British_Bulldog

Have a great time all :rasta:

I wish I was there with you, but unfortunately I have to work in this period :badday:

Smoke a fattie for me, won't y'all :D

Peace

JBIG420

Strain list (not for the cup just what i have tried so far in 3 days)

Chocolope
B.B. Cheese
Amnesia Haze
Blue Cheese
Crimea Blue
Mako Haze
Recon
Honey B
Top Dawg
Budah's Sister (directly from Soma)

and these cup entries I have also purchased so far
Grey Martian - Grey Area & DNA Genetics
Super Lemon Haze - Greenhouse
Fruitcake - Dampkring
Utopia Haze - Barney's

and i am amazed to say it, but so far for me Greenhouse has the best entry... i know... i know...

but it is good for real this time, i was as shocked as anyone

(also, seems like Barneys isnt even trying to win this year. I went over there and told them I was a judge and they didnt seem to have anything special going on... no free goodie bag or anything they usually have and i noticed instead of the canvas bags they had made paper bags- but i did also see their entry being sold at Amnesia... kinda weird)

mr.haze420

Veteran
barney's goodie bag is at the barney's farm shop on the corner and then you go to the coffeeshop for the free samples. yes, the gh lemon haze is very tasty

JBIG420

today i went to over half of the places entered
most of the herb is good but not great
still gotta bust them all back out and have a real good look BUT

I gotta say off the top of my head its NOW either Green Place or Tweede Kamer that has the absolute best herb entry this time around

A seeming similar cut to last years Chocolope from Grey Area is at Green Place AND... what i am leaning toward as the best... some MURDEROUS batch of LA Confidential at Tweede Kamer (no line by the way)

i love the cup and have come to amsterdam before and in the spring etc, there is still a great time to be had here at cup that is not like any other time and i know a good bit about cannabis and all the bs politics of the cup and etc and I still like it

JBIG420

also... here is the list

also... here is the list

THE CANNABIS CUP

COFFEESHOP STRAIN NAME
Barney's Utopia Haze
Bluebird Starwarz
Boerejongens S5 Juice
The Bushdocter Lemnesia
De Dampkring Fruitcake
The Dolphins White Dolphin
Greenhouse United Super Lemon Haze
Greenplace Chocolope
Grey Area Grey Martian
Homegrown Fantasy Cheese
Katsu Black Widow
De Kroom Blue Magic
Mellow Yellow Bubbel Gum Haze
The Noon S5
Resin Triple X
De Rokerij Brainstorm Haze x G13
Rookies Rosiha (Rookies Silver Haze)
El Torro Choco Loop
De Tweede Kamer L.A. Confidential
420 Café 420 Haze

IMPORT HASH

COFFEESHOP HASH NAME
Amnesia Shiraz
Barney’s Triple Zero
Bluebird Super Cream
Boerejongens Aalin Grand Cru
The Bushdocter Aslama
De Dampkring Rifman’s Shibani Amber
The Dolphins Royal Dolphin
Greenhouse Coffeeshop Greenhouse Super Palm
Green Palace Twizzla
Mellow Yellow Size 7 1/5 Inch
Noon Size 7 1/5 Inch
Resin Maroc Royal
De Rokerij Royal Cream Gold
Rusland Indian Delight (Melana Cream)

NEDERHASH

COFFEESHOP HASH NAME
Barney’s Royal Jelly
Betty Boop MK Hash Ultra
The Bushdocter Blackberry Cheese
De Dampkring Waterworks
Greenhouse Coffeeshop Greenhouse Ice
Grey Area Grey Crystal
Hy-Pro Amnesia

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
yo jBig,,,,try stop by barneys farm:::

usualy im not a fan,,,but im curious to hear how that new strain

"Red Dragon" smokes >>> they made a big deal about it in hightimes

so im curious if it is just HYPE,,,or if the strain is worth a cycle or two...

B

baccas125

Has anyone seen Peter UK yet if so let him know baccas125 says hello.

H

Hazeseeker

buttyrekka said:
i thought soma was entering kushadelic/cambodian haze?...dont see them on the list of entrys...
yeah that's what i was thinking as well:yes:,
remember reading a few weeks back it was a choice between the 2,
i had the chance to smoke some of Soma's Amnesia Haze the past couple of weeks,
really well grown 'erb, taste is amazing, i'm definately gonna try and make room to grow some of Soma's gear in '09 :joint:

buttyrekka

yep hazeseeker i got big love for the sativas..was thinkin cambodian haze for maybe my next grow...if i was a betting man (hehe) i was thinkin cambodian haze maybe a cup winner..

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
JBIG420 said:
...but it seems like there is drama already with not just the normal BS but the news about all the coffeeshop closures. Word is alot of the cup competitors will have to close down.

What's that? Can someone elaborate on the coffeeshop closures? Is this just because it's too competitive or are there legal regulations encroaching on their ability to conduct business? What's the dealio?

By the way, anyone out at the cup: enjoy yourselves. Amsterdam is my home away from home...truly love that place. Would like to hop a plane right this minute and get out there...hmmmmmmm....may have to consider that seriously.

Enjoy!!!

P.S.-if I don't get out there....someone purchase a Barney's hat....put it up for sale on Ebay or send me a PM....I'd gladly pay a premium for one of those lids....forgot to get one on my last trip out.

G

grapepunched

they are trying to shut the shops down that are close to schools...
which is about 20% of them... i think h3ad made a thread in tokers den...
you stoner! :bashhead: :rasta: jk man but yea thats why

JBIG420

Soma is entered in the SEED Company Cup as I understand it, not the "Cannabis Cup" or "Coffeeshop Cup" as it is also sometimes called

he has free vapor hits and hash hits at his booth