What's new

Cannabis - Britains secret farms

Stihl Stoned

Hi folks, Sounds interesting this...

Cannabis: Britain's Secret Farms

airing on BBC 3 - (tomorrow) Thursday 21st Jan at 9pm

In 2002, Britain produced 15 per cent of its own cannabis. In 2010 that figure is 90 per cent, and police around the country raid at least three factories every day. Organised gangs are cashing in on widespread demand for cannabis among Britain's youth by setting up sophisticated factories in suburban homes and disused warehouses. Research shows a third of the UK's 15-year-olds have tried cannabis and a quarter of young people aged 16-24 smoke it regularly.
Presenter Rickie Haywood-Williams journeys beyond the scaremongering headlines to find out the true impact of the UK's skunk-smoking habit. Rickie accompanies Avon and Somerset police on raids, and rides in a heat-seeking helicopter as it uncovers cannabis farms with hi-tech thermal imaging equipment. He also meets a landlord who was horrified to find his tenant was in fact part of an organised gang who were farming cannabis in every bedroom of his house.
Rickie's journey also includes a trip to Amsterdam and meetings with some of the UK's three million smokers, from those who fiercely defend their habit to others who regret the effect it has had on their lives.

Hopefully not more of this 'killer skunk' b.s

SS

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
cant be any worse than bbc scotlands "hash in the attic"... that was a right proper gander!

T

tonto

cant be any worse than bbc scotlands "hash in the attic"... that was a right proper gander!

that was terrible.

it went from being the usual funny bullshit and lies to a point where it was painful to watch.cringe

H

Hazyfontazy

worth the watch just to find out what technologhy theyre willing to show us :whistling:

get the tin hats out boys lol

rocket high

Veteran
seems like there's no real ..balance in journalism at all
THEY ALL DEMONISE CANNABIS ... coz the government tells them to or else .. it stinks :(

B

buddymate

Same old same old,give it a miss and watch robson greens extreme fishing methinks :whee:

E

elmanito

by Melanie Philips - Liberalising or legalising drug use means more drug use, not less; more wrecked lives with more young people enslaved to addictive and brain-destroying substances; more terrible harm from the consequences of such use to society in general; and no reduction in crime, which arises not just from the mafia cartels (which would not disappear) nor just from the need to obtain money to buy drugs but from the effects (paranoia, aggression, moral deadening) of the drugs themselves

She probably never heard of the more liberal drugs policies in Portugal, Spain etc.Average use of Cannabis in the EU is 7%, although the Netherlands has coffeeshops for individuals 18 yrs and older the average use is 5%, so what is she talking about.:moon:

http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/publications/annual-report/2009

Namaste :smoweed: :canabis:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
yeah.....I'd rather watch extreme fishing than anti-cannabis propaganda anyday.....

....good call buddymate

V1AAA

they are wrong about alot of things

for starters theres still alot of import skunk on the streets. probably 60% or more. worst thing is theres still "shit on it"... be it flour, sugar, or spray

Hi folks, Sounds interesting this...

Cannabis: Britain's Secret Farms

airing on BBC 3 - (tomorrow) Thursday 21st Jan at 9pm

In 2002, Britain produced 15 per cent of its own cannabis. In 2010 that figure is 90 per cent, and police around the country raid at least three factories every day. Organised gangs are cashing in on widespread demand for cannabis among Britain's youth by setting up sophisticated factories in suburban homes and disused warehouses. Research shows a third of the UK's 15-year-olds have tried cannabis and a quarter of young people aged 16-24 smoke it regularly.
Presenter Rickie Haywood-Williams journeys beyond the scaremongering headlines to find out the true impact of the UK's skunk-smoking habit. Rickie accompanies Avon and Somerset police on raids, and rides in a heat-seeking helicopter as it uncovers cannabis farms with hi-tech thermal imaging equipment. He also meets a landlord who was horrified to find his tenant was in fact part of an organised gang who were farming cannabis in every bedroom of his house.
Rickie's journey also includes a trip to Amsterdam and meetings with some of the UK's three million smokers, from those who fiercely defend their habit to others who regret the effect it has had on their lives.

Hopefully not more of this 'killer skunk' b.s

SS

Chronic777

I don't get why so many of you aren't going to watch it, an inside look over enemy lines & your not gonna take a peek?

I think it should be interesting at least to see the thermal imaging in action, obviously watching people get raided is gonna be a bit nerve wrecking, but id like to see what they're going after, bedroom grows, grow houses etc...

I watched an episode of one of those british cop programs & they went into the guys house on suspicion of stolen goods, but found 10 plants, they obviously knew about the plants & used the old 'suspected stolen goods' as a way to get a warrant as they couldn't get enough evidence for the plants... they obviously didn't find any stolen goods, the guy got a caution

rocket high

Veteran
well am going to watch it as you say chronic777 a look over enemy lines is always a good thing ... then again i don't want to boost the beebs ratings .. and encourage more of this shit ... :smoweed:

DoubleJ

I don't get why so many of you aren't going to watch it, an inside look over enemy lines & your not gonna take a peek?

I think it should be interesting at least to see the thermal imaging in action, obviously watching people get raided is gonna be a bit nerve wrecking, but id like to see what they're going after, bedroom grows, grow houses etc...

I watched an episode of one of those british cop programs & they went into the guys house on suspicion of stolen goods, but found 10 plants, they obviously knew about the plants & used the old 'suspected stolen goods' as a way to get a warrant as they couldn't get enough evidence for the plants... they obviously didn't find any stolen goods, the guy got a caution

Because its always the same old rehashed bullshit lies. I just end up getting infuriated with the telly. Not worth the effort.

Latest posts

Latest posts