What's new

cannabis ban in Amsterdam?

Rider420

yup. if anyone is happy, someone else is taking a fucking. still illegal here, very. but i don't know anyone "living in fear" either. have not bought from anyone i did not know for over forty years, not gonna change that even if it becomes legal and is on the shelves at WalMart...
You too scared to buy cannabis from a stranger but your not living in fear. :giggle:
More than 300,000 people were arrested for cannabis possession in 2020. Denying it can happen to you makes it more likely to happen.
Driving home from the dealer or just sitting in your house you never know if some cop is going to pull you over or come to your house looking for a criminal in the area.
But it is getting better FYI Police officers made about 663,000 arrests for marijuana-related offenses in the 50 states and the District of Columbia in 2018, amounting to 40% of the 1.65 million total drug arrests in the U.S. that year (the most recent for which data is available).

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
You too scared to buy cannabis from a stranger but your not living in fear.
LOL! you'd better go put words in someone else's mouth. i don't have to buy from strangers. damn near everyone i know smokes, several grow, and i've bought most of my pot (that i bought instead of growing) from the same guy off and on for over forty years...no, no fear here. :ROFLMAO:

moose eater

LOL! you'd better go put words in someone else's mouth. i don't have to buy from strangers. damn near everyone i know smokes, several grow, and i've bought most of my pot (that i bought instead of growing) from the same guy off and on for over forty years...no, no fear here. :ROFLMAO:
Back before we were legal, we had protection for possession in public of up to one oz. between May 1975 and March 1983.

When traveling with larger weight, lbs. qp's, whatever, it was sealed multiple times, placed in a cooler along side other coolers in the bed of the truck, and the canopy locked.

If it's not in immediate reach of the driver, i.e., in a separate compartment, secured, then a warrant is required.

The law can be your friend if you're aware of what it says..

To this day I'm cognizant of where the dope is at. As I've told Canadian friends years ago, as a matter of drug culture wisdom, "Always know where your dope's at. The time to ask yourself where you put it is NOT when the red and blue bubbles are strobing in the rear view."

And even though we're 'legal' now, having any stash in reach of the driver or passengers is the same as having an open container of alcohol. Except if they test blood, and there's enough trace there to say it's in your system, even though blood tests are not an adequate test for impairment where THC is concerned, you can get hit with a citation for driving impaired. Seriously bad news.

Legal or not, stash the dope some place that Johnny Law has to jump through hoops to search.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Back before we were legal, we had protection for possession in public of up to one oz. between May 1975 and March 1983.

When traveling with larger weight, lbs. qp's, whatever, it was sealed multiple times, placed in a cooler along side other coolers in the bed of the truck, and the canopy locked.

If it's not in immediate reach of the driver, i.e., in a separate compartment, secured, then a warrant is required.

The law can be your friend if you're aware of what it says..

To this day I'm cognizant of where the dope is at. As I've told Canadian friends years ago, as a matter of drug culture wisdom, "Always know where your dope's at. The time to ask yourself where you put it is NOT when the red and blue bubbles are strobing in the rear view."

And even though we're 'legal' now, having any stash in reach of the driver or passengers is the same as having an open container of alcohol. Except if they test blood, and there's enough trace there to say it's in your system, even though blood tests are not an adequate test for impairment where THC is concerned, you can get hit with a citation for driving impaired. Seriously bad news.

Legal or not, stash the dope some place that Johnny Law has to jump through hoops to search.
My friend in Montana says the big thing there since legalization is issuing out DUIs, which to me is just silly. Personally I find myself to be a much better driver when im stoned. I dont speed near as much and I havent had a single road rage incident in 10 years.

moose eater

Here are 20,000 objects found in a recent subway dig in Amsterdam with descriptions. I see a hash pipe or two . . . Below the Surface
As we were leaving A-Dam for Shleswig (spelling?) Germany by train, via Hamburg, to visit my wife's school mate, I had a 1/4 oz. of good black Afghani and a smaller wooden canoe-style pipe, and was given a variety of conflicting information about the border betwen Holland and Germany when crossing via train, November 1991.

The EU was not yet settled, but most were acting as though it was already formalized. Still, at that time, the reality of the border in reference was a mystery to me.

Some said the border had patrols with dogs and automatic weapons (turned out they were trying to scare us/me), and the other end of the continuum of reports, the more honest reports, stated that the train merely slowed down or stopped, spent a few minutes, then went on its way unless there was a problem. (More or less what happened).

We'd already exchanged all of our Dutch Guildens for Marks and I had to use the restroom in a -serious- way (a paid feature at Dam Central Station then), and was already paranoid about the 1/4 oz of good 'shish, not knowing who or what to believe.

Walked/hobbled briskly in a near panic, back to the currency exchange booth with legs crossed tightly (still wearing a leg brace from knee surgery earlier that Fall), exchanged a small amount of German currency for Dutch currency, as the restrooms at Dam Central Square were pay restrooms with a live attendant back then, sitting out in front of the restroom with a table and a dish to place coins in.

Plopped my Dutch coins into the bowl, and entered the restroom in the nick of time.

Sitting there, in a large, bright white restroom with very tall walls, sitting on the commode, thinking about the amount of contraband that likely flows through there, and whether or not the place might be wired, I decided to place the wooden pipe and half of my 1/4-oz of Afghani 'shish in the trash can next to me, wondering if I might be on surveillance of some sort, and ate the remaining ~1/8-oz. of the Afghani hash.

HUGE error.

I spent the trip (a milk run with several train changes, already behind schedule, thus necessitating making brisk changes from train to train, carrying a shitload of heavy luggage) nodding like I was on a heavy dose of heroin. Sitting in a public compartment of the car, sharing space with others, my chin bouncing off my chest repeatedly like I was on 'the nod.' The various service persons coming around with coffee and beer carts, me barely able to answer, and my wife, no doubt, embarassed to no end.

A learning experience in many ways. :)

Last edited:

moose eater

My friend in Montana says the big thing there since legalization is issuing out DUIs, which to me is just silly. Personally I find myself to be a much better driver when im stoned. I dont speed near as much and I havent had a single road rage incident in 10 years.
They're chronically 'revenuing' in some places. Give them -nothing- to go on..

Rider420

Sure buddy and the guy you buy your pot from for forty years does he have hundreds of choices of flower, hash, edibles and drinks?
FYI 2.5 grams of opioid, meth, cocaine and MDMA are now decimalized here in BC does your dealer have those to? Or are you too afraid to even try them? Yes meth is fun for music festivals cocaine is great to party on opioids are great for a treat now and then and MDMA is fun for the weekends. But be careful MDMA is as addictive as cannabis LOL! But make no mistake meth coke and opioids are as addictive as tobacco or alcohol if used on daily or weekly but are not carcinogenic.
BTW since decriminalization the only notable effect is there is now lots of rehab places available since the courts are no longer forcing users to choose between jail or rehab.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Sure buddy and the guy you buy your pot from for forty years does he have hundreds of choices of flower, hash, edibles and drinks?
FYI 2.5 grams of opioid, meth, cocaine and MDMA are now decimalized here in BC does your dealer have those to? Or are you too afraid to even try them? Yes meth is fun for music festivals cocaine is great to party on opioids are great for a treat now and then and MDMA is fun for the weekends. But be careful MDMA is as addictive as cannabis LOL! But make no mistake meth coke and opioids are as addictive as tobacco or alcohol if used on daily or weekly but are not carcinogenic.
BTW since decriminalization the only notable effect is there is now lots of rehab places available since the courts are no longer forcing users to choose between jail or rehab.
you haven't named a drug yet that i haven't tried, "buddy". and you left out more that i have, lol. i don't need or want "hundreds" of choices. and yeah, he has hash and edibles. i make oil, have since high school back when the rocks were soft. now, go fuck yourself asshole. i'm sorry that you think it is fun to "assume" things about folks you'll never have the pleasure of meeting. remember the old saw about "assuming"? probably not, before your time. anyway, have fun.

Rider420

you haven't named a drug yet that i haven't tried, "buddy". and you left out more that i have, lol. i don't need or want "hundreds" of choices. and yeah, he has hash and edibles. i make oil, have since high school back when the rocks were soft. now, go fuck yourself asshole. i'm sorry that you think it is fun to "assume" things about folks you'll never have the pleasure of meeting. remember the old saw about "assuming"? probably not, before your time. anyway, have fun.
LOL All bought from the same guy you buy your weed from eh. I'm sure he has the equipment to test drugs for purity LOL good luck buddy.
BTW who wants choices or quality control eh its not like your government is poising the precursors for illicit drugs. :devilish:

History repeats:

The little-told story of how the U.S. government poisoned alcohol during Prohibition with deadly consequences.​

I always find it hilarious how people are opposed to any change even when its obvious that its in thier best interests.

Last edited:

moose eater

LOL All bought from the same guy you buy your weed from eh. I'm sure he has the equipment to test drugs for purity LOL good luck buddy.
BTW who wants choices or quality control eh its not like your government is poising the precursors for illicit drugs. :devilish:

History repeats:

The little-told story of how the U.S. government poisoned alcohol during Prohibition with deadly consequences.​

I always find it hilarious how people are opposed to any change even when its obvious that its in thier best interests.
I don't think he was commenting regarding opposing change. I believe he was pointing out somewhat rude ideosynchroses and presumptuousness.

Last edited:

Rider420

I don't think he was commenting regarding opposing change. I believe he was pointing out somewhat rude ideosynchroses and presumptuousness.
Ahh do I offend? Just because I don't like the fact that people are dying from drugs bought off the black market?

"Toxic drugs were responsible for an average of 189 deaths per month in 2022, or 6.2 lost lives each and every day. The final number for 2022 will almost certainly increase as investigations are completed and final causes of death are established."

Yet you support the black market why? Because your still in the game buddy and everyone knows it. I might be presumptuous but the odds are I'm right why else would you support the black market over legal shops when 6 people die per day. Why would anyone want to fund gangs and criminals when they have a choice? MONEY!

Laugh it up moose eater six deaths a day is just so funny eh. Just another pissed off grower, dealer who's cash cow is slipping away.

Last edited:

moose eater

Ahh do I offend? Just because I don't like the fact that people are dying from drugs bought off the black market?
"Toxic drugs were responsible for an average of 189 deaths per month in 2022, or 6.2 lost lives each and every day. The final number for 2022 will almost certainly increase as investigations are completed and final causes of death are established."
Yet you support the black market why? Because your still in the game buddy and everyone knows it.
You offend because of, or by way of your presumptuousness about people you don't know, have never met, and, at this rate, probably never will meet.

I haven't bought anything from the Black Market in decades that I can think of. Though I've been gifted some items a couple times over the last decade.

I've made my own hash for over 24 years, my own extract for nearly that long (though refined my processes with the help of others here over the last several years), grow my own mushrooms when I feel the urge (have two chambers set up on a nearly fully-automated system), and grow my own weed off and on for going on a half century or more; full-time for somewhat less time than that.

If you're not aware of the offensiveness of your style of interaction and dialogue, it might be a good idea to take a time-out from getting high on what ever it is you prefer to be high on, and ask yourself some serious questions about the posture you often assume in interacting with others. It's been your style on these boards ever since I read your first comments; accusing others of being narcs, of engaging in things they aren't engaging in, and more. Nearly always side-stepping any personal accountability in your contributing to these confrontations.

In short, you're often 'quick on the trigger' with stuff you don't have a clue about, often in an accusatory tone. And yes, some/many find that offfensive. I'd be shocked if this is completely new information to you.

Edit: By the way, as a licensed clinician preceding the last 20 years, I've been a drug policy reformer (for all drugs) since what I'm guessing is nearly as long as you've been alive, and have a family member who runs a harm reduction clinic. We've both attended the North American Syringe Exchange Conference(s) years ago, and more... When you take the time to read and 'hear' others, it's sometimes surprising what information you can glean before jumping out with unfounded assumptions.

Last edited:

Rider420

Sure buddy I piss off narcs and growers who hate legalization. Your either one or the other. Prove me wrong tell me why on earth would you want criminals to profit from cannabis and other drugs. 6 people die each day from black market drugs but you support them why?
Well?
Laugh it up buddy while 6 people die each day from black market drugs.

moose eater

Sure buddy I piss off narc and growers who hate legalization. Your either one or the other. Prove me wrong tell me why on earth would you want criminals to profit from cannabis and other drugs.
Well?
And you do it again, apparently without even knowing you're doing it.

Bye.

moose eater

Sure buddy I piss off narcs and growers who hate legalization. Your either one or the other. Prove me wrong tell me why on earth would you want criminals to profit from cannabis and other drugs. 6 people die each day from black market drugs but you support them why?
Well?
I worked for legalization (and or medicalization) of all recreational vices for over 40 years in Alaska and elsewhere, to the detriment of my professional standing, as well as adding unwanted surveillance to my family's lives and my own.

I could go on about my own credentials, but in your case it would be pointless.

And I've never been your 'buddy'. I typically avoid rude pricks as much as possible, not withstanding giving them the benefit of the doubt in discourse, which you shrug aside, whether with me or with others, and continue with your presumptuous rudeness.

That said, fuck off.

Latest posts

Latest posts