What's new

Cannabis and Small Cell Lung Cancer: Case Report

I just want to address the issue that some people even in good health, people who do not have habbits like ours or even any bad habbits at all develope cancer, even lung cancer... some person said that tar alone causes lung cancer... that is not even close to accurate... there are many things that lead to cancer... sometimes there is no cause that can be found.... This guy has something physical going on with his body on a dna level that probably caused that. one "bad" habbit and its the reason for his cancer.... are you kidding me... i guess were all doomed here at ICmag.... I think most of the people here probably smoke that much or more every day.... "im thinking more about vaping and not smokin" yeah me too only because teeth whitening is a pain in my ass.....

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Interesting ... makes me think more about only vaping and not smoking ...

Case Report:
Small Cell Lung Cancer in a 26-Year-Old Man with Significant Cannabis Exposure
Suzanne Graef, MB, ChB; Chuan Gee Choo, MB, ChB; Adrian Warfield, MB, ChB, FRCP; Michael Cullen, BSc, MB, ChB, MD, FRCP; and Ian Woolhouse, MB, ChB, MD, FRCP
Journal of Thoracic Oncology • Volume 6, Number 1, January 2011

:tiphat:

Uhh... using the same rigorous scientific study methods I could say that this particular worm crossing the sidewalk probably represents a huge worm migration event. *sigh*

There are MOUNTAINS of research studies from perfectly reputable scientists that point to this study being garbage.

Nothing to see here folks... move along.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
"im thinking more about vaping and not smokin" yeah me too only because teeth whitening is a pain in my ass.....

The newest versions of Crest whitening are great. Just brush 1 - 2 times a day and the bong hits are cleaned away!

Probably a better chance of getting cancer from these super chemical based toothpastes, but fuck if I'm going to give up my bong for a vape.

:joint:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I think it has to due to cannabis being a 'sacred cow' of many people here, cannabis is above reproach for many people. Sadly, biases play a major role here ...

That said, I do not agree it's a forgone conclusion that smoking cannabis causes cancer. I'm firmly sitting on the fence, until more conclusive data is available.

Hate to break it to you but.... there's plenty of conclusive data. After 3 years of research, on this particular subject, cannabis does NOT "Cause" lung cancer.

There are literally THOUSANDS of studies that have been done... get your reading glasses on and keep searching.

:wave:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
5) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER (PART I): Federal researchers implanted
several types of cancer, including leukemia and lung cancers, in mice, then treated them with
cannabinoids (unique, active components found in marijuana). THC and other cannabinoids
shrank tumors and increased the mice's lifespans. Munson, AE et al. Antineoplastic Activity of
Cannabinoids. Journal of the National Cancer Institute. Sept. 1975. p. 597-602.
4) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER, (PART II): In a 1994 study the
government tried to suppress, federal researchers gave mice and rats massive doses of THC,
looking for cancers or other signs of toxicity. The rodents given THC lived longer and had fewer
cancers, "in a dose-dependent manner" (i.e. the more THC they got, the fewer tumors). NTP
Technical Report On The Toxicology And Carcinogenesis Studies Of 1-Trans-
Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, CAS No. 1972-08-3, In F344/N Rats And B6C3F Mice, Gavage
Studies. See also, "Medical Marijuana: Unpublished Federal Study Found THC-Treated Rats
Lived Longer, Had Less Cancer," AIDS Treatment News no. 263, Jan. 17, 1997.
3) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER (PART III): Researchers at the
Kaiser-Permanente HMO, funded by NIDA, followed 65,000 patients for nearly a decade,
comparing cancer rates among non-smokers, tobacco smokers, and marijuana smokers.
Tobacco smokers had massively higher rates of lung cancer and other cancers. Marijuana
smokers who didn't also use tobacco had no increase in risk of tobacco-related cancers or of
cancer risk overall. In fact their rates of lung and most other cancers were slightly lower than
non-smokers, though the difference did not reach statistical significance. Sidney, S. et al.
Marijuana Use and Cancer Incidence (California, United States). Cancer Causes and Control.
Vol. 8. Sept. 1997, p. 722-728.
2) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER (PART IV): Donald Tashkin, a UCLA
researcher whose work is funded by NIDA, did a case-control study comparing 1,200 patients
with lung, head and neck cancers to a matched group with no cancer. Even the heaviest
marijuana smokers had no increased risk of cancer, and had somewhat lower cancer risk than
non-smokers (tobacco smokers had a 20-fold increased lung cancer risk). Tashkin D. Marijuana

http://archives.hempembassy.net/hem...ies-government-wished-it-had-never-funded.pdf

Latest posts

Latest posts