What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis and Crohns or any IBD

exoticrobotic

There's certainly a lot of shit in prepackaged food.

I'm still feeling the effects of a store bought chicken burger a week or so ago.

Milk chocolate is terrible for me and i've just eaten a large bar of Cadburys fruit and nut :whistle:

Jordan237

On a non-cannabis angle, Polysorbate-60 and Polysorbate-80 are known to weaken the bond between cells. In the gut this causes leaky gut which increases chrons and Ibs issues. It works on the blood brain barrier to allow toxins and cancer cells through.

It's in vitamins, shampoo and soaps, ice creams, sauces, dairy products, drinks and more. The crap is everywhere and in almost everything.

It also causes mood instability and logic issues, which I believe contributes HEAVILY to the number of Karen's in the population.

Basically, and especially if you have digestion issues, I strongly recommend avoiding those substances. You'll have a much better life. ;)
Spot on thanks for the knowledge man much appreciated🙏🏼💚

exoticrobotic

Weed from the black market can make my stomach worse.

Being in between harvests i've had a few really nice bits but i've also had some with awful effects like

Not being able to breathe
Intense tooth pain
Intense joint/nerve pain
Stomach mobility slowed.

Fuck knows what goes into some of it.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Food mfgs ate allowed up to a half gram of sorbate in 100 grams of most food products. To me this is insane.

Oh yeah... they also significantly increase the "wtf did I walk into this room for?" effect.

Cuddles

Thanks for your observations I’ll potentially try and reduce my intake see if it helps but I’d rather be medicated and put up with it a bit than be sober and uncomfortable.. I haven’t tried completely smoking no but I also only smoke cannabis I don’t mix with tobacco I hate the stuff.. I’m currently getting the infusions which do help a fair bit I’m actually having my 4th one tomorrow and was given Octasa to take daily which do seem to help but I’m not a fan of taking pharmaceuticals so would like to try find other sources but for now I’ll keep with it until I get into ‘remission’ as I can’t go back up spending hours a day on the toilet and was wasting away due to not being able to absorb nutrients quick enough before everything went through me😞 I have found some relief with smoking cbd rich strains and come cookie strains particularly MAC as it helps with the uncomfortableness and it’s mellow enough to function all day but I’m pretty much out of the mac now😕
I’m quite lucky I don’t get the munchies and stick to a healthy diet as well as intermittent fast which I’ve found helps a lot as well.. if you haven’t tried intermittent fasting I highly recommend it🙌🏼 hope they come up with an actual cure at some point so we all don’t have to suffer🙏🏼
Your pancreas could be affected somehow. -?? Have you tried taking pancreatin to help with digestion and food absorption?
I don´t have chrohns but IBS (probably thanks to some antibiotics I had to take ) . I started taking Kijimea, pancreatin 2000 (NOW foods). They really help a lot! Recently about 6-8 weeks ago I added collagen and hyaluronic acid as well and my abdomen feels even calmer.
I have no iea if the last two supps can help with Crohns but it can´t hurt to try them for a little while :)

I also take a probiotic supp and that has also made a difference overall. I just started a new one called Flobiotica from Nuvi Health this weekend and so far, so good. I choose it because it contains 24 strains. My previous one had 20.

A healthy diet with lots of fibre and easy to digest food is also a must, but you already know that, right :)
Oats can be helpful if you have too much fluid in your BMs.

Cvh

Supermod
Anyone experience with ingesting CBD oil? Don't have Crohn myself but I'm curious about the effects of CBD on the illness.

Last edited:

NEED 4 SEED

I'd still say you could try 3 weeks without cannabis and see if it's getting any better. For me it's always helping to stay abstinent when I got a cold or any other circumstance that makes smoking unpleasant or avoidable like being in a hospital under pain medication, something like that.
It's the one thing you didn't try yet.

Latest posts

Latest posts