What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Act

Jonny Lan

Agreed. Price for med cards is gonna go through the roof but, as stated in C45 inspectors are coming. Whether its a med legal grow or an authorized 4 plant grow, those inspectors are coming. And, in that legislation they can bring in with them whoever they want. Thats gonna include electrical inspectors, fire inspectors, if you have kids, Child services, etc,etc,etc. This is about greater control over a portion of the population they see as addicts and gangsters they are gonna squeeze every dime outta or put them in a cage. They will be notifying insurance companies also. I understand saying "fuck the man' and going on and getting on but, ive done time and even the possibility of 14 years makes my ass pucker a bit. Thats a long bit. Fuck, even the 5 less a day is stretch. 6 months, who the fuck wants to do that? This shit is getting worse, not better.
And on that note, ill probably be leaving sites like this soon.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Easy constitutional challenge on the seed deal, where did lps get their seeds from? They imported them, so if they imported them, why can Canadians not also import the same genetics which are cheaper to buy from the source rather than the lp? There was no testing or regulatory reason they were buying those seeds, just they thought it would bring them the most money for those strains. Conroy and Tousaw are going to be busy as hell and ripping apart the bill in no time, Blair will look as foolish as he should and everyone else on the task force.

troutman

Seed Whore
Easy constitutional challenge on the seed deal, where did lps get their seeds from? They imported them, so if they imported them, why can Canadians not also import the same genetics which are cheaper to buy from the source rather than the lp? There was no testing or regulatory reason they were buying those seeds, just they thought it would bring them the most money for those strains. Conroy and Tousaw are going to be busy as hell and ripping apart the bill in no time, Blair will look as foolish as he should and everyone else on the task force.

Then it should be an easy constitutional challenge for growing more than 4 plants
for a person who is currently doctor approved to have medical Cannabis.

Reason: To my knowledge Cannabis is not covered by any drug plans. Which forces poor people
to spend their food money to get help. So by growing a person in need is not punished by the
undue hardship of purchasing medicine at the risk of putting his health further down the toilet.

Also, wasn't this so call fanciful legalization a way to stop organised crime from selling cannabis?
Well enabling another group of people to grow to make profit off the poor isn't helping anyone and
no different to me.

Jonnysact

I know so we are doing our best to understand these new regulations just based on what we've gathered so far, but does this mean any real change for us who order seeds online? Like, I order from true north seedbank for my personal grows. Will this become more difficult to do in the future?

I'm reading some people asking if they should buy all their seeds now before the laws change, but what's going to be different? Seeds I order online are generally discreetly packaged as it is. Albeit they have my credit card information for the purchase with my name, etc... What's changing guys? Help a bro understand.

Gmack

I know so we are doing our best to understand these new regulations just based on what we've gathered so far, but does this mean any real change for us who order seeds online? Like, I order from true north seedbank for my personal grows. Will this become more difficult to do in the future?

I'm reading some people asking if they should buy all their seeds now before the laws change, but what's going to be different? Seeds I order online are generally discreetly packaged as it is. Albeit they have my credit card information for the purchase with my name, etc... What's changing guys? Help a bro understand.

Well thry want to be able to put you in prison for upto 7 years for importing seeds under the new legislation so that's what's changing. This chart shows the perposed new offenses https://www.facebook.com/larsen.dana/posts/10155093272481544?pnref=story.unseen-section

Jonnysact

Thank you for that Gwack!! I will share this info with my MJ community.

But what's the current penalty for ordering seeds online?

Agreed. Price for med cards is gonna go through the roof but, as stated in C45 inspectors are coming. Whether its a med legal grow or an authorized 4 plant grow, those inspectors are coming. And, in that legislation they can bring in with them whoever they want. Thats gonna include electrical inspectors, fire inspectors, if you have kids, Child services, etc,etc,etc. This is about greater control over a portion of the population they see as addicts and gangsters they are gonna squeeze every dime outta or put them in a cage. They will be notifying insurance companies also. I understand saying "fuck the man' and going on and getting on but, ive done time and even the possibility of 14 years makes my ass pucker a bit. Thats a long bit. Fuck, even the 5 less a day is stretch. 6 months, who the fuck wants to do that? This shit is getting worse, not better.
Except they dont have the time or resources to do it. Theres a SIX month wait for a REGISTRATION for med patients. So where will they find the time to inspect EVERY grow with there apparantoy being over 100k in the med program alone. Now apply that to rec where EVERY household can have 4 plants. Furthermore, since none were ever done in the decade plus of medical, what LEGAL justification is there for it now when these rec laws apply to just that, rec

troutman

Seed Whore
I'm not sure what the current penalty is for importing seeds.

But what if when this stupid thing becomes law and they force all Canadian seedbanks to close.

Then what? Buy seeds from an LP? Are L's going to only sell you 30 seeds max?

Another thing, are LP's going to have 100's of strains or Landraces?

I got my European Hemp seeds on Defcon 4. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEFCON

Gmack

I'm now 100% certain this legislation won't pass the senate in its current form. Too many constitutional issues. JT will get to run on this issue again. He'll get to say I tried but they wouldn't let me free the weed. A watered down version could get past but not before the next election.

HiFiGanja

I'm now 100% certain this legislation won't pass the senate in its current form. Too many constitutional issues. JT will get to run on this issue again. He'll get to say I tried but they wouldn't let me free the weed. A watered down version could get past but not before the next election.

This is exactly my thought yesterday when was talking about it to a customer. Introduce it and make is bizarre as in when it's legal more people will go to jail than with the current laws. It'll be fought over and before the next election he can say look I'm trying, just get me in one more time and I can get it passed.

Right now I don't know how anyone sane would say yes legalization is going to be awesome when in reality we are getting punishments much harsher than the current ones.

Rider420

So I have to concede the point of only being allowed four plants in your home regardless of whether they are flowering or not. My friend in a corporate lawyer and I have to trust her, but she sure surprised me by saying she would be happy to have four new house plants once the law has changed. Funny thing is I have dropped a grand on seeds in a year only to get two really impressive plants, being able to buy clones of the best weed from the LP will be far more cost effective even if I am buying clones every time.

BTW you will be able to buy clones that are ready to flower the day you bring them home meaning if its an eight weed plant you can have six harvests a year or four for 12 week plants.

HiFiGanja

So I have to concede the point of only being allowed four plants in your home regardless of whether they are flowering or not. My friend in a corporate lawyer and I have to trust her, but she sure surprised me by saying she would be happy to have four new house plants once the law has changed. Funny thing is I have dropped a grand on seeds in a year only to get two really impressive plants, being able to buy clones of the best weed from the LP will be far more cost effective even if I am buying clones every time.

BTW you will be able to buy clones that are ready to flower the day you bring them home meaning if its an eight weed plant you can have six harvests a year or four for 12 week plants.

No one is going to buy clones from the LP's as not enough people will be growing their own to make it worth it. We're not talking about house plants, were talking about plants that need a shit load of light to get the fowers developed and constant supervision besides spider mites, gnats, thrips, mildew etc... Yes people will grow but once those that never grew see that 4 months of constant supervision to maybe get an LB is a waste of time when you can just buy it down the street. Besides that fact that it'll cost 1000+ to get the bare min equipment to grow properly.

For me there's no point of growing 4 plants as you can't even have fun with experimenting with food, lights, medium and etc like vs running several lights with 36 plants over a light and watch the results of each room/light.

Rider420

This is exactly my thought yesterday when was talking about it to a customer. Introduce it and make is bizarre as in when it's legal more people will go to jail than with the current laws. It'll be fought over and before the next election he can say look I'm trying, just get me in one more time and I can get it passed.

Right now I don't know how anyone sane would say yes legalization is going to be awesome when in reality we are getting punishments much harsher than the current ones.

The new laws are not harsher then the mandatory minimums the cons set like six months for more then six plants. Under the new law it would be up to a judge to decide your sentence from just a fine for having too many plants to jail time for dealers who sell to kids.

Legalization is Awesome or do you really believe that moon shine made in someone's bath tub is better then Crown Royal?

Stop listing to extremists like Dana and Marc who are mad at the fact Justin is doing what they could not do and who are losing their franchises!

BTW contrary to what the nay Sayers the Liberals have introduced a bill legalizing cannabis including growing it, and yes it will pass the senate and become law all before the end of this year, the only people who say legalization sucks are the ones who are losing their cash cow "selling to illegal dispersers", not the personal grower or users of cannabis.

Rider420

No one is going to buy clones from the LP's as not enough people will be growing their own to make it worth it. We're not talking about house plants, were talking about plants that need a shit load of light to get the fowers developed and constant supervision besides spider mites, gnats, thrips, mildew etc... Yes people will grow but once those that never grew see that 4 months of constant supervision to maybe get an LB is a waste of time when you can just buy it down the street. Besides that fact that it'll cost 1000+ to get the bare min equipment to grow properly.

For me there's no point of growing 4 plants as you can't even have fun with experimenting with food, lights, medium and etc like vs running several lights with 36 plants over a light and watch the results of each room/light.

ROLMFAO rolling one laughing my fucking ass off. If you cant get enough weed growing four plants your either incompetent grower or have a real addiction. FYI planted my first seed in 81 and have been using hid lighting 400 hps and mh since 88, 29 years using the same ballasts but can't tell you how many bulbs I have used.

BTW your old school you no longer need to grow 36 plants to find one you like. Times are a changing no one will want to buy seeds when you can buy a clone of the weed you just bought and love! Really are you going wait three months without a clue how good those plants are or not or buy a clone that you can flower the next day? Legalization changes the game.

Joe Mama

Very good observation. I too said this for many months. They would make this bill DOA as to say to voters, "we tried". Run on it again next time.

Joe Mama

ROLMFAO rolling one laughing my fucking ass off. If you cant get enough weed growing four plants your either incompetent grower or have a real addiction. FYI planted my first seed in 81 and have been using hid lighting 400 hps and mh since 88, 29 years using the same ballasts but can't tell you how many bulbs I have used.

BTW your old school you no longer need to grow 36 plants to find one you like. Times are a changing no one will want to buy seeds when you can buy a clone of the weed you just bought and love! Really are you going wait three months without a clue how good those plants are or not or buy a clone that you can flower the next day? Legalization changes the game.

Why arent you quoting C45 anymore like you actually understand it? lol.

People need to look at the sections about importing or selling ANYTHING*NG that can be used to grow "illicit" MJ.

They are going to close EVERYONE down in the industry who isnt an LP.You want lights, go to an LP. Its in C45!!!! Wake up!!!

Quit listening to dudes like this 420 clown who likes this C45 and just read the bill.

4 plants isnt legal! Only if you are licensed. That will come with inspections. Refuse inspector, 3 years! The funding for these inspections will come from the very large licensing fees charged annually at both the Federal and Provincial levels.

Rec laws and med laws dont mix. Only thing that will happen is med patients will now get inspections paid for by the windfall of licensing fees.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran

4 plants isn't enough for me, I guess I have a real addiction. Good thing my doctor approves.

Also if a grower grows 36 different seeds or clones, and you grow 4, he will certainly have a better plant than you in the end. Getting a good plant is a numbers game(even with "proven") clones.

Also I and many others have seed lines that compare to clone only quality anyway. Many clone only are hyped commercial junk anyway. Plus half are fakes. You enjoy the clone game, and the bugs and disease that come along with them. I think many of us will use seeds for a long time.

Joe Mama

Also, inspectors can bring in ANYONE they want with them. Thats gonna include electrical inspectors, fire, Police and, the most onerous thing is, these inspector pigs see a bottle of booze on your counter or a dirty house, next time they show up with Child protective services and Police. This C45 is a LIBERAL wet dream of government control over the individual.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Also, inspectors can bring in ANYONE they want with them. Thats gonna include electrical inspectors, fire, Police and, the most onerous thing is, these inspector pigs see a bottle of booze on your counter or a dirty house, next time they show up with Child protective services and Police. This C45 is a LIBERAL wet dream of government control over the individual.

Fear mongering a bit much? They dont even inspect medical grows now, how you think they gonna inspect everyone?

Joe Mama

Fear mongering a bit much? They dont even inspect medical grows now, how you think they gonna inspect everyone?

Because there has been no funds till this point to do inspections. They cant rape the med user like a rec user.

Its not fear mongering, its in the legislation if you read it and comprehend legalese. The budgets to start these inspections will be accrued by the very large licensing fees paid at BOTH the Federal and Provincial levels to acquire your "authorization" to grow 4 plants. Also, large taxation of the rec market from LPs will be a windfall into Gov coffers. You people are really fucking dumb to not see whats in C45 and understand the bigger picture. The government in NO WAY cares about your freedom. They care about money. You people seem to think because they can do inspections, and you all know they can, that this will continue. Wake the fuck up...

Latest posts

Latest posts