What's new

Cannabiogen strains to buy before they're gone

Red October

like with any multipronged hybrid, its always pheno dependant ... its not a strain that a grower can pop 1 or 2 seeds of and expect an award-winning pheno .i dont much care for the Mexican leaning phenos .... but speaking as a sativa head , the phenos that lean towards the meao Thai are incredibly strong ...like,... some of the strongest on the market strong ! ....altho i havnt grown out any of the very recent offerings of destroyer .........

Agreed, I did get one Mexican pheno and did like the uplifting high but it isn't as strong as the one good Thai I had in the batch, I think this line could really shine in crosses, the structure and yeild is amazing considering how fast they flower.

unnamedmike

Agreed, I did get one Mexican pheno and did like the uplifting high but it isn't as strong as the one good Thai I had in the batch, I think this line could really shine in crosses, the structure and yeild is amazing considering how fast they flower.
My destroyer crosses was very dominant in destroyer smell and flavours, even crossed with my stinkyest plants. Apart of this, destroyer do greats crosses.
destroyer x space monkey
020473BF-9460-4936-AC0F-9132F0B79496.jpeg

Red October

My destroyer crosses was very dominant in destroyer smell and flavours, even crossed with my stinkyest plants. Apart of this, destroyer do greats crosses.
destroyer x space monkey

Great work as always man, I feel bad as Ive wasted a good amount of seeds this last year but will definitely make sure everything else gets put to good use, did you use destroyer female or male for this cross, seems to have the tighter Columbian bud structure than the Thai phenols I had.

ArtOfSelection

yeahh 100%,.. Fascinating to grow as well, you see the different sativa's expressed, scents resin content ,bud structure, height, shape ,,,,,,,,from acidic cat piss to the most amazing apple and pear profile women go crazy for .....................its like a rite of passage, a destroyer grow ,,,,,,,,,,,,, kinda in the same way a blueberry grow is .....get em while you can peeps :good:

Red October

Here's a few pics from last year's section I did in the garden, 4 destroyer females and a Hawaiian snow. The Columbian one is mind blowingly good but it does make you lazy unfortunately 😅 and a picture of the octopus Thai plant that was last standing, she was the weakest effects wise, which made me very sad.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210425_092655.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.9 KB ID:	18088849
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210427_103944.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.6 KB ID:	18088850
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210511_074603.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.7 KB ID:	18088851
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210409_141006.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.3 KB ID:	18088852

elchischas

Veteran
photo2116413.jpg
This is the second time I hear about lemon verde in destroyer, I was convinced that a Colombian / Mexican cross had been used ... Do you remember which region it was lemon verde?

Ciao amico!
its a strain from Michoacan state in México. It was really common at some Michoacan beaches (mainly Maruata) at end of 90's it got a good mental high and can be a good one to smoke with friends but not specially potent.
A friend of mine found this at Michoacán beach recently, i'm sure its the Verde Limón again (photo)

Attachments

• attach18089008.jpg
    attach18089008.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 43

Vapomiam

Hola Elchischas,

Have you ever tried Jarilla? If so, how does it compare to Verde Limon?

Here is a cured Mextiza bud from a reproduction and a live bud from a cross of Reeferman Accidental Haze with a special lemon pine incence smelling Mextiza male that remembered me yumbolt of begining 2000's. Pollen from that male reeks where all other stored pollens didn't have any smell except for a sweet carroty Double Congo.

The ones CBG lines i was not able to get that i will miss are Red Snake and Jarilla. I get quite a few others that i will preserve when i can.

Thank you Kaiki and long life to CBG genes!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3867 - Copie.JPG Views:	0 Size:	80.3 KB ID:	18089292

Click image for larger version  Name:	Guem's Mexican Haze aka GMH - Accidental Haze x Mextiza (4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.5 KB ID:	18089293

bleepboop

Really glad I snapped up some red snake last winter out of Brexit concern. They have been some of my favourite yet and have f2s of both short and long flowering types.

Attachments

• photo2048821.jpg
    photo2048821.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 52
  • photo2048822.jpg
    photo2048822.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 46
  • photo2049951.jpg
    photo2049951.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 44
  • photo2050472.jpg
    photo2050472.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 45

elchischas

Veteran
Hola Elchischas,

Have you ever tried Jarilla? If so, how does it compare to Verde Limon?

Here is a cured Mextiza bud from a reproduction and a live bud from a cross of Reeferman Accidental Haze with a special lemon pine incence smelling Mextiza male that remembered me yumbolt of begining 2000's. Pollen from that male reeks where all other stored pollens didn't have any smell except for a sweet carroty Double Congo.

The ones CBG lines i was not able to get that i will miss are Red Snake and Jarilla. I get quite a few others that i will preserve when i can.

Thank you Kaiki and long life to CBG genes!

Hi Vapo,how are you?
jarilla (a.k.a. Cola de Borrego) its really powerful its those classic mexican mota that blow your mind
You can smoke modern sativa hybrids and Cola de Borrego potency its the same or even more potent i can compare Cola de Borrego potency with Jack herer or ak47 no joke Cola de Borrego its a old classic here in México. Verde limón it's very cerebral good to think a lot of shit but no potent as Cola de Borrego.
Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3867 - Copie.JPG Views:	0 Size:	80.3 KB ID:	18089292
Cola de Borrego buds
Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3867 - Copie.JPG Views:	0 Size:	80.3 KB ID:	18089292
Verde Limón buds

El Timbo

Now i have to decide which of Destroyer, Ghana or Mangobiche I will grow this summer... does anyone know which of the 3 will be the oldest? All bought recently.

SUPER_HAZE

I don't know which one is older but the ghana has been the one that hasn't seen itself for sale the longest.
Anyway, I would start with the one with the fewest seeds to ensure good germination.:good:

Lebanizer

I don't know which one is older but the ghana has been the one that hasn't seen itself for sale the longest.
Anyway, I would start with the one with the fewest seeds to ensure good germination.:good:

I think Ghana wasn't bred by CBG but only commercialized by them.

sbeanonnamellow

Hey El Timbo I think the Ghana is the most exclusive and hard to find. Just recently I came across some posts on here about the variety and it spoke to my soul. Figures I missed the boat, a little bird mentioned they haven't been in production for years while there are still stocks of Destroyer. No mention of Mangobiche but I would assume there are still packs floating around various vendors shops. The Ghana! Stoked for you bro, the grow logs and smoke reports on here are titillating. For sure a hidden treasure that isn't very widespread or available. Much love

kamyo

Veteran
I really hope everything works out for whoever is still at CBG and hope Charlie is doing well. He's done so much for the community and we all owe him a lot.

Just finishing up a Hash Fruit run and have a couple girls I'll keep around for at least another run. Maybe make some seeds with something.

Big thing for the garden this year is probably going to be the PanamaDC (fems). Have been wanting to have another shot at those for the last few years & finally got around to it. Considering that it doesn't look like it will be easy to get more, I'm thinking I'll keep as many girls as I can from this run and figure out some fun projects to do with them.

Here are some shots of a few of the Hash Fruit girls.
Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220302_033251061.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.1 KB ID:	18092058
Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220301_092143387.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.8 KB ID:	18092059
Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220304_001112251.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.0 KB ID:	18092060

Last edited:

Lebanizer

I feel your pain man ! Same here. I already have Panama and would love to score Caribe and Chapita de Michoacan.

But then about CBG, it's official ? Where was confirmed ?

I thought I had found a seed shop that was carrying them and had ordered them. Turned out the shop contacted me confirming they wanted to refund me as the seeds aren't available anymore and they have disabled the items on their online shop. That's the second time it happens. So my last resort : I ordered two packs of fem Caribe (that's 10 fem seeds in total. From there I plan to keep it going using several routes:
  • (CBG (fem) Caribe x CBG (reg) Panama) and then two back crossing each time with one fem Caribe
  • (CBG (fem) Caribe x CBG (reg) Some_kind-Of_haze(C99 ?) and and then back crossing each time with one fem Caribe
  • (CBG (fem) Caribe x(Jamaican Lambsbread x Jamaican Blue Mountain F4) and then two back crossing each time with one fem Caribe
  • And of course (CBG (fem) Caribe x (Special RSC Lebanese) and then two back crossing each time with one fem Caribe
This calls for two comments:
  • This is a prime example of why fem seeds totally suck
  • I realized this won't be the same as continuing 100% Caribe but at least it's close enough.
Moral of the story : when you like a seedbank, get their seeds now and stock up !

Last edited:

ArtOfSelection

i'v been down a bit of a cannabiogen rabbit hole,............and their caribe seems to be very well regarded ..........a Jamaican backross using a champion haze/nl5 ....... after a long search i have also managed to source a pack ......seeds seem to be really hard to come by...so im grateful i actually got some :good: