What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabiogen strains to buy before they're gone

Red October

With the unfortunate news that cannabiogen is closing the chapter on its seed business, are there any stand out strains that people should be trying to purchase while they are still available.

I've personally had good results from both destroyer and hashfruit. They're the only two I've tried and have both had amazing phenos in them.

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I would say the strains not available through Ace. Most of them are.

I have always heard good things about Purple Mexican and Caribe.

ArtOfSelection

i rate their destroyer as one of the best sativa releases in cannabis history ........... look at how highly awarded the controversial 'fran' cut is...apple and pear scented sativa underpinned by thai, that really is exceptionally strong ........i also rate thier mangobitche ...a lovely pure Colombian ...........sad news man

Red October

It's terrible news especially given the revived interest to the more effect based breeding compared to the cakes and gelato's from the last few years, destroyer in its current form has an issue of quick effects tolerance build up IMO but I found an amazing purple Columbian pheno that supercedes that, I have a good seed stash of destroyer at least and I have all the hashfruit plants from the last run still alive, was about to give the unwanted ones the chop before I saw the message from funky horse.

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Yeah it's sad news but somehow expected for some time.
Can't speak for nobody but my observation is since Charlie left it was obvious noone can step in his shoes and keep the breeding standard for the company.
So as a tribute it would be good to get and grow some of his creations.
I'm thinking Destroyer regs, Hashfruit and Sugarloaf, maybe also Caribe would be good indoors, iwas also always intrigued by the PanamaDC but even if i find the seeds they're probably pretty old, so viability could be an issue.
Anyway, i hope Charlie is doing well in retirement and enjoying with his plants.

Cheers

Red October

Agreed man, I was hoping for a few more years and some new stuff but it was expected. Hopefully people get together to preserve the destroyer line with good phenos they find, I think it's similar other good inbreb lines and you find something remarkable every now and then.

Red October

I have a pack each of Destroyer and Ghana - tempted by a few others but I have too many seeds already!

Just consider when you do have time to pop them that you might have to keep some long-term😁 smoke your boys, when you find something outstanding you'll know it immediately.

sbeanonnamellow

Appreciate the insight this thread has to offer. Destroyer has always been on the list and I always put it off because it seemed so consistently available. A couple years ago I placed an order and they actually threw me a freebie pack of Destroyer but it accidentally got thrown away cleaning up the desk. I was so bummed but figured I could always order a pack so on the list it stayed.

Hearing the news of Cannabiogen closing up shop first thing I did after checking the CBG site to confirm was to look for a vendor with available Destroyer stock. I've been looking off and on for a few weeks now it seems and haven't found one vendor with any Destroyer stock. Any advice? I'm going to write Real Gorilla and see if they have any stock not listed. Much love

El Timbo

Hearing the news of Cannabiogen closing up shop first thing I did after checking the CBG site to confirm was to look for a vendor with available Destroyer stock. I've been looking off and on for a few weeks now it seems and haven't found one vendor with any Destroyer stock. Any advice? I'm going to write Real Gorilla and see if they have any stock not listed. Much love

I don't know where they ship to but try GrowBarato.net - they have fems and regs of Destroyer and a few others.

ArtOfSelection

It's terrible news especially given the revived interest to the more effect based breeding compared to the cakes and gelato's from the last few years, destroyer in its current form has an issue of quick effects tolerance build up IMO but I found an amazing purple Columbian pheno that supercedes that, I have a good seed stash of destroyer at least and I have all the hashfruit plants from the last run still alive, was about to give the unwanted ones the chop before I saw the message from funky horse.

like with any multipronged hybrid, its always pheno dependant ... its not a strain that a grower can pop 1 or 2 seeds of and expect an award-winning pheno .i dont much care for the Mexican leaning phenos .... but speaking as a sativa head , the phenos that lean towards the meao Thai are incredibly strong ...like,... some of the strongest on the market strong ! ....altho i havnt grown out any of the very recent offerings of destroyer .........

Popey

Veteran
I asked the same question a few weeks ago in the CBG section :) For me no1 is Destroyer. Jarilla Sinaloa is also great. Fortunately, I already have them in the fridge :)
Unfortunately, I couldn't buy Mangobiche and Red Snake.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I asked the same question a few weeks ago in the CBG section :) For me no1 is Destroyer. Jarilla Sinaloa is also great. Fortunately, I already have them in the fridge :)
Unfortunately, I couldn't buy Mangobiche and Red Snake.

Are they out of stock? (MB and RS) Those would be my pick.

elchischas

Veteran
Hi all...
certainly Destroyer its a very high Quality strain, there's some phenos on it that you compare with the best haze hybrids,no doubt on that. I sent the original stock of Verde Limón méxican strain to Estai,one of the original Cannabiogen breeders to make this awesome work called Destroyer.
By the way Desfran isn't the best of Destroyer can offer, one friend of mine got two very special cuts one of the Colombian side another with the Thai dominance, both are top stuff to work with it.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hi all...
certainly Destroyer its a very high Quality strain, there's some phenos on it that you compare with the best haze hybrids,no doubt on that. I sent the original stock of Verde Limón méxican strain to Estai,one of the original Cannabiogen breeders to make this awesome work called Destroyer.
By the way Desfran isn't the best of Destroyer can offer, one friend of mine got two very special cuts one of the Colombian side another with the Thai dominance, both are top stuff to work with it.

This is the second time I hear about lemon verde in destroyer, I was convinced that a Colombian / Mexican cross had been used ... Do you remember which region it was lemon verde?

Latest posts

Latest posts