What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canna A B expire?

jimjay

Do they expire? There is a date on the bottom of my nutes that says Aug 2007. They obviously weren't made then.....
But then again i don't think chemical nutes expire....

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
canna coco A+B are not pure chem nutes, it's a combo if watersoluable gelates and mineral ingredients. i never even look at the date on the A+B, i have kept containers of the stuff closed in the cellar for 5 years before i got to use them again one time and it was no problem. just use them till they are finished, they will work fine.

jimjay

Thanks Tipster and Gaius,
I contacted canna and they told me they don't expire too easily. Typically they are good for 3 years. The date on the bottom is one year from when the nutes were bottled. The only reason they put that date on is for Cannazyme which "weakens" after a year.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yep the cannazym aswell as the new one called bioboost both have to be used by a certain date. don't know about the rhizotonic, but i have kept it for quite long periods too. but the a+b i know they don't get broken, not even after 5 years were my canisters effected in any way. they were kept in a cool place in the green 5lt canister which are light proof. i know light and heat is the enemy of nutes. it took me another year to use them up after i opened them.