What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cancel Culture

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
- well Cannavore - who are you calling 'old' - 'dumb' and 'bigoted' particularly? - looks to be a regular occurrence - so perhaps that is your default setting - I do see you constantly using the word 'boomer' in a negative way also - do try and make your posts without insults to the members here - there's a good chap -

☝️

buzzmobile

Veteran
boomer.jpg

boomer2.jpg

M

member 505892

Boomer Steve, distant relative of Scumbag Steve :)

Has it better than his parents.... and his kids. :biggrin:

Cannavore

Veteran
Speaking of susceptible to ridiculous shit...NYT, Vox, Marketwatch, Business Insider? Not very convincing.

My bad for not using AMERICAFIRST.COM, storm front and gatekeeper pundit.

The message still stands. Boomers and the internet dont mix.

dramamine

My bad for not using AMERICAFIRST.COM, storm front and gatekeeper pundit.

The message still stands. Boomers and the internet dont mix.

Man. You are all about grouping people up into categories and labelling them. Why do you think I read those sites? Just being defensive?
You're a pretty divisive dude lately.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- I never had a union job - still don't own my own apartment (till the mortgage is paid off) - the only boat I ever had was a small fishing 'Banca' - which cost about $500 and I can't use it anyway - since have been deported and blacklisted from the country where its at - have not applied for a job since 1984 (self employed) - had a very different life to my parents - whether better or not I don't really know - my older kids are both doing well in Holland - my younger kids are still at home and growing fast - never was given a chance or the encouragement to go to college - had to go and work for money - left school at 15 - First job (10 years old) - was a paper delivery route which paid £50 per year - as for 'driving up the federal deficit' - that has absolutely nothing to do with me -

- and I was born in 1960 - so that makes me one of these 'Boomers?' -

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
What Are the Birth Years for the Baby Boomer Generation?
Baby Boomers officially were born in 1946 through 1964.

Sorry good buddy you qualify LOL. I'm not an educated man either, but I consider myself well verse and, we had a work ethic that spilled over from WWII (manufacturing) that was to none. Mind you we didn't work 2 jobs, because we made a decent wage, nor did our wives have to work to support the household. We didn't expect "freebies" we earned our living. Look at where we are now (the entire planet)! Lets just say I am glad I am in my twilight years. :tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
What Are the Birth Years for the Baby Boomer Generation?
Baby Boomers officially were born in 1946 through 1964.

Sorry good buddy you qualify LOL. I'm not an educated man either, but I consider myself well verse and, we had a work ethic that spilled over from WWII (manufacturing) that was to none. Mind you we didn't work 2 jobs, because we made a decent wage, nor did our wives have to work to support the household. We didn't expect "freebies" we earned our living. Look at where we are now (the entire planet)! Lets just say I am glad I am in my twilight years. :tiphat:

- Don't you find it rather ridiculous that some people stereotype those born between 1946-1964 - as if our lives have all been the same - when we are obviously all very different? - its just the same as people thinking that all black or white people are the same - when that's obviously not true - and very narrow minded to even think that way -

Sunshineinabag

Man. You are all about grouping people up into categories and labelling them. Why do you think I read those sites? Just being defensive?
You're a pretty divisive dude lately.

I'd love to meet cannavore in person.... I have a mental pic of you ....I wonder:yay:

Sunshineinabag

- Don't you find it rather ridiculous that some people stereotype those born between 1946-1964 - as if our lives have all been the same - when we are obviously all very different? - its just the same as people thinking that all black or white people are the same - when that's obviously not true - and very narrow minded to even think that way -

Right! Smacks of compensation of things missing:biggrin:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran

My brother and I are taking good care of your Banca, Gypsy Nirvana . It's smaller than you remember.
:D

DSC00255.JPG
- Looks like the Banca shrank - and got a new paint-job - lol - here is my old boat - when she was new/reconditioned in 2009 - with my buddies Robert and Boyett - and Ian (with the fish) - it could seat the 4 of us quite comfortably -

buzzmobile

Veteran
- Looks like the Banca shrank - and got a new paint-job - lol - here is my old boat - when she was new/reconditioned in 2009 - with my buddies Robert and Boyett - and Ian (with the fish) - it could seat the 4 of us quite comfortably -

We think it shrank from the blue paint.
Your boat looked better in yellow. This is just a suggestion for the possibility of future fishing adventures, but next time out try fishing a little deeper water. That's where the bigger fish live.
;)

Is that a mast for a sail? Did you have paddles too?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!

Yes I do. I tell folks that I'm a Canadian who speaks French, not a French Canadian. They go uh?

audiohi

Veteran

I mean... isn't it just a shortened version of baby boomer?

What Is a Baby Boomer?

"Baby boomer" is a term used to describe a person who was born between 1946 and 1964. The baby boomer generation makes up a substantial portion of the world's population, especially in developed nations.
  • The term "baby boomer" is derived from the boom in births that took place after the return of soldiers from WWII.
Generational "stereotypes":
Baby Boomer
Generation Jones
Generation X
Xennials
Millennials
Generation Z
Generation Alpha

Suck it up, buttercup. You're a baby "boomer". There are worse stereotypes.

Latest posts

Latest posts