What's new

Cancel Culture

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Five out of thousands of people is expected but that doesn't convince me an insurrection took place. It was a riot.

in·sur·rec·tion
/ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. a violent uprising against an authority or government.
    "the insurrection was savagely put down"
    Similar:
    rebellion
    revolt
    uprising
    mutiny
    revolution
    insurgence
    insurgency
    rising
    rioting
    riot
    sedition
    civil disobedience
    civil disorder
    unrest
    anarchy
    fighting in the streets
    coup
    coup d'état
You say toe-may-toe, I say toe-mah-toe, you say po-tay-toe I say po-tah-toe...

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
When I say some some historians will tell you... the point I’m making is that there are alternative viewpoints out there from people with phds..

it’s not all cut and dry like we learn in social studies in govt school

Yeah but come one, admit it, you qualify that it comes from a historian because you figure that gives it more weight. Unfortunately just because people have phds doesn't mean they are free from bias or that they are above cherry picking data to suit their own personal beliefs/opinions.

You also did it again in another post above where you say that because allegedly the chief of the Capital police said to Congress that zero guns were found on anyone inside the Capital you're not going to accept anything to the contrary because that would mean he's lying to Congress, as if nobody ever lies to Congress. Of course that's not the real story because you obviously took your story from someone else's talking point or you remembered something you heard on the news incorrectly. It wasn't the Chief of Capital police that told Congress that no guns were found, it was the FBI counterterrorism division's assistant director Jill Sanborn who said that the FBI didn't find any guns and since that suited Republican Senator Ron Johnson's agenda (he's the one that asked Sanborn if guns were found) he didn't question further and you're also omitting the first part of Sanborn’s response, when she declined to speak for the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department or U.S. Capitol Police. Since this misreporting came from The Epoch Times, I'm guessing that's where you got it from or from some other source wanting to downplay what happened on January 6th.

Amynamous

Speaking of cancel culture, does anyone know why the ICMAG big green grin emoji got cancelled?
Life just isn’t the same without it.:biggrin::tumbleweed:

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm betting on the Olympic male weightlifter competing in the womens division , who's with me.He's gonna dust those girls.

buzzmobile

Veteran
I didn't move any goalposts.

The play is under review.
goalpost.jpg

audiohi

Veteran
trump canceled on July 4th... By republicans. In Alabama. lol.

Canceled Trump rally in Mobile leads to political finger-pointing
https://www.fox10tv.com/news/mobile_...f0d6515a5.html

The Alabama Republican Party had former President Donald Trump lined up to speak at the event Saturday against the backdrop of the USS Alabama Battleship. But planning hit a snag over concerns that the even would violate the USS Alabama Battleship Commission’s ban on partisan political events and, perhaps, even state law.

A member of Trump’s team, who spoke on FOX10 News on condition of anonymity, rejected that explanation on Tuesday. He laid the blame squarely on the shoulders of Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey, calling it a “purely political decision by the governor’s office.”

But but but... liberal college campuses....

Amynamous

Michelle Fiscus, a pediatrician and state medical director involved in overseeing vaccinations in Tennessee shared a memo that outlined the state law regarding vaccinations and minors. The memo found its way to social media and Tennessean lawmakers were upset that older kids have the right to make some decisions on their own. Their collective response was to have Dr Fiscus fired.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...icial-michelle-fiscus-fears-state/7945291002/

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Michelle Fiscus, a pediatrician and state medical director involved in overseeing vaccinations in Tennessee shared a memo that outlined the state law regarding vaccinations and minors. The memo found its way to social media and Tennessean lawmakers were upset that older kids have the right to make some decisions on their own. Their collective response was to have Dr Fiscus fired.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...icial-michelle-fiscus-fears-state/7945291002/

just saw that on local news. her treatment by the state (for stating a fact about TN law; it was ruled on by the TN Supreme court in 1987) is just another in a long line of embarrassments for the state, with Senator Marsha Blackburn being another....

Green Squall

With the renaming of the Cleveland Indians, I'm thinking it won't be long until they go after Indian Motorcycles...

Brother Nature

With the renaming of the Cleveland Indians, I'm thinking it won't be long until they go after Indian Motorcycles...

Would also likely have to do with the fact that in the last few years producing 'American made' motorcycles isn't very financially productive anymore.

audiohi

Veteran
Lolapalooza should have canceled this old douchebag long ago. Where the hell did they find him, and is this what Lalapalooza is these days? Limp Bizkit and DaBaby?

Is this your last year in attendance, NEW ENGLAND?

46169057-9850619-image-m-64_1627864032109.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	46169057-9850619-image-m-64_1627864032109.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.8 KB ID:	17910304

Latest posts

Latest posts