What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cancel Culture

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Gypsy, i don't want a sticky thanks. I have explained my issue already - stickying your own threads here, or others that push your own favoured political agenda, is wrong, and i am objecting to it....

I understand you are the boss and you can do what you want... but that doesn't make it right.

You might call it 'cancel culture' ... i would call it 'speaking truth to power'

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hi Gypsy, i don't want a sticky thanks. I have explained my issue already - stickying your own threads here, or others that push your own favoured political agenda, is wrong, and i am objecting to it....

I understand you are the boss and you can do what you want... but that doesn't make it right.

- well - that's kinda odd mate - because I don't have any political agenda that I know or am aware of - If you wish to debate about any topics of a political nature - then you are welcome to - in The Speakers Corner - even within the threads that you are not so fond of - which you are doing right now - by the looks of it -

- Perhaps you can make an interesting and exciting thread - that gets lots of attention - in The Speakers Corner - and we can make it a sticky for you - maybe call it 'Verdant Green's Anti-Sticky-Sticky Thread?' - sounds like a winner -

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still treating us all like idiots then Gypsy - with your claims of 'no agenda' whilst stickying your own threads on a political forum !

I would be much more likely to participate constructively at speakers corner if i felt that this place was a level playing field.
I wish i didn't care, but i do, and it sure takes the shine off icmag for me personally... which i regret.

VG

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Again you pretend to be neutral!
Allowing both sides to be heard = fine.
Stickying certain threads so as they are always at the top of a list = pushing an agenda.
The political threads that are stickied in speakers corner are:
A far-right antisemitic conspiracy theory
a right wing 'we are victims' subject (cancel culture)
and a thread about Black lives matter that has a title that looks like it is ridiculing that movement, although the first post is largely incoherent, it looks from the title like a thread that mocks the very serious and emotive issue.
In order for speakers corner to be a level playing field, there can be no right wing or left wing threads stickied.

Since raising this issue, i have had LOTS of feedback from people who either say that they feel distanced from and betrayed by icmag because of the political agenda being pushed (which is how i feel myself), or they tell me that they know people who have left the site in protest at the agenda.

Personally i think the discussion of politics at a weed site is terribly divisive and counter productive to the community.... but if it must be discussed, at least make it neutral rather than pushing one side or another which just alienates people. And to claim no-bias when it clearly is biased just adds insult to injury.

VG

again you PRETEND to know my mind and heart better then i do, but you damn well don't. im my own man, i take the ideas i think are correct and throw out the trash ideas. im neither right nor left as they are both insane at their core. im pro things that are logical, true and sensible. if anything i'm for a third party, as both options a and b you are faced with are bollocks.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Being appalled in the Speakers Corner is like taking a piss in a scuba suit,gives ya a warm cuddly feeling on the inside ,but nobody else seems to notice.....

Well back to watching 'All in the Family'...Archie's just about to call meathead a 'stupid pole'.....yeah it's not for the faint of heart....lol

#COVIDINGBATS

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
again you PRETEND to know my mind and heart better then i do, but you damn well don't. im my own man, i take the ideas i think are correct and throw out the trash ideas. im neither right nor left as they are both insane at their core. im pro things that are logical, true and sensible. if anything i'm for a third party, as both options a and b you are faced with are bollocks.

I don't know you, I can only judge you by your actions ... or lack of actions. As a moderator you should run the forum in a neutral manner, regardless of your own views.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
- well - that's kinda odd mate - because I don't have any political agenda that I know or am aware of - If you wish to debate about any topics of a political nature - then you are welcome to - in The Speakers Corner - even within the threads that you are not so fond of - which you are doing right now - by the looks of it -

- Perhaps you can make an interesting and exciting thread - that gets lots of attention - in The Speakers Corner - and we can make it a sticky for you - maybe call it 'Verdant Green's Anti-Sticky-Sticky Thread?' - sounds like a winner -

was thinking the same, he can make a interesting thread and im happy to sticky it, lol.

it really seems to be the case that open debate is just too much for some. they just don't feel comfortable having to read views that are not their own. its the safe space culture. they actually want censorship like twitter and facebook, they don't want to debate on a level playing field, they want opposing ideas to be deleted from the record.

soon you won't even be able to read about x and y chromosomes as they will be considered problematic and deleted where ever mentioned till the digital record on these issues bears no resemblance to the actual original literature it came from. i have already seen the case made that 2 and 2 does not always have to equal 4 this is the actual road they are talking about, when they talk of the road to hell being paved with good intentions.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Still treating us all like idiots then Gypsy - with your claims of 'no agenda' whilst stickying your own threads on a political forum !

I would be much more likely to participate constructively at speakers corner if i felt that this place was a level playing field.
I wish i didn't care, but i do, and it sure takes the shine off icmag for me personally... which i regret.

VG

rofl, he offers you a sticky thread here, but it's not a level playing field eh?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
.....they don't want to debate on a level playing field, they want opposing ideas to be deleted from the record.

If you think that's what i want then please read what i've said again. Making subjects a sticky is the opposite of a level playing field. I have not asked for anything to be deleted, just not stickied.
But you guys know that. All you can do is misrepresent what i've said because you are in the wrong and you know it.

VG

Cannavore

Veteran
Evo7PbiWQAIod5n?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Evo7PbkXMAAGhZV?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Attachments

• Evo7PbiWQAIod5n?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
    Evo7PbiWQAIod5n?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 16

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
was thinking the same, he can make a interesting thread and im happy to sticky it, lol.

it really seems to be the case that open debate is just too much for some. they just don't feel comfortable having to read views that are not their own. its the safe space culture. they actually want censorship like twitter and facebook, they don't want to debate on a level playing field, they want opposing ideas to be deleted from the record.

soon you won't even be able to read about x and y chromosomes as they will be considered problematic and deleted where ever mentioned till the digital record on these issues bears no resemblance to the actual original literature it came from. i have already seen the case made that 2 and 2 does not always have to equal 4 this is the actual road they are talking about, when they talk of the road to hell being paved with good intentions.

- In truth - whatever Verdant is raving about - has served its purpose - because its got his back up enough to publicly state it here - and make such a fuss about it - so I'd say its worthy of a 'sticky' - just for that - because that's what we need here - threads that get people thinking and either contesting the main theme - or supporting it - and being able to debate over their opinions - on this here forum site - and yes - people should be able to discuss virtually anything here on ICMAG - even dissenting voices are welcome - as in this case -

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
rofl, he offers you a sticky thread here, but it's not a level playing field eh?

No its not. That would be promoting MY agenda above others - which would be just as bad as what you guys are doing with your right-wing agenda stickies!

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
- In truth - whatever Verdant is raving about - has served its purpose - because its got his back up enough to publicly state it here - and make such a fuss about it - so I'd say its worthy of a 'sticky' - just for that - because that's what we need here - threads that get people thinking and either contesting the main theme - or supporting it - and being able to debate over their opinions - on this here forum site - and yes - people should be able to discuss virtually anything here on ICMAG - even dissenting voices are welcome - as in this case -

i respect that you think everything should be discussed, i just don't think you should abuse your power here by using stickies to skew the discussions towards your own agenda - which is clearly what you are doing.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
i respect that you think everything should be discussed, i just don't think you should abuse your power here by using stickies to skew the discussions towards your own agenda - which is clearly what you are doing.

- OK - game on - you keep going on about a 'level playing feild' - so you bring a sports analogy to the discussion - if this a team sport - then who are the teams - and what is the game?

- make a nice thread - from whatever political/religious angle you so wish - and I will gladly enter it into a 'level playing field' - with whatever other thread you pick out - and make it a sticky for you if needed -

imiubu

Unfortunately, cannabis users/ advocates et al have been unwittingly steeped in politics for at least the last 80 + years.
For my entire lifetime and most certainly from the early 70's when tricky dick began the war on drugs.
Separating the two now, IMO, would be an insurmountable task.
So, we grow and use our choice of herb yet should not have our finger on the pulse of politics
that will effect/ affect each of us in some way; if not currently... then most certainly inevitably?
shrug.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
No its not. That would be promoting MY agenda above others - which would be just as bad as what you guys are doing with your right-wing agenda stickies!

VG

wow so nice to be insulted for advocating for free speech.

im starting to wonder what your *AGENDA* is here to be honest. i like to discuss ideas and subjects that interest me, i like to make my own mind up about things. i don't think that can be called having an agenda in any honesty.

i'd be thinking about things deeply, if i found myself complaining about people being able to freely discuss any subject they want. calling it agenda, or right wing, is all just empty way of saying you have nothing to counter with other then to be insulting on a personal level

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
- OK - game on - you keep going on about a 'level playing feild' - so you bring a sports analogy to the discussion - if this a team sport - then who are the teams - and what is the game?

- make a nice thread - from whatever political/religious angle you so wish - and I will gladly enter it into a 'level playing field' - with whatever other thread you pick out - and make it a sticky for you if needed -

No thanks, i'm objecting to your agenda/stickies.. so accepting a sticky of my own would make me a hypocrite
,i am asking for there to be NO STICKIES. NO POLITICAL AGENDAS OR SUBJECTS BEING PROMOTED ABOVE OTHERS.

I'm off to talk about weed now,
cheers,
VG

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
No thanks, i'm objecting to your agenda/stickies.. so accepting a sticky of my own would make me a hypocrite
,i am asking for there to be NO STICKIES. NO POLITICAL AGENDAS OR SUBJECTS BEING PROMOTED ABOVE OTHERS.

I'm off to talk about weed now,
cheers,
VG

- as I have already stated - there is no political agenda being promoted here - did anyone try and get you to vote for anyone in particular? - or are you being pressured by 'The Monster Raving Loony Party' - or the 'People's Popular Front?' - via the PM system? - do you see site banners for The Bader-Meinhof Gang - The Tories - Labour - or the MPLA? - what political agenda ?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
this is getting ridiculous, you can post anything you want in those same sticky threads, it will get just as many views as every other post in the thread. but you have nothing to counter the things that obviously made you uncomfortable so you moan about a level field instead of taking what ever bothered you apart with documentation and good arguments. instead you whine about unfair. at least here you are allowed to say what you want. thats more level then facebook, twitter or youtube.

Latest posts

Latest posts