What's new

Canadian singer Taylor Mitchell killed by coyotes

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
I would probably try to eat her if I had to survive the winter in Nova Scotia. coyotes are hungry too

shitty luck, sad for the girl and her family.

whodair

Veteran
heres a pic of dog burglur tried to killby hitting it over head and heres aftermath of burglur after dog was done.

thats a HUGE puggle, I love them theyre cute!! the gentleman should now be fully qualified for a medical marihuana card.

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
she probably had her period. a heavy flow really sets off the animal instincts.

Never thought about that, but whoever says coyotes are scared of humans have no clue what they are talking about, that's like saying sharks are scared of humans too..and snakes, but the reality is, if they are hungry or mad, they will attack.

I was running about 3 months ago and as I was on the sidewalk in front of a barren native lot in the suburbs, a huge coyote was standing not 50 yards up the slope with a very brave look, and he did not back up one bit as I neared him and passed him up, he looked defiant and hungry...It all depends on circumstances and there was visual witness of the coyotes, so it was obviously a hungry pack of wild aniumals, wild dogs kill people, why nota coyote? You nay sayers are naive..

C

Cookie monster

heres a pic of dog burglur tried to killby hitting it over head and heres aftermath of burglur after dog was done.

Hope the dog was ok afterwards....as for the burgler well occupational hazard i suppose.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
A few years ago, there were coyotes hanging around where I work, in the upper parking lots. One time, a lady was waiting for the shuttle to take her from the far parking lot into work and a coyote went right up to her and snatched her lunch from out of her hands.

They are super skittish animals, but I wouldn't want to come any that were realy hungry.

H

h^2 O

coyotes don't approach people. Unless they were all rabid or something. Not even wolves will bother humans.
She could have been really high or drunk and lost in the woods and the coyotes thought she was injured and going to die.....

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
but whoever says coyotes are scared of humans have no clue what they are talking about,.
It was me Moldy that said that and that is the way it is here where I live. I will accept that they may have lost their fear of humans where you are..but I have hunted and trapped them or 35 years and i'd like a bit of respect for my experiance. Here when you let off the gas in your pick up they scatter because they know a 30.06 will be the next sound they hear. Peace..DD

H

h^2 O

doobie just out of curiousity what the hell do you do with trapped coyotes? Their fur is not good..do you get like $20 for 100 pelts or something? Do you eat them..use them for meat? What do you trap them for?

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
It was me Moldy that said that and that is the way it is here where I live. I will accept that they may have lost their fear of humans where you are..but I have hunted and trapped them or 35 years and i'd like a bit of respect for my experiance. Here when you let off the gas in your pick up they scatter because they know a 30.06 will be the next sound they hear. Peace..DD

Ok, we both generalized and were both wrong in how we conveyed the message. What I meant to get at is that coyotes in Socal and other areas where humans are encroaching on their habitat, are starving and are by no means scared of humans.People have brought out the "pack mentality" theory, which has caused dogs even to kill people, even people...
Why does it sound ludicrous, you were doubting police and other witnesses account that it was indeed coyotes..she was a skinny weak girl, so sad, so unfortunate, what a terrible ending to such a talented girl..

BTW Doobie, congrats on the Hummingbird pic, I voted for you!

PEace, and sorry for coming off harsh!

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
doobie just out of curiousity what the hell do you do with trapped coyotes? Their fur is not good..do you get like $20 for 100 pelts or something? Do you eat them..use them for meat? What do you trap them for?

Varmints, thats why he uses a 30.06

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Moldy thanks for the vote and yes varmints thus 30.06..excelerator rounds if you know what those are! H2o, I haven't trapped for 20 years, but at the time I was we were getting 75.00 to 100 each for good skinned clean pelts. Their fur is some of the nicest you've ever seen, in the winter only. I think they still bring 40.00 or 50.00 each. So..it is almost as we have two separate species, the localized ones that are quite scragley..and the very wild rural ones sporting a wonderful coat. Karma to the girls family and I am saddened by their loss…DD

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
There are shit loads of coyotes in Wolves/Canada, we got a butt load in Ontario alone. I got buddies that have farms and they set up a motion censor cameras and bait the Wolves/Coyotes with food. Once the wolves/Coyotes get near, my buddies grab there rifles and sit on there deck and shoot them.

They really cause problems on my buddies farms, Trying to get at the sheep, and chickens and other animals.

I can believe this for sure, if there hungry and there isn't alot of food around for them, for sure they would attack a single person walking around there Territory.

Danny

Yup, it's true. I live in a major Ontario city and the coyote population here in the past 4 years has risen drastically. In a city. Every week there's a story of one eating dogs, cats, attacking other farm animals...people seem em alot in backyards. Odd for a city, but when ya develop everywhere, they gotta live somewhere. Some people won't believe the story, but I do. Crazier things have happened.