What's new

Canadian Marijuana Market

Pangea

Veteran
What do you mean it also weighs more? You mean from excess water? Pretty sure its shatter so its processed and wouldnt contain water.

My main concern with the price is with the middle men, but its a self correcting concern over time.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From my experience "properly" aged and cured weed is far more potent Then fresh buds are. It would be safe to say that resin becomes better with proper processing.

These lazy slugs are too cheap to pay trimmers. Too scared of rippers and never seen how vac purging removes moisture. I am not a extract geek. But i am a number crunches.

I would never buy wet weed and prefer proper extract over fresh frozen

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
50% gram moisture. 50% extract. Twice the price? These guys are onto something lol

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
50% gram moisture. 50% extract. Twice the price? These guys are onto something lol

med-man

vapor

Veteran
Up to 60% of terpenes are lost during the drying process they certainly are onto some thing.....

Last edited:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
you cant make oil with 50% moisture, and if could, you couldnt smoke or vaporize it without a ridiculous amount of snap crackle pop. those numbers are straight up sofa-king we todd ed man!

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
It's the number of clown car occupants with an honourary PhD... damn it's good to be back!!!!

Last edited:

Buckowens

Im not an oil guy. But ive tried some of the very first FFE ( fresh frozen extract) or Nectar or whatever the fuck folks are calling it out here in CO two years ago.
I can say, there is a major shift in flavor and potency. No snap, crackle or pop. After smoking triangle, colorado flo and 120 day santa marta mixed with 100 day haze there is no comparison. And i can say it fuckered with my tolerance, quite badly.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Up to 60% of terpenes are lost during the drying process they certainly are onto some thing.....

lost? to where? my procesing techniquesactually ampiliy tatse and effect. quite the contrary to this statement

med-man

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
oufffffff....

¨le souffle de la Rockette à cloué tout le monde au mur!¨
Dobberman.

>> Nous sommes décollée de la paroi d'ignorance par la connaissance.

lost? to where? my procesing techniquesactually ampiliy tatse and effect. quite the contrary to this statement

>> You atrocious spelling aside (spellcheck), not everyone is unbound by the laws of physics, and the laws of the universe as you are in med-man fantasy land (tm). If only you spent a little less time blindly and ignorantly trying to self-promote and rather trying to educate... I guess one has to know, to teach... but your pump and dump techniques are full of holes, and highly suspect.

Terpenes are constantly being lost by the plant; it's why you can smell the plant at all in the air or in the room- the terpenes are volatile and 'evaporate' into the air. At no time does your grow smell more than during harvest, and any grower will tell you that much.

Terpenes, specifically monoterpenes, have a very low volatilization point- the point at which they are released from the sticky resin and into the air. This is a natural process; it's actually what terps are designed to do.... to be emitted from the resin glands, and out into the environment where they can.... well what is it exactly that they are doing!?!?

Terpenes are semiochemicals. Semiochemicals (from the greek root "semeon" - a signal) are chemicals that mediate interactions between organisms. You can think of resin glands as little Tesla / Wardenclyffe towers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wardenclyffe_Tower), that broadcast a signal out from the resin head into the environment, akin to the way that the Tesla tower was to emit wireless energy. This signal, emitted into the air, is designed for a multitude of purposes- but mainly as a way for the plant to interact with other organisms in the environment.

We know that some terpenes are fungicidal, insecticidal, and some even attract other insects. For example, in a beautiful demonstration of co-evolution and the complexity of the web of life, a UBC research team showed that specific conifers up-regulate the production of, and release more of a specific monoterpene when fed upon by a pest beetle. This terpene is an anti-feedant, and slows down the munch of the beetle--- it makes the tree harder for the beetle to digest. Incredibly, the same terpene is also a summons signal which attracts another insect- a wasp that is parasitic to the beetle- which comes and munches on the beetle and lays it's eggs within. In this amazing tri-trophic interaction, the tree not only slows the roll of the beetle attacking the tree by producing more of this terpene, it at the same time summons the parasitic wasp to come to it's defense!

This was something that I've seen in various greenhouse projects when screening hundreds of seedlings; and was really apparent when I visited our plantings in Morocco. Some plants of a given variety were literally crawling with stink bugs or other insects, while other plants were completely insect-free- a result of the plants' semiochemical interaction with the fauna of the ecosystem. One might suggest that cannabis does the same with us... the terpene combinations we find pleasing, and reproduce through cloning and selecting, actually give that combination of terpene synthases preference at the genetic level, and allow their predominance in future generations. Whether this terpene combination proves valuable to the species in the field is another point; the wild-type myrcene dominant profile in most drug vars suggests it provides the most beneficial defense to the plant under natural conditions. But I digress...

Monoterpenes (limonene, terpinolene, pinene, linalool, myrcene etc) become volatile at lower temperatures, while larger sesquiterpenes like beta-caryophyllene, humulene etc) require a higher temperature to become volatile. Even ambient room temperature is enough for the monoterps to volatilize, and combined with the physical damage to the delicate resin heads during processing, it's enough to release vast, vast quantities of the overall available terpene pool into the air from the plant during drying.

You can see this with extracts if you look at terp data posted online from labs like SC, you'll notice that many of the waxes and extracts are almost devoid of monoterps, but contain large amounts of sesquiterps. This is because the more volatile monoterpenes are removed during the removal of the solvent during the extracting process. Some people are trying cold-traps to capture the terps for reintegration with the concentrate, with varying degrees of success.... but even the vacuum purging process is enough to bleed out significant amounts of terps, killing the flavour of the product.

All this to say that if you are drying herb, you are losing terps... there is no special, proprietary technique, that stops terp loss during drying- it's inevitable.

Question why anyone would try to blind and bamboozle you with ignorant or outright false claims... there is a lot of this going on with MMPR hounds trying to get licenses, making incredible and false claims to try to increase their stock value.... we've seen this with CEN Biotech and we're seeing it with this "supreme pharma" representative... the proof is in the science, and the proof is in the medicine.. so far all we've seen from most of these players is bullshit and lies and a complete lack of any scientific understanding of the plant.

As Flava-flav said eloquently, and how appropriate that it now applies to flavour... don't believe the HYPE!

-Chimera

Last edited: