What's new

Canadian Marijuana Market

Thesearch

almost all the outdoor weed I have smoked has that classic outdoor flavour, however, none of the ones I have grown outdoors has. Not sure why, as I have only a limited experience growing outdoors, and always grew without much fert or anything. I think some things that make them taste like that is just some bitterness from being subjected to the elements including being rained on, which may wash away some of the terpenes/flavanoids etc etc. Imagine if your indoor grow had the temperature and light intensity fluctuations of the average outdoor environment, and you watered your plants from the top down every time. They'd be a mess. that said, I often find a hint of outdoor flavour in greenhouse weed as well, and may attribute that to the exposure of the other elements.

need4weed

Veteran
Yup.. not sure what type of suckers this guy knows that are paying 3k a pound and for a 5 pack!? Theres no way. Single packs of the cream of the crop can maybe fetch $2500

Prices have gone up but its also never been easier for the average person to buy weed. There would never be a drought causing Prices to go up that much

And, once harvest comes around prices will plummet. Everyone with a backyard is growing their 4 plants which will last a whole household more than a year... Prices will be going down not up. Why would a pandemic effect weed prices? There is no supply chain interruption.

This is interesting reading about the market in Canada. The pandemic has driven the prices in the UK sky high. Pre-pandemic prices of boxes (kilo's) was £4200 from wholesale guys who are moving like 10 a week. Its fetching £6000 now and people will bight your hand off for it. I knew a lot of it was Spanish grown but since the pandemic the ports have been quite and those bringing it over the channel from France obviously aren't taking the risk. Clearly, the domestic market cant sustain itself

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Border security is tight. There's so little traffic because of non essential travel only, the boys at the border have lots of time to thoroughly inspect canadian trucks leading to record intersections. But I hear of someone shipping to the UK.

yahooman

:laughing:

Prices seem to be stable and moving up slowly. BC Lower Mainland... 1200 real nice looking blueberry, 1400 Alaskan Thunder, 1500 Pink Kush. I would say all are trips, most would consider borderline quads. Not singles either @ those prices... not bad IMO.

Is that for indoor or outdoor?
I live a 4 iron away from a native dispensary,my buddy does security there and I was grabbing smokes so I decided to pop into the pot shop for a glance.
I wanted to really stir up some shit cause the thc percentages as well as the cbd percentages seemed really off for some strains.and the prices are fucking insane!!!
If they are getting pounds for under $1500 and selling ounces for $320-$370 then something ain't right!!!
The growers do all the work and they mark up prices three,four even five fold!it upsets me greatly

First of all where are they getting the pot?im sure 70 plus% is from the black market?
I don't know much about the dispensary scene,can someone explain how this works?

The laws are insulting

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I live a 4 iron away from a native dispensary,my buddy does security there and I was grabbing smokes so I decided to pop into the pot shop for a glance.
I wanted to really stir up some shit cause the thc percentages as well as the cbd percentages seemed really off for some strains.and the prices are fucking insane!!!
If they are getting pounds for under $1500 and selling ounces for $320-$370 then something ain't right!!!
The growers do all the work and they mark up prices three,four even five fold!it upsets me greatly

First of all where are they getting the pot?im sure 70 plus% is from the black market?
I don't know much about the dispensary scene,can someone explain how this works?

The laws are insulting

They pay about 700 at most. Probably 500. I was there last week and they had a dozen different types of hash. Red Leb, Moroccan, Afghan, 5 different blond, gold leaf stamps and all. I'm pretty sure Tweed doesn't make that hash. Lol. Seems like they have lots of import.

mikeross

The laws are insulting

$320-370 a zip is unheard of in BC. I don't know much about the dispensary scene in BC but I can't see them charging that much either. Most people I know would pay around $150 per OZ and its gonna be pretty good.

Those prices I quote in the other post are for indoor and most would consider it all quads but IMO they looked like trips at best.

Friend unloaded a 10 pack of very very nice Tuna Kush @1700 per. That IMO was a very nice price for BC indoor.

mikeross

On ten? Makes my balls hurt.

Yup on ten... was super nice but machine trimmed dry.

I don't know, $1700 seems like a fair price to the grower. I know over a decade ago prices were much better but sub 2k for top shelf has been the standard for years. 2k+ for a single happens I'm sure....

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I'm just cheap. If it was machine trim the flower would have to be pretty good, never liked the look of the end result.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Build your own. All you need is buy the plates and the controller! Mind you, being a machinist helps. I already had a 3 ton press. Youtube is your friend :tiphat:

Tynehead Tom

No reason greenhouse grown should not be as good as any indoor grown..... boils down to how well you treat your garden and the genetics chosen.
Mendo Scout , BC 52N @3000ft
picture.php

picture.php

growshopfrank

Veteran
A little off topic but all those big border bulk pack busts do you think that its a case of idle homeland security hands with the reduced border traffic or did the horseman finally get some linguistic help?
My money is on the better translators....

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Idle hands. It was listed as a shipment of metal wire. If they didn't account for it the vehicle weight would have been off by a couple of tons.