What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canadian Marijuana Market

bigbag

Veteran
BC has been a Marijuana machine for 3 decades and Vancouver has been pretty much decrim since the 90's...up into the multiple Billions per year, well before medical ;) just back then, it all went south. now not so much, until LP's start exporting...

BC has been a Marijuana machine for 3 decades and Vancouver has been pretty much decrim since the 90's...up into the multiple Billions per year, well before medical ;) just back then, it all went south. now not so much, until LP's start exporting...

From what I see its all going east from BC and then south I guess where the numbers are higher.

Nope $900-1000/lb all day long in the GVRD. At least in BC I don't see it going up any time soon. Were about to see the new after the injunction crops come down so there's will be excess again in a week or two.

Is that for bubba, Hindu? Or PK? Afoaf was paying 1500 for pink or og but it wasn't no quads!

Is that for bubba, Hindu? Or PK? Afoaf was paying 1500 for pink or og but it wasn't no quads!

Pretty much everything. PK might be a little less and Pink more since its more "rare" for a few more months, maybe $1150 for nice stuff but it depends on the person selling it.

bigbag

Veteran
when, if ever does a guy see true "quads" ??? honkin' buds, frosted as can be, loud nose, clean burn, not sprayed and righteous buzz ??? almost never... ;)

when, if ever does a guy see true "quads" ??? honkin' buds, frosted as can be, loud nose, clean burn, not sprayed and righteous buzz ??? almost never... ;)

When the first 10 lb from a 20lb crop are packed with tops to be sold at higher value and the other 10lb are mid/bottoms which will slowly sell. That how most of the guy I know do it. You'd be surprised how many now piece out by ounces lol. At $100-120 you're still getting 1600-1900 albeit as bit slower. IF people can make $500 profit per lb they will keep growing.

S

sourpuss

The asians really got stuff upside down over here in ontario. Ontario only takes the bc crap cause its still better than the laundry dried viet schwag they got to compare it to. Sad state of weed in ontario. Great for private growers. Ps for over 2 if you got skills. Not that I sell, but if I felt like ramping up my pockets would be so fat. I could even sell my bottoms for 2 a p no prob. Ounces of my bottoms for 200 no prob. Turns my p into 3200

Get some better friends than cause I aint seen anything moving for more than 1k for a few now myself.
Couldn't take anything higher without laughing much less seriously.
2k's insanity at this point n the shit ppl tell high school kids not grown folk.
Sitting waiting till it drops to 500 wholesale for cooks n shit n ppl are still talking 2k nonsense is unbelievable imo.
Laugh in their faces till they give a quote that can be taken seriously, n keep doing so till 500 an elbow is exactly what it is.
at this point can see 1k being considered reasonable, but with things headed where they are, n as much supply as there is all over ppl should strt telling anyone working the market to get realistic.

cheers,.....................................................gps

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone with a hamster or 2 upstairs would be renting a condo and or shop in bc,

getting 10 pounds for 10k

blasting it all, then shipping it (wax, butter, shatter etc)in an expresspost envelope to toronto or montreal and get 50 a g wholesale.

times vs measures, get with the times lol

10lbs = 500g-900g wax. = 25k-45k minus 15 bucks for tp. not a bad model

more free info for the masses

med-man

S

sourpuss

Ouch 1000 a p.... might as well work a 9 to 5....

Was wondering why the quality of the bc import went down so dramatically. Most of it is improperly flushed and uncured. Stuff is a butterhigh as well....looks and smells bomb.... still better than thr viet schwag...

S

sourpuss

Might as well do it in ontario, bud is what moves here, and most r catching on to the bc beasters butterhigh bud. Kush that is weaker than high school outdoor.

blastfrompast

Veteran
anyone with a hamster or 2 upstairs would be renting a condo and or shop in bc,

getting 10 pounds for 10k

blasting it all, then shipping it (wax, butter, shatter etc)in an expresspost envelope to toronto or montreal and get 50 a g wholesale.

times vs measures, get with the times lol

10lbs = 500g-900g wax. = 25k-45k minus 15 bucks for tp. not a bad model

more free info for the masses

med-man
I am guessing the extract market out farther east must be picking up... I start talking dabs here and most people have no idea what I'm talking about.. I was chatting with a new canna-buddy who has been growing for years but has never had a dab of BHO..

He assumed all oil was the black/green nasty tar made from a super long hot ISO soak (extra chlorophyll for flavor) LOL

S

sourpuss

Ive never seen anyone with shatter unless they made it themselves..... although I see people with great oil that sits for ages.... good oil and shatter almost the same. Might make a difference if its more handleable. Everyone I know prefers bud. Its is bho oil as well good stuff, clean? Thats why I stay away personally.

Ras Mason

Veteran
Some of them are incredibly pure. However, i beleive that a chemical signature will always stick....(just saying, not a chemist).

S

sourpuss

Its funny, I dont chop, due to personal reasons, but the demand here is so great for good bud, I prob couldn't grow enough to keep my friends happy. Thats just the tip as ypu know once you start moving good prod it just multiplys....

Buddha1

Veteran
I am guessing the extract market out farther east must be picking up... I start talking dabs here and most people have no idea what I'm talking about.. I was chatting with a new canna-buddy who has been growing for years but has never had a dab of BHO..

He assumed all oil was the black/green nasty tar made from a super long hot ISO soak (extra chlorophyll for flavor) LOL

Here's some food for thought...LMAO...:dance013:

You are right and wrong...Back in the day we made two types of oil...one for us to keep and one to sell...It was all done with ISO 99%.

The keeper was warmed ISO put into a large glass "Miricle Whip" jar, 3/4 full of Marijuana(course grind) and rolled around for about 5-10 min., maybe a bit longer(depended on the guy). Then the ISO/pot mixture was run through a coffee filter to separate the ISO from the pot. Once it was separated, the ISO mixture was run through a charcoal filter to take all the nastiness out of the mix(to make it burned & tasted better). This produced a nice very light yellow colored ISO. This was then rendered down to really nice, as we called it...Honey Oil. We didn't get much(a few grams), but it was the shit...lol.

I'm sure the older guys all remember "Honey Oil"...The process was hoarded and kept very secret.

The second and the one to sell was as you said was the "black/green nasty tar". This was done the same as the first process but it was let soak for a week or so(until all the green was sucked out of the weed...lol). This produced ounces of oil that could be sold for $10-$20 a gram vile.

So you are right and wrong with your assessment. We were not as technically advanced as people today, but we had the good stuff back in the day too, we just hoarded it all...lol.

Now everyone gets the good stuff and don't know how good they have it, compared to what we smoked the 70's. The only reason we got away with selling the Black/Green pot oil was nobody including ourselves knew any better...We even smoked the leaves of the plants in the 70's and 80's too, that was called "Home Grown"...lol...and it got us high....lmfao.

Peace...B

blastfrompast

Veteran
Here's some food for thought...LMAO...:dance013:

You are right and wrong...Back in the day we made two types of oil...one for us to keep and one to sell...It was all done with ISO 99%.

The keeper was warmed ISO put into a large glass "Miricle Whip" jar, 3/4 full of Marijuana(course grind) and rolled around for about 5-10 min., maybe a bit longer(depended on the guy). Then the ISO/pot mixture was run through a coffee filter to separate the ISO from the pot. Once it was separated, the ISO mixture was run through a charcoal filter to take all the nastiness out of the mix(to make it burned & tasted better). This produced a nice very light yellow colored ISO. This was then rendered down to really nice, as we called it...Honey Oil. We didn't get much(a few grams), but it was the shit...lol.

I'm sure the older guys all remember "Honey Oil"...The process was hoarded and kept very secret.

The second and the one to sell was as you said was the "black/green nasty tar". This was done the same as the first process but it was let soak for a week or so(until all the green was sucked out of the weed...lol). This produced ounces of oil that could be sold for $10-$20 a gram vile.

So you are right and wrong with your assessment. We were not as technically advanced as people today, but we had the good stuff back in the day too, we just hoarded it all...lol.

Now everyone gets the good stuff and don't know how good they have it, compared to what we smoked the 70's. The only reason we got away with selling the Black/Green pot oil was nobody including ourselves knew any better...We even smoked the leaves of the plants in the 70's and 80's too, that was called "Home Grown"...lol...and it got us high....lmfao.

Peace...B

Shame QWISO didn't ever catch on...quick cold rinse....makes for a nice oil...

I know one old timer who still refuses to do a quick wash.....he just keeps adding trim......he adds trim waits a few weeks....strain...add more trim....repeat...till the shit is black as tar.....definately gets you high......but BLEH....i had one hoot and that was enough....
Course the same guy refuses to use gloves when trimming cause he just loves his finger hash....:pUKE: extra skin for the added flavor I guess