What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canada to decriminalize hard drugs in pilot study

Rider420

LOL prohibition is why criminal gangs exist!
My initial point in the thread was about circumventing the cartel importation of cocaine... I'm not trying to stop anyone from having a good time. I just want to see people consider the big picture and the other side of what you think you are perceiving.

But I realize that either I or my intention have been misunderstood.

I've kind of grown accustomed to that.
History repeats but some people just never learn from it.

https://www.history.com/news/prohibition-organized-crime-al-capone

"Kingpins like Al Capone were able to rake in up to $100 million each year thanks to the overwhelming business opportunity of illegal booze."

Pennies compared to what illicit drugs earn criminal gangs around the world.

Rider420

I don't want people dying from overdoses or cartel killings.
I agree BTW Most people die from a toxic drug supply, just like during alcohol prohibition. And like I said cartels only exist because of prohibition!
Sadly people still die every day from alcohol overdoses.
"There are 2,200 alcohol poisoning deaths in the US each year. Alcohol poisoning deaths: Most people who die are 35-64 years old"

RobFromTX

LOL prohibition is why criminal gangs exist!

History repeats but some people just never learn from it.

https://www.history.com/news/prohibition-organized-crime-al-capone

"Kingpins like Al Capone were able to rake in up to $100 million each year thanks to the overwhelming business opportunity of illegal booze."

Pennies compared to what illicit drugs earn criminal gangs around the world.
Thats exactly why criminal gangs exist. Legalize everything and theyd be broke in 3 months.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Legalization simply moves where the money is going.

It doesn't make a drug safer.

As was just pointed out, alcohol is still poisoning people regardless of its legal status.

Do you think the government has any more respect for you than cartels?

RobFromTX

Legalization simply moves where the money is going.

It doesn't make a drug safer.

As was just pointed out, alcohol is still poisoning people regardless of its legal status.

Do you think the government has any more respect for you than cartels?
Could you imagine the quality of alcohol today if it was still illegal? Its not the 30's. only the scum of the universe would be mass producing it. It would be much more poisonous. Who knows what the cartel would use to make it. Fentanyl on the rocks

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Could you imagine the quality of alcohol today if it was still illegal? Its not the 30's. only the scum of the universe would be mass producing it. It would be much more poisonous. Who knows what the cartel would use to make it. Fentanyl on the rocks
more folks making it today even though it is still illegal to do so except for as fuel. check out the stills on ebay. bad shit back in the day was "mostly" from idiots using lead-soldered radiators as condensation vessels. you don't get repeat customers by having them die or go blind.

Gry

Veteran
I didn't realize that looking at the difference between hard and soft drugs would be so upsetting.

I didn't mean to scare anyone.

I am going to get to work researching robberies, home invasions, and violent crime that have been linked to tobacco addiction.
A number of the Federal Buildings in DC, have tobacco leaves incorporated into their design, a homage to the age
when tobacco and cotton were king.

Rider420

If legalization lead to improved quality then nobody told the cannabis producers.
The BC Stats study commissioned by the BC Cannabis Secretariat shows 17 per cent of the survey's 25,000 participants reported buying pot from an unlicensed store last year, down from 56 per cent in 2018.

Sorry buddy but those who try the legal stuff don't go back to the black market.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The BC Stats study commissioned by the BC Cannabis Secretariat shows 17 per cent of the survey's 25,000 participants reported buying pot from an unlicensed store last year, down from 56 per cent in 2018.

Sorry buddy but those who try the legal stuff don't go back to the black market.
your average citizen wants to obey the law. i suspect that is even more true in Canada than here. moonshiners & other scofflaws are a beloved tradition here... Popcorn Sutton was a symbol of the "FUCK YOU!" many hold toward our government. this has been going on since even before we were a nation. "tell me i can't do something? watch this!" :shucks: contrarian fuckers, lol...:wave:

Maple_Flail

self reporting is not exactly empirical, just saying. basically all you are saying is that people are lazy and convenience sells, Buddy on the corner has a life. Dude behind the counter has a job to be available for the line open to close.
Super easy to pull up a menu for legal mail order and put in a credit card. Buddy on the corner or in the shops normally don't take plastic... cash and carry.

I'm also sure different regions has an effect, but the 'Illegal' dispensaries around here are still thriving, Legal shops have closed due to low business numbers while more illegal dispensaries are carving their niche. Legalization was pushed by the counterculture..

they were called the counter culture for a reason. At least around here.. IF you want something interesting you have to go to the illegal options.. legal market is super samey

Maple_Flail

Sure Mable and congratulations to the counter culture for becoming mainstream. You're still unique just like everyone one else.

you miss the point. plenty of those who still do the same old thing knowing the government and the corporates are not out for quality... its pushing low cost grown bags for premium prices.

mentioning the counter culture because there is still a push back here. It isn't that unique, it is simply what is actually happening. bout 5 months ago a 4.4 million dollar crop was busted about an hour from here.
massive green house.. none of that stuff was destined for the legal market.

but apparently people do this as a hobby just to sit on it an make instagram pictures?... sure this venture wasn't made at all because the demand is HUGE. that had nothing to do with it right?

Rider420

Smoking a joint enjoying life. While the rats run thier race for money. I grow my own. KARMA dude imagine never being happy or satisfied while watching drug users who are. You might even end up being a narc eh.
FYI counter culture or hippie is just a label there are plenty of shitty people in both groups. Its better to judge people by thier actions and words then what group label they got stuck with or belong to.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Many people are buying black market herb here.

Lots of subpar weed for sale legally.

The thing that I have noticed is that the price has dropped on the black market due to overstock from legal states, yet growers are still competing and selling superior product for much lower prices than they used to, even during high inflation.

If you want superior herb around here you are better off with the local dealer that doesn't just deal with import but has local suppliers.

Big companies have commitments and a little guy just has his principles.

What a company could overlook to enhance the bottom line an individual could consider the entire reason to shut down until the issue is corrected.

The illegality of cannabis has been a huge impetus for technology and development of radical achievement in the industry.

I don't doubt that there are plenty of advancements left ahead, I just wanted to go on record as saying that the majority of cannabis is likely going to shift towards yield and ease of trimming.

Improvement is completely relative.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
BM weed will never go away, just like Federally licensed garbage weed that will never go away.

It's quite simple to understand.

Some people are quite satisfied and content to drink Duff Beer. It's cheap and available at every store.

On the other hand, some people hate Duff Beer, and never even consider drinking one. These are the same people who are willing to pay more for a quality beer and refuse to lower their standards.

Moreover, these same people have been known to brew their own world class beer.

Capiche......?

RMS

:smoweed:

Latest posts

Latest posts