What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CAN YOU HELP TEST NEW SEEDBOUTIQUE?

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Observations:

1) No currency selection. You've addressed that.

2) Not all seed vendors are listed.

3) You can't change the quantities from the shopping basket.

Overall I liked the new look.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I'm a developer myself and sometimes do QA when we have a big project due and we're out of QA guys. A lot of my clients are fortune 500 companies and so a lot of my opinions here will be directly from stuff I'm used to or picked up from these clients' QA teams. I also work in marketing and some of my points may pertain directly to that (remove disclaimer page, clean up URLs, etc)

You absolutely need to use a CDN for the images and CSS (and JS and anything else!) this was mentioned before. I used to think this was overrated but we have clients that launch a site with advertising campaigns in germany, france, the US, etc and images are loaded way too slow if they're hosted in one place. a CDN will load images from a server close to the user instead of relying on 1 of your servers.

Top left logo is hideous but I'm sure that's only temporary.

The "SECURE WEBSITE" icon is meaningless but I'm sure that's also temporary until the site gets an SSL cert and all.

How do you change currency?

"SEED LIST" and the other 2 links are not very obvious. If I do see them, I wouldn't be sure if they're clickable.

That header image takes a lot of screen real estate and I didn't expect to see it past the initial disclaimer page.

Why is there a disclaimer page? It hurts conversions (sales.) Just have a pop up show up (like a lightbox) asking if the user agrees or not, and redirect them elsewhere if not.

Seed page issues

http://122.160.205.81/SeedBoutique/...-Nirvana-Feminised-5-pack-Master-Kush&Type=PD

what's up with that frame/gray BG image? I see that on a few of the seeds and it's plain ugly!

Also try to have multiple pics per strain..

The RECENT NEWS scroller is showing over the seed description. A bug—I'm on Mac Chrome.

Clean up the URLs. The URLs should look nice. It's extremely important!
ie site.com/bog/5-sour-bubble

"ASP" links are fugly by default but the coder should not have a hard time fixing this.

It would increase sales by reducing LMR (last minute resistance) if you put down freebies on the checkout cart page. If I have 1 bag of seeds and it's $200, I would be more enticed to go ahead with the order if I see that I'm getting a bunch of freebies. You don't have to list the exact freebie but at least make sure it's added to the list.

The "cart" is what I expect to receive physically in the mail, so the freebies (just "5 free quality seeds—0.00") are expected to show. Attitude does a great job here.

Classic Seeds

Veteran
what fun a unlimited budget for imadginary seeds will i bought them all volume is working good luck with this new programm its easy to find and access info aloha cls

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Nice, but the look on http://122.160.205.81/SeedBoutique/# ... the top seedbou graphic should be the same width as the photo below, the text area below

Then, on the site proper, I would like the whole seedbou graphic again stretched across the top, with the

icon-cart.jpg
Shopping Basket
Items - 00 Amount - £0.00

parts added into the GNSB graphic background [that is also scaled differently on these pages]

picture.php

Looks great otherwise, hope we are going to see more and more seed companies added there.

Trichromedout

Recovering Seed Whore
ICMag Donor
Seedboutique New website Feedback

Seedboutique New website Feedback

Won't let me look in shopping cart after placing item there

Will add more comments as they arise.
Trichchromedout

O

OneTokeOver

Add to basket button only records latest addition.

If I order a pack of seeds & go to check out and then decide I want more (I do this all the time) I click keep shopping to take me back to the seed's page. When I add another 2 packs it overwrites the previous pack and only shows the 2 additional in my cart.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
When registering and you are in the Country field hitting the letter U does not jump to the first U country in the list.

When on the CUSTOMER ORDER HISTORY page the drop down list for Order Status lists Despatched and I think it should be Dispatched.

I got a SQL error when searching for train, see attached error.txt file. Same search worked fine the second time but it did not find Trainwreck 2 from Head that I know is on the new site.

After performing a search for train I get 6 results and the first three are for A-Train with the same picture but they each have a different price and unless you mouse over each result you don't know how they are different. I would suggest listing the breeder, fem or not and number seeds on the search results.

Clicking on Shopping Basket at the top after adding items takes you to main disclaimer page and not your cart.

If you are on a seed listing and you change the quantity and hit the Enter key on your keyboard then you are taken to your basket without the quantity of seeds you entered being added.

On the Checkout screen a user can skip past the shipping address without filling in anything.

If you add an alias in the My Account screen and click update the main page now displays your full name instead of just the first name and I think it should display the alias you added instead. If you logout and back in the main page will display Welcome: First Name until you go to My Account and click the Update button.

When looking at some breeders list of seeds the fifth listing (first one in second row) is not selectable for Add to cart. This happens for most but not all breeders.

If you go to a breeders listing there are 8 types listed on the first page but if you go to the second page and add one of the pack to your cart you are returned to what it says is page 2 but now all 8 from page one are listed also. Example, go to Ace Seeds, click the page 2 link, click the add to basket box for Guerrilla, click the Add to basket button and it refreshes page 2 with all 11 Ace Seed listings.

I think it would be great on the main seed list page if you could have the number of varieties available after the breeder. For example Ace Seeds would have an 11 after it indicating that he has 11 varieties available.

That is all for now, I will pop back in later. I do really like the overall look and feel of the new site.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
I really like it. looks more professional.

I don't like how on the 'browse seeds" menu it lists letters which have no contents...imo kinda makes the site look a little bare with all those holes...for example can you just hide the "J" since joint doctor is no longer listed on there? It would also make more seedbanks appear at once on the same screen which means less scrolling for us and a fuller looking seed inventory for you.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
The mouse over image for the Top Sellers image is 1 pixel off to the right

On the Sign Up page there is not a place to enter State

The Read More... link under TikiSeedBank at the bottom of the sign up page takes you to the disclaimer page, TikiSeedBank image not linked

The pop up after adding a review says "Thank you for your review, It has been submitted for final approval to ensure, and will..." Needs a word after ensure.

The review posted for Himalaya Gold(GRSF) by burrrning is cut off at the end, may need to up the character count

Add misspellings to search so gypsey returns results for gypsy, haed for head

All search results list the search term you entered - English Woodlands Burrow Nursery in the title bar

The magnifying glass on the pictures pops up the same size image as the original picture

I do not see a way to cancel an order that is still being processed

The listings on the Top Sellers and New Seeds pages do not have mouse over pop ups

Remove the [1 to more] next to the price on seed listings, unless there will be bulk discounts of course :), after a another look at it I think the entire Price:: line could be removed if bulk pricing is not to be used

An option to set currency type in our profile would be awesome

No error pop up for trying to add over 100 packs, some strange behavior when adding large numbers to cart

Never get to Confirm order page after click Confirm order button it just returns to the Payment detail page

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
A few things I noticed that can be summed up with the help of this picture:

1. The box represents frame overlap I am experiencing. It treats a click within that box as if it were on the news highlight stopping the news feed scroll. I am using FF v3.6.11 with NoScript v2.0.3.5 (seedbou allowed).

2. Why can't I click the strain name to take me to the strain description?

3. Give me an option up here to click back a category rather than having to use my browser back button.

4. How about the Breeder and/or Strain info up here (also clickable to take me to that category)?

A few more notes:
Numerous spelling errors, there is no excuse for this.
Clicking the "Shopping Basket" returns me to the entry page with the legal disclaimer.
I can't change the quantity in the shopping basket (increase or decrease), only remove items.
The strain thumbnail pictures don't display until the "order confirm" screen, seems like it wouldn't hurt to have them viewable.
As stated there is no currency option which I understand will be added later, but when it does please make it reflect the daily exchange rate. Too often I notice on seedbou the prices in USD are much higher than they should be. That assumes the price in pounds sterling is the baseline.
The Seed List page looks too much like its pulled from a wiki article, make it look more professional. Visit your competitor's website for a good example, you know which one.
Where do I put in coupon codes?!?!

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
No listing at the top as a directory like on seedbay?

example: Current Category: Main > Marijuana Seeds > Grindhouse

so you can click back just by that listing of links instead of having to go back pages

J

John Bourne

**** PLEASE NOTE WE HAVE SHUT DOWN BETA TESTING, THE FEEDBACK WE HAVE GOTTEN FROM ICMAG USERS HAS BEEN FANTASTIC. WE'VE COMPILED A LIST OF BUGS, GLITCHES AND KINKS AND WILL BE WORKING HARD TO RESOLVE ALL THESE ISSUES IN THE NEXT LITTLE WHILE BEFORE WE FINALLY LAUNCH THE NEW BOO SITE. WE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND EXCELLENT INPUT. THANK YOU!!!****