What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can we please make a Sticky for Powdery Mildew, Bud Rot, etc...

Oh the lovely Botrytis poked it's ugly head into one of my flowering tents. I'm so pissed, I'm just over a week from harvest and it struck one of my 3 plants in that tent. I chopped and hung the infected plant yesterday. I have it hanging in 50ish rh closet, so continued growth should not happen.
My question is the other 2 plants that shared the tent. No visible sings of rot but I'm extremely nervous, it's well over a half pound of med. I started my flush Sat. I grow in coco Hempy 5 Gal with Kiss feeding reg. I hate to prematurely chop these. Never dealt with rot before on an indoor grow. Right now in Mass it's 75-80% humidity out! My dehumidifier is working overtime.
Damn man, any support would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Grass

Muss

Nova 40W

Nova 40W

I got a product called nova 40, I had a huge pm issue for a couple years and then I got this product,it's been two years since my first and only application.
It's something I would only use in veg never on flowers.
If you don't ever wan to see mould again this product works, it's systemic and actually kills pm and keeps It away,I'm surprised there is so much pm issues on here with products like this out there.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a quick google search tells us nova 40 has the same active ingredient as eagle 20.
myclobutanil
nothing im gonna use on my smoke :)

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK I've read through a few of these threads on PM. Most people believe low humidity keeps PM from becoming a problem. But one person said he got PM at 25% humidity. So I am try ing to figure that one out.

The first time I had a real problem with PM was this summer. One plant was slightly infected a few years back but I lowered the humidity and kept it in check. So maybe one slightly infected plant in many years of growing….. until this summer. It was record breaking hot in the Seattle area here. I resisted buying an AC unit and it got so hot I had to turn off my dehumidifier. The air intake was from the hot garage maybe 100 degrees F into the cooler flower room of say 80 degrees F.

The hot air entering a cooler room could form moisture on the plants and cause PM to grow if present in the room.

But my question is why would it affect rooms with low humidity?

So maybe cool the hot outside air and dehumidify it before it enters the grow room?

coldcanna

Veteran
Stagnant air has been the root of PM in my experience. Plenty of people run high RH rooms you just have to have ample air movement, the more fans the better!

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks coldcanna, I have 2 fans in the room but more might help. I am starting to think there are some strains of this that are like the plague. I have looked at sulfur burners but I need one for small rooms, they make them for 1,000 sq/ft. I tried the Green Cure (potassium bicarbonate mostly) it seems to help so maybe just need to use a few more times . I wonder if anyone has tried a fogger that kills PM?

the gnome

Veteran
Stagnant air has been the root of PM in my experience. Plenty of people run high RH rooms you just have to have ample air movement, the more fans the better!

Ive had PM once in 4yrs
1st time i didn't run a fan because it broke
it was winter, my Rh is low this time of year and i didn't think twice about it until I was mid-bloom and though i was getting weird shadows across the leaves.
Volck oil did an impressive job of controlling it til harvest.
i picked a lot of the infected leaves and carefully treated the where the PM was the worst.
btw it took hold on the bottom 1/2 of the plants.
i got lazy and complacent and didn't lollipop and no fan.

btw Volck oil is great old school stuff, it's mineral oil,
it has a very low order of toxicity
kills mites, white flies, rusts and scale and many other critters
plus it's an ovacide :smoke:

Vert2Go

Hello Everyone,

5 Years ago I had PM and Jorge Cervantes' method of washing PM from plants and dunking into Hydrogen Peroxide and Water worked!!! I PROMISE you this method works. If my link does not post then go to youtube and type in Jorge Cervantes washing mildew away.

Here is link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAmVY1-K5kc

I realize that I am new to this Forum but I have been growing for a very long time and I am FOREVER indebted to Mr. Cervantes for this Tek. He saved my entire Grow! If you do not know who Jorge is then familiarize yourself with his work in the field of Marijuana Botany and Care!

Oh, I would also like to report that the resulting smoke after this process was fantastic! I know it looks scary but I bit the bullet and did it. If you have to move fast and can gather a friend or two to help you, you can production line the process and get through the girls.

1 person is Cutter, keep the branches big, saves time. Those were the days that I grew big Girls
1 person is Rinser/Sprayer
1person is Dunker
1 person is Branch Wracker Hanger or double up the duties and cut down your crew to two.

Also check out Sprays and Water mgt. applications H202 for your problem(s)

Good luck to all,

Pippa

Team Microbe

Veteran
Hello Everyone,

5 Years ago I had PM and Jorge Cervantes' method of washing PM from plants and dunking into Hydrogen Peroxide and Water worked!!! I PROMISE you this method works. If my link does not post then go to youtube and type in Jorge Cervantes washing mildew away.

Here is link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAmVY1-K5kc

I realize that I am new to this Forum but I have been growing for a very long time and I am FOREVER indebted to Mr. Cervantes for this Tek. He saved my entire Grow! If you do not know who Jorge is then familiarize yourself with his work in the field of Marijuana Botany and Care!

Oh, I would also like to report that the resulting smoke after this process was fantastic! I know it looks scary but I bit the bullet and did it. If you have to move fast and can gather a friend or two to help you, you can production line the process and get through the girls.

1 person is Cutter, keep the branches big, saves time. Those were the days that I grew big Girls
1 person is Rinser/Sprayer
1person is Dunker
1 person is Branch Wracker Hanger or double up the duties and cut down your crew to two.

Also check out Sprays and Water mgt. applications H202 for your problem(s)

Good luck to all,

Pippa

Dude... NO!

Please don't advocate this to others, and if you're hear to spread misinformation (only 3 posts?) then please leave. On another note, have a good day!

Vert2Go

Dude... NO!

Please don't advocate this to others, and if you're hear to spread misinformation (only 3 posts?) then please leave. On another note, have a good day!

Uhhh, I am actually not a Dude, am female and I did this and it worked very well.

I am not here to "spread misinformation," and I do not think Jorge Cervantes is a spreader of "misinformation."

It worked for me. I am doing a great deal of research on the uses of Hydrogen Peroxide and its botanical usage. Did you look at the Video? Do you know who Jorge Cervantes is? Did you see my other thread regarding using Hydrogen Peroxide and Molasses?

This application worked for me. Plain and simple.

Cheers,

Pippa:) (that's a female name)

theJointedOne

Veteran
Jorge is full of a lot of information, mostly grow lore, imho.

From my experience, PM takes its footing in dry, dark, warm.

It spreads like crazy in moist, dark, warm.

Team Microbe

Veteran
Uhhh, I am actually not a Dude, am female and I did this and it worked very well.

I am not here to "spread misinformation," and I do not think Jorge Cervantes is a spreader of "misinformation."

It worked for me. I am doing a great deal of research on the uses of Hydrogen Peroxide and its botanical usage. Did you look at the Video? Do you know who Jorge Cervantes is? Did you see my other thread regarding using Hydrogen Peroxide and Molasses?

This application worked for me. Plain and simple.

Cheers,

Pippa:) (that's a female name)

Define "worked" if you would.

Did it pass lab tests?

Vert2Go

Look. I posted a response to something that worked for me. People have a choice to view the Vid and either use it or not!

I respectfully disagree with you regarding Jorge Cervantes but each to his own.

Desperate circumstance, desperate measures and this worked for me.

Team Microbe

Veteran
Look. I posted a response to something that worked for me. People have a choice to view the Vid and either use it or not!

I respectfully disagree with you regarding Jorge Cervantes but each to his own.

Desperate circumstance, desperate measures and this worked for me.

So you're unsure of whether or not it was safe to smoke is what you're saying...

Jorge is a non-credible source of info amongst the cannabis community (not the stoners, the actual community). This method is delusional at best, and unsafe no matter how much H202 you dump on the flowers. It doesn't go away if you turn it into concentrate either... it just becomes more toxic. But way to go! smh

Vert2Go

We only had a same strain comparison from the previous Grow and all were pleased. It was Barney's Farm "Red Diesel."

I do not understand your "three post" paranoia and accusatory demeanor that I am here to nefariously spread misinformation. Yes, I am new to this Forum but not new to Growing. Any sort of Botanical endeavor is a constant learning experience. I simply posted something that worked for me and if you would like, you or someone else could test this procedure out on an infected Bud or 1 plant and spend the Money to send it to a Lab.

Regards,

Pippa

Latest posts

Latest posts