What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can we please make a Sticky for Powdery Mildew, Bud Rot, etc...

@art,. I just saw about the potassium bicarb. Gonna give that a try.

Hey Mack there's a company in BC called Optic Foliar. They have a product for PM called Elium. It can be used up to 5 days before harvest. No residuals. Not sure if your interested but it's a option and cheap. $15 for a concentrate.

A

anoydas 666

I used this a few years ago and it worked real well for pm.
picture.php

I used this a few years ago and it worked real well for pm.View Image

They changed the product name to Elium from what I see online. I used it with transport. It works but you have to spray every few days to keep it at bad. I'm 7-10 days from chop so it's h2O2 and raised ph til the end
I will never take a plant indoors again, EVER
What a battle

therevverend

Veteran
In 2018 a friend and I both got hit by PM outdoors. 2019 had perfect conditions for another round. I sprayed the plants with chitosan in early September, continuing through the month. Totally cured it. Same thing for my buddy.

One of my plants, the same strain that was devastated in 2018, started to get hit hard. Almost gave the plant away, it was in a spot near trees and squash that was heavily infected. I basically wrote it off. A couple weeks later the PM was gone. It may be a coincidence, I was also spraying Prestop, it's not an experiment that was repeated over and over, but it brought the PM to a dead stop.

The year before I used potassium carbonate, didn't do much. The PM was far too spread around and systemic. It was a waste of time. Sulfur burner is the only other way I've treated plants that's worked, although there are other ways. Bourdeaux mix is suppose to help.

What is name of this?
I've heard rust, and leafspot septoria.

Any help is appreciated

Wish I'd seen this last year, might have been able to help. Yes that looks like a Spetoria species, I think there's 3 that prey on cannabis. Yellow leaf spot. I've had it myself, it loves cool wet weather. It spreads quickly, gets on your clothes and hops from plant to plant. I've gotten it from contact with other plants, blackberries and weeds. The best way to get rid of it is for the weather to improve. The ganja will outgrow it.

Pruning, avoiding over-fertilization, and growing genetically resistant strains are the only treatments. There's no bio-control at this point. It's a systemic thing, it'll over-winter in your area in the soil near the surface. You want to dig deep and break up the soil when you plant out the next year or it could come back.

Keep your plants spread apart, don't let them get soaked for days on end, it seems like sunlight kills it off fairly quickly.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Have you guys ever used Doctor Zymes?
Kills softbodied pests, KILLS EGGS, kills mold, mildew, and fungus.

I have used it to kill spider mites and their eggs. Works great.

I haven't had any pm to try it on, but have heard great reviews.

hash head

Need help PM in bud on large outdoor plants.. got milstop (Potassium Bicarbonate) sprayed with it weeks ago but the PM has returned.. have 2 or 3 weeks to go until harvest and dont want the pm to get worse.. it appears on the shady side of many of the plants worse and seems to be getting worse every moment.. anyone have experience with milk method? Is the diluted milk something that will really get rid of the PM? Is it possible to spray the milk in flower? Also for the milstop is an atomizer sprayer or a normal sump pump with hose and sprayer better? For the milk/water mix is an atomizer or sump pump better? These plants are very large and theres many of them.. help please

Sunshineinabag

Can I save her?

Can I save her?

Never dealt with this before. Can she be saved? The fuken flowers make my fingers stick together like glue....really would like to save it if possible

Attachments

• IMG_20201018_091521.jpg
    IMG_20201018_091521.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20201018_091446.jpg
    IMG_20201018_091446.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 130

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
never used milk close to harvest, but have used green cure a few days b4 taking em down, and i always wash the plants with a combo of baking soda,hyd perox, and lemon juice- it is suppose to take off pm and other nasties, without hurting the buds/tricomes...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
heres a question about indoors - i have a small 4x3.5' tent in a small room- my last grow i had PM- with a window fan and another fan blowing into the tent, i am sure the spores are all around the tent/room- i stopped growing at the end of may, and the tent/room have been empty - the temp on a 80degree outside day is 90, and on a 90+ day its over 100F... will leaving the room empty for 3+ months kill the spores??? - i will spray a couple of times b4 adding plants with hyd peroxide, and bleach (tho some say bleach is useless)- just wondering how long these spores last

hamstring

Veteran
Looking for some advice on PM.

I recently purchased a couple of clones and had them in an isolated room. Noticed some WPM on one of the leaves of a Runtz clone. Removed the leave and didn't think much about it. I then started to notice it on other leaves and even on the other Kandy Kush clone ( wasn't there before). I have sprayed with hydrogen peroxide.

I keep reading contradictions all over here and the internet about it being systemic. Systemic or not what I keep reading is once you have it getting rid of it is next to impossible. You just have to manage it.

I just battled spider mites for 6 months and am slowly coming out of that. I spent $250.00 on these two clones but considering getting rid of them. The last thing I want to do is introduce them to my other girls.

What would you do?

hamstring

Veteran
Well no thanks to you mugs:biglaugh:. I decided to throw out $250.00 worth of clones. Well kind of. I put them outside. They weren’t clones they were teenagers. Glad I did it the runts is still showing wpm on most the leaves.

Latest posts

Latest posts