What's new

Can we have a Competition to win tickets&passes for the IC420 please Gypsy?

Can we have a Competition to win tickets&passes for the IC420 please Gypsy?

• Yes-Id enter instantly

Votes: 41 97.6%
  • No-Its a crap idea!

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scrogerman

Veteran
It's a great idea in principle.. unfortunately legally it's a minefield, at least here in the UK, as the Gambling Commission have strict rules against what they deem lotteries.. and this would probably end up in that category.

Would love it to work out tho..

I thought of that too McS, Private invite, could be done away from forums. How hard would it be to send out a PM invite to a private raffle? £1 buy in(per ticket, max 5 tickets per person), could all be done on a virtual level, just send in the dollar & your in, confirmed by PM etc etc. This one aint so hard to get around if its done right.
You are right though, but it could just as easily be viewed as a competition. What they dont know, cant hurt them as they say!

i think theres a possibility if it was run privately that it might actually skip any kind of prosecution from any kind of gambling commision, we are all members of a club, but law is a point of interest in such a scheme, for sure. I say let it be member only invite/private, otherwise we'll get people joining just to enter, gambling licenses, dont know, have to look into that for clubs etc.

It could be done on a donation basis(we have a server fund??) im sure we could get around stuff like that, come on we are cleverer than that! where theres a will...

Last edited: