What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can Not Shake This Calcium Deficiency/Lockout For The Life Of Me!! Why???

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
H2O2 is all i have to say 50/50 for 3% stop messing around

So what product do you use to get that much H202? Switching to coco soon and I run a dead res 60 gallon hooked to a manifold in the test room. Also will probably return to aero cloning. 30 gallons seems like a lot to be running 24/7 and costly? Or is this the nuclear option?

Is it worth using beneficial fungicides when running high h202 like that? Would those be bad to run in a dead res?

Rabbi

Update:

So like I previously mentioned I ended up pitching ALL my previous plants(mothers, cuttings, everything) and moved forward with new seedlings after cleaning and disinfecting the shit out of my veg room and all the equipment. Can't lie it fuckin sucked lol.

Unfortunately though last week the rot started creeping back up again on the roots of the new plants. So what I ended up doing was I hauled out some water from the city(i used to live in) and did a res change with it. I am finally happy to report that 4 days later the roots have made a complete recovery and are now booming.

Turns out that the water source(town water) was my problem the entire time. Even after running it through r/o, getting the ppm down to 0, using a UV sterilizer light in my holding tank and adding 2-3ppm of pool shock twice a week, that still was not enough to prevent root rot. Good to finally know ffs lol.

Just wanted to share that update with everyone who has been keeping up with this thread and hopefully my bad experience can help others in the future that run into a similar situation. If moving from the city to the country and you get skunked with root rot, think water source first before fucking around with everything else like I did. Hopefully this advice can help save someone from all the BS I went through.

JimMuscles

Update:

So like I previously mentioned I ended up pitching ALL my previous plants(mothers, cuttings, everything) and moved forward with new seedlings after cleaning and disinfecting the shit out of my veg room and all the equipment. Can't lie it fuckin sucked lol.

Unfortunately though last week the rot started creeping back up again on the roots of the new plants. So what I ended up doing was I hauled out some water from the city(i used to live in) and did a res change with it. I am finally happy to report that 4 days later the roots have made a complete recovery and are now booming.

Turns out that the water source(town water) was my problem the entire time. Even after running it through r/o, getting the ppm down to 0, using a UV sterilizer light in my holding tank and adding 2-3ppm of pool shock twice a week, that still was not enough to prevent root rot. Good to finally know ffs lol.

Just wanted to share that update with everyone who has been keeping up with this thread and hopefully my bad experience can help others in the future that run into a similar situation. If moving from the city to the country and you get skunked with root rot, think water source first before fucking around with everything else like I did. Hopefully this advice can help save someone from all the BS I went through.

What in the fuck is in that water lmao??? Holy shit. Dont drink it lol?

Rabbi

What in the fuck is in that water lmao??? Holy shit. Dont drink it lol?

Lol I know, fuck I have been drinking it and feeding it to my dogs as well. I even took it in somewhere, had it tested and they said it was all good. However my plants say something else.

Anyway won't be drinking or feeding to my dogs anymore. Good thing I grow because I would of never known otherwise.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Monterrey makes a version of this product as well. Its supposed to treat a whole slew of fungus issues including pyth and is cheap. Has anyone used either one? A systemic safe for herbs and veggies sounds nice. Lots of good reviews. I started looking for alternatives since all the other fungicides I was finding are expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CJJ0BCM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Heres pdf for the monterrey version.

http://www.montereylawngarden.com/d...nterey Garden Phos_2-column-(01)_12 23 15.pdf

Rabbi

Monterrey makes a version of this product as well. Its supposed to treat a whole slew of fungus issues including pyth and is cheap. Has anyone used either one? A systemic safe for herbs and veggies sounds nice. Lots of good reviews. I started looking for alternatives since all the other fungicides I was finding are expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CJJ0BCM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.montereylawngarden.com/...nterey Garden Phos_2-column-(01)_12 23 15.pdf
If you try it let us know how it works out. Ya fungicides are hella expensive usually.

OneHitDone

https://www.montereylawngarden.com/...nterey Garden Phos_2-column-(01)_12 23 15.pdf
Plant Doctor is amazing stuff. I have used it on greenhouse tomatoes and other veggies to fight pm and other issues.
It makes growing tomatoes outdoors at my location which is otherwise damn near impossible possible.
Works wonders on cannabis too for emergency treatment situations without causing harm to the plants like so many other products out there seem to do.
Zero setback

LostTribe

Premium user
Update:

Last week I read on another thread where the tap water someone had was infected with some type of bacteria which just killed his plants.

Hope you work this out. I think I have had tap water issues even with running it through my RO too.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm on a well and the ph is 7 on the dot. I also have a water filter tap for drinking water because the kids don't like the earthy flavor from the unfiltered tap in the spring. When I use that clean filtered drinking water on my seedlings, they hate it and struggle to breath and live. Lots of damping off, and seedlings can sit there at 3" tall without growth for 4 weeks.

When I use the unfiltered well water, they explode with growth, are healthy to the point that my autos start flowering at 4-5 weeks. My photos are 1' tall and bushy at 5 weeks, but stunted with the filtered water.

beta

Veteran
I'm on a well and the ph is 7 on the dot. I also have a water filter tap for drinking water because the kids don't like the earthy flavor from the unfiltered tap in the spring. When I use that clean filtered drinking water on my seedlings, they hate it and struggle to breath and live. Lots of damping off, and seedlings can sit there at 3" tall without growth for 4 weeks.

When I use the unfiltered well water, they explode with growth, are healthy to the point that my autos start flowering at 4-5 weeks. My photos are 1' tall and bushy at 5 weeks, but stunted with the filtered water.

What kind of filter are you using? I bet it's pulling out calcium and magnesium.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
The best results I ever had growing was a recirculating hydroponic setup using 400ppm well water, calcium should be re classified as a macronutrient lol.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I made some calcium from egg shells, but I'm afraid to use it. It's in vinegar and has to be diluted 1000/1 (in water)

[iframe1]yPARtxlNrjo[/iframe1]

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Only Ornamental mentioned Quick lime and hydrated lime can be mixed with Glycine amino acid to make chelated calcium/magnesium also if your looking for other homemade things to try.

Latest posts

Latest posts