What's new

Can dogs smell BHO?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
i read one time a name of a chemical supposedly they are trained for, i think its in all weed, regardless of thc content. i dont think its actually a terpene, but i cant find the info. think it was posted on this site actually.

Caryophyllene oxide was mentioned in a single German forensic journal article in 1973, and there is apparently no other research that has been published in unrestricted journals since then. Presumably the Germans were using hash to train dogs with at the time, and everything will depend on what the dog you run into was trained with. Dogs are often trained with mock substances, who knows.

BTW
The caryophyllene produced by the plant is a known CB2 agonist.
Plastic WTF? Glass tubes can be made into ampoules, welded shut is welded shut, and so on.
A mason jar would have to be holding vacuum to get past close encounters with dogs.
Steam distillation of the volatiles will make extracts less stinky, and this oil concentrate can be added to buds if you wonder how much effect terpenes really have, comparing them to buds that were de-oiled in this way.

Industrial grade vacpac +petrol wash +vacpac +petrol wash+vacpac.This for sure works but industrial vac pac machines are not cheap and petrol washing is a hazardous pass time.ps between the first and second vac pac you must move to a new clean cannabis free location everyone must change into new clean clothes,shower,fresh rubber gloves etc.

mrcreosote

Veteran
yes they can. i know for a fact

Hides oil stash... comes home later...

passed-out-dog.jpg

My dogs can smell hash oil. 1 will eat candy made with it but 1 won't, but he'll eat dried trim, after he had an unfortunate incident a few years ago with a medicated batch of gingerbread made with hash oil. So he won't eat anything made with hash oil anymore, but he'll eat plain dried trim, and even sneaks it sometimes.

IDK about k-9 dogs now, but I almost had a close encounter on a plane trip this past year, which scared the crap out of me. I didn't want to go up and pet the doggie to find out if k-9 dogs can smell hash oil or not.

Caryophyllene oxide was mentioned in a single German forensic journal article in 1973, and there is apparently no other research that has been published in unrestricted journals since then. Presumably the Germans were using hash to train dogs with at the time, and everything will depend on what the dog you run into was trained with. Dogs are often trained with mock substances, who knows.

BTW
The caryophyllene produced by the plant is a known CB2 agonist.
Plastic WTF? Glass tubes can be made into ampoules, welded shut is welded shut, and so on.
A mason jar would have to be holding vacuum to get past close encounters with dogs.
Steam distillation of the volatiles will make extracts less stinky, and this oil concentrate can be added to buds if you wonder how much effect terpenes really have, comparing them to buds that were de-oiled in this way.
There goes GO Joe again with his mentally unstable ravings, driven by glory-seeking egoism. Everyone knows that (E)-β-
caryophyllene is the CB2 agonist, not caryophyllene oxide. Mental problems again!

of4hsm.png

G.O. Joe

Veteran
There goes GO Joe again with his mentally unstable ravings, driven by glory-seeking egoism. Everyone knows that (E)-β-caryophyllene is the CB2 agonist, not caryophyllene oxide. Mental problems again!

Is there some part of "the caryophyllene produced by the plant" that is unclear? Oh, it's Asperger's Troll again. I'm not sure which of his former incarnations I pissed off or how, but I didn't do it by posting nonsense.

Is there some part of "the caryophyllene produced by the plant" that is unclear? Oh, it's Asperger's Troll again. I'm not sure which of his former incarnations I pissed off or how, but I didn't do it by posting nonsense.

LOL, it sure sounds like there's a part of the (E) BETA caryophyllene, produced by the plant, as opposed to the (Z) beta caryophyllene that IS NOT FOUND IN CANNABIS, that is unclear TO YOU. I didn't realize that actually knowing about the things that you continue to incorrectly copy and paste in these fora is being an "Asperger's Troll". Please continue to mock those with this syndrome while you misrepresent facts about cannabis. Learn to read, caryophyllene oxide is specifically said to NOT SHOW SIGNIFICANT BINDING ACTIVITY. Learn to fucking read. Fuck.

Everyone go to the link that he provided you and is so proud of, so that you can see how he likes to run away when he fucks up his copy / pastes. See how he goes back and edits insults into his posts relating to hate speech against the mentally challenged. How proud he is of his Asperger's slights! How little he has left to be proud of once his hollow facts are proven flawed.

This individual knows absolutely why I take issue with him. I stated so in the posts to which he links. He recklessly skews actual information in order to misrepresent the truth. He claims that CO2 extraction is too dangerous to be undertaken, then cites an example of lab disaster from before the industrial revolution. Why not impugn that other Frenchman for getting glass in his eye in the 18th century while discovering the nature of saturated liquid gases using heated chloral hydrate? For that matter why not just claim that caryophyllene oxide and the cis- and trans- isomers of beta caryophyllene are the same thing? Anything to win an argument or parade one's psychic short erection around the room.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
LOL, it sure sounds like there's a part of the (E) BETA caryophyllene, produced by the plant, as opposed to the (Z) beta caryophyllene that IS NOT FOUND IN CANNABIS, that is unclear TO YOU. I didn't realize that actually knowing about the things that you continue to incorrectly copy and paste in these fora is being an "Asperger's Troll". Please continue to mock those with this syndrome while you misrepresent facts about cannabis. Learn to read, caryophyllene oxide is specifically said to NOT SHOW SIGNIFICANT BINDING ACTIVITY. Learn to fucking read. Fuck.

Everyone go to the link that he provided you and is so proud of, so that you can see how he likes to run away when he fucks up his copy / pastes. See how he goes back and edits insults into his posts relating to hate speech against the mentally challenged. How proud he is of his Asperger's slights! How little he has left to be proud of once his hollow facts are proven flawed.

This individual knows absolutely why I take issue with him. I stated so in the posts to which he links. He recklessly skews actual information in order to misrepresent the truth. He claims that CO2 extraction is too dangerous to be undertaken, then cites an example of lab disaster from before the industrial revolution. Why not impugn that other Frenchman for getting glass in his eye in the 18th century while discovering the nature of saturated liquid gases using heated chloral hydrate? For that matter why not just claim that caryophyllene oxide and the cis- and trans- isomers of beta caryophyllene are the same thing? Anything to win an argument or parade one's psychic short erection around the room.

Troll is as troll does, and Asperger's Troll will continue his trolling.

Caryophyllene as produced by the plant is a CB2 agonist exactly as I said. It's only full text from the National Academy of Sciences...why do I need to defend this?
http://www.pnas.org/content/105/26/9099.long

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
it may have been sealed adequately, but one must use gloves and the like, be wearing completely different clothes than the ones used packaging. its quite likely he smelled weed odor coming from some minute particle outside the package, moreso than smelling it through multiple sealed layers.
This is exactly why.

Anytime items are sent or meant to be carried through enemy lines... precautions need to be taken. Gloves, a fresh box of ZIPLOCK or other quality baggies and preferably a hard, air-tight container of some sort.

Gloves and fresh baggies (Note the plural use of baggie) to keep from getting tainted with scent molecules on the outside of the bag. A hard container to prevent the repeated squishing of the baggies during transport.

Definitely odor control between baggies for some of the smellier strains...

It can be done, you just have to be careful.

Stay Safe! :D :blowbubbles:

Troll is as troll does, and Asperger's Troll will continue his trolling.

Caryophyllene as produced by the plant is a CB2 agonist exactly as I said. It's only full text from the National Academy of Sciences...why do I need to defend this?
http://www.pnas.org/content/105/26/9099.long
Very well, you win, cis-beta caryophyllene, trans-beta caryophyllene, caryophyllene oxide, and alpha caryophyllene are all caryophyllene. Therefore, all are CB2 agonists, not only the two cis-trans isomers of beta caryophyllene, the (E) configuration of which is the one found in cannabis. You're so right dude. All of them are CB2 agonists even though caryophyllene oxide and alpha caryophyllene are NOT. They are because you SAY so. You're so important.

Seriously, it's so sad that you'll post a link to the same article that I own in PDF format and have shown you above. By showing you above I proved you are wrong and I am right. You are so incapable of cannabis research that you cannot even see this. You still think all caryophyllenes are the same despite an easy to read Figure showing the molecules themselves. You think they have the same CB2 activity despite the ACTUAL Ki values being published and easily visible. Learn to actually read the links that you claim to.

joebean91

hang the sonofabitch anyways
ICMag Donor
Recently made a batch of bho from all Lemon Diesel material ...smells and tastes exactly like lemons . I believe this terpene is limonene . If there ever was a strain than could fool the K9 ..this could be it ..I wonder .

dogscantsmellbh

The only things in wax/bho is thc cbd and teripins . the first 2 have no smell and the last on is found in every plant on earth. You drink wine your investing them just like smoking a joint. The only way for the man to train a dog to smell wax would be to get every kind of weed on earth make wax with them and train the dogs to smell each one. The greenhouse seed company has over 16000 strains In their bank. Every time they get a new flavor the cross it with every thing they have. I would guess there are at least 100000s of different kinds with the possibility of millions of strains.
I got pulled over in wi a half a year ago. The police was looking for a 19 year old female so logically me being a 34 year old male fit the description of a 19 year old female. I drove up from Illinois and vaped wax and eliquid dabs for the hole 3 hr drive to wi. I also had a bag with 8 brownies that stunk like hell . long story short these sissies had their sissy drug dog come. It walked around my car twice and it didn't hit. I had 2 gs of wax in a glass jar, 5 emptey jars( I use a eclipse vape) with no lids on 14 mil of edabs . a edab pen in my center counsel . the brownies were in a bag inside a pizza box. Plus I had a jar of dabs In my pocket when the dogs walked right past me. The dog didn't hit shit and then I started talking shit to the sissy cops.
I have made wax/bho at least 100 times. Every time I make it the left over plant material smells just as bad as before I made it. The dogs are trained to smell the plant material in the green. Bho is just all the oils and resins from the plant. No way a dog can hit on bho
That doesn't mean that the person with the dog can't put a piece of pot in front of the dogs noise causing him to hit. I would say as long as your car does t smell like smoked pot you should be fine . just follow the speed limit and stop at stop signs. I've been pulled over twice In 10 years driving like that. One time I got pulled over because I am white a d I picked up a black friend to go to work. When the cop pulled me over I asked him why he pulled me over and he had no reason for it. The second time was because this sissy cop had beef with a 19 year old girl I never meet. I just happened to pick up her bf from her house when she wasn't home.

dogscantsmellbh

Recently made a batch of bho from all Lemon Diesel material ...smells and tastes exactly like lemons . I believe this terpene is limonene . If there ever was a strain than could fool the K9 ..this could be it ..I wonder .

Look up terpenes . they are found in every fruit or veggie or plant on earth. Each one smells different. Its impossible to train a dog to hit on 100000s kind of strains that all have different smelling ters. Plus the dog would hit on so much shit it would make a drug dog pointless. Every wax I made smelled different . every kind of weed I have ever bought has a weed smell to it no matter what terepens are in it. Like blueberries smell like blue berries to a pot head but it smells like shit to someone who doesn't smoke. Dogs smell the plant material not the essential oils and resins

dogscantsmellbh

Was it bho/wax or hash oil. I have made a lot of both and can't tell you hash like smells because it has plant material . this can be avoided by only soaking the green in alcohol for 20 mins. If you soak the green an
much longer the plant material will bind with the alcohol . causing it to smell

The_Cavi710

IDK for sure but I don't think they hit off the cannabinoids but the terpenes insted so if they were present, which they should be unless perhaps its The Clear, i would say they could smell. But i wouldn't be to worried about flying with it just keep it consealed on you carry on you should be fine as for cruises it's a litte more strict about the illicit substances

Latest posts

Latest posts