What's new

Can dogs smell BHO?

mad librettist

Veteran
Smell occurs on the molecular level. There is NO way to hide it. Hence, a dog trained on any particular scent can detect that substance be it covered in plastic, then encased in wax, then suspended in diesel fuel.
How near the dog has to be, who knows, 10 feet?
Bottom line, if a dog is involved, you're f@cked!

not quite right... this really depends on how long the package has been sealed. Dogs can't smell through plastic, but eventually anything odorous is going to get through the plastic, at which point the dog can detect it.

poina

Sorry, I have to disagree from personal experience. Busted by dogs on train from Holland to Brussels.
Completely wrapped in plastic over and over.
Didn't even phase the dog. He sat down like we were long lost buddies!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Define plastics? There is more than one and how thick did you say it was?

Typically speaking about the most common low density polyethylene zip lock type bags, the plastic is made from ethane, a simple alkane hydrocarbon, which is totally missible with oily turpenoids. They pass right through it in their molecular state.

Ever locked up a zip of skunky bud in car during the good ole summer time and noticed what your car reeked of when you returned?

Glass works better, and if it is stowed with the rest of your medications and toiletries, in a recycled labeled container, odds are in your favor, unless they have other reasons to minutely examine you.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Sorry, I have to disagree from personal experience. Busted by dogs on train from Holland to Brussels.
Completely wrapped in plastic over and over.
Didn't even phase the dog. He sat down like we were long lost buddies!

it may have been sealed adequately, but one must use gloves and the like, be wearing completely different clothes than the ones used packaging. its quite likely he smelled weed odor coming from some minute particle outside the package, moreso than smelling it through multiple sealed layers.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Smell occurs on the molecular level. There is NO way to hide it. Hence, a dog trained on any particular scent can detect that substance be it covered in plastic, then encased in wax, then suspended in diesel fuel.
How near the dog has to be, who knows, 10 feet?
Bottom line, if a dog is involved, you're f@cked!

i dont believe that. dogs cant smell through impermeable barriers, such as solid steel in a diesel fuel tank.

F

Fluffy Clouds

i think you dont need too much plastic... you need another dog´s hair on your bho or you need another dog to piss on your bho :D

:wave:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
i dont believe that. dogs cant smell through impermeable barriers, such as solid steel in a diesel fuel tank.
True ,But dogs hav found weed in tankers..most likely they 'hit' on residue from the people loadin the truck being sloppy..Never bet your freedom against a properly trained dogs nose..stay safe.

poina

You're not going to beat the dog because of the nature of smell originating at the molecular level.
Yes it can be masked, perhaps decreasing the dogs area of detectable distance, but it will find what it has been trained for.
I would be willing to wager a large sum that no carbon scrubber can defeat the dog. You may not smell it but.......................
It's my OPINION that ozone would be the only thing that works. Google ozone generation for the science involved.

well when i got busted last year, they left all of my oil, my okief xl extractor,my okeif small extractor, all oil tools. and they took everything else they thought was weed related. the funny part was my oil was in a drawer filled with various weed devices, containers, papers. one of my okief tubes was still filled with used plant matter.
so what that tells me is they don't know anything about oil in my area.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
well when i got busted last year, they left all of my oil, my okief xl extractor,my okeif small extractor, all oil tools. and they took everything else they thought was weed related. the funny part was my oil was in a drawer filled with various weed devices, containers, papers. one of my okief tubes was still filled with used plant matter.
so what that tells me is they don't know anything about oil in my area.
yeah that.^^^^..Cops thought mine was a pipe bomb....that was a bit of sunshine on a fucked up day...

jd4083

Veteran
Aren't a large part of what the dog would smell in regular pot the terpenoids? If that's true, I would imagine they could smell BHO, as that's one of the concentrate methods that passes the terps through from the flowers to the final product if I understand correctly.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
one time my buddy had weed in his camaro, he was already a marked man, so when he was pulled over the cops searched his car with dogs, but they didnt smell it. it was under the center console behind the shifter, single bagged. he was surprised, but relieved :)

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Aren't a large part of what the dog would smell in regular pot the terpenoids? If that's true, I would imagine they could smell BHO, as that's one of the concentrate methods that passes the terps through from the flowers to the final product if I understand correctly.

i read one time a name of a chemical supposedly they are trained for, i think its in all weed, regardless of thc content. i dont think its actually a terpene, but i cant find the info. think it was posted on this site actually.

J

juicepuddle

So if you made an absolute, purged so all the terps are gone I am sure no dog would smell it, however this could be incorrect, but no one has the info on it lol.

Tarheal

A friend of mine had a zip of strawberry bubblegum in a mason jar in the trunk of his subaru hatchback . He gets pulled over, dog hits on the car. Then they let the dog search the inside of the car, front seat, back seat, trunk section, hitting the horn and shit. Anyways short story shorter, dog doesn't hit on it, they let em go and they roll away and spark up.

Dogs make mistakes, and there are ways to beat them.

Tarheal

I've had a cop tell me dogs cant tell the difference between hemp and weed one time because I had a fatty hemp belt in the back seat.

Latest posts

Latest posts